Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chambers not up to standard?

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:00 am

I can't help but fear every time he needs to defend, he's reckless and passes the ball out straight back to opposition.

I think he's a major weak link and was last night! For me daland and fisher or daland and an inform goutas needs to play

Re: Chambers not up to standard?

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:57 am

I agree he is a liability lately, but to be fair he had a much better game last night with Goutas as his partner. He makes Harry Maguire look good :laughing5:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:08 am

Totally agree, another big disappointing Bulut signing along with Willock, Kanga and El Ghazi. Add them to Meite, Horvath, Turnbull etc.

However would like to see Chambers in a CDM role

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:08 am

Agreed. I'd have him 4th choice CB when Fish & Daland are fit. Actually, 5th if Darren Purse loses some timber and shaves his head.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:21 am

Hard to believe he's never played outside of the championship. Just don't seen anything in him at all. Sounds harsh but he's just gangerly and clumsy (without being particularly tall so he doesnt even offer much aerially either).

Maybe he just needs time to settle but I'm massively disappointed in him. Defo one of Bulut's bad signings who will cost us an awful lot of money over the course of his contract.

Could possibly switch to RB or CDM but he'd be my 4th choice CB.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:00 am

He tends to end up out of position alot, and unlike an in-form Goutas, doesn't make the correct call of when to come and when to stay.

He's a career RB that's had success at CDM.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:39 am

If Ralls gets injured I'd move him and try him next to Robertson.

He was great there for Fulham

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:14 pm

Can't be first choice when Daland, Fish and Goutas are available.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:39 pm

SB 1927 wrote:He tends to end up out of position alot, and unlike an in-form Goutas, doesn't make the correct call of when to come and when to stay.

And that is the problem - he's not a CB, but he isn't going to play at RB ahead of NG. Not a starter at CB either for me when Daland and/or Fish are fit. I do think he may be worth trying at CDM, but he makes the whole defence nervous in his curent role. I do agree apart from that moment right at the end last night, he had a much better game than of late.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:17 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:He tends to end up out of position alot, and unlike an in-form Goutas, doesn't make the correct call of when to come and when to stay.

And that is the problem - he's not a CB, but he isn't going to play at RB ahead of NG. Not a starter at CB either for me when Daland and/or Fish are fit. I do think he may be worth trying at CDM, but he makes the whole defence nervous in his curent role. I do agree apart from that moment right at the end last night, he had a much better game than of late.

Good post, agree with it all

Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:28 pm

I have been really disappointed by him. He was capped by England at 19 and has about 250 Premier League appearances. He is 29 which is when a Centre Half should be at his peak.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:20 pm

I thought he played well last night and was clearly organising the defence. He is prone to a wobble and that happened right at the end. For a big bloke he needs to impose himself more.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:26 pm

I would try him in midfield as the op said he played there for Fulham