Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Wrexham? ‘

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:22 am

Have the wheels come of the Wrexham bandwagon?

A couple of weeks ago they were Top of the Table:

They lost last night again this time to Stevenage 1-0

Their are a lot of good teams in League 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Wrexham? ‘

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:24 am

I told people weeks ago that it wouldn't last.

Parkinson is not good enough for League One.

Some people talk to them like they're some massive club, they may have rich owners but they're small in that league.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:35 am

Its a tough league to get out of, Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield Wed etc all found it tough to get out of, and they are much bigger clubs than Wrexham.

Its tight at the top of that league too, so one bad result can cost you 3 or 4 places in the table.

I doubt we will see them up the top at the end of the season.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:21 am

Looking at the table with teams having games in hand they could fall even further down the table. Sick of hearing of them like they are Real Madrid from the locals. Would love to see them slide down the table.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:21 pm

I appreciate that people are "sick of hearing about them".

I am a little too but, from my perspective, I guess its because I wish we had owners (once again) who actually cared about us as supporters, cared about the city in which many of us live, and who actually had a plan to get to the Premier League.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:26 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I appreciate that people are "sick of hearing about them".

I am a little too but, from my perspective, I guess its because I wish we had owners (once again) who actually cared about us as supporters, cared about the city in which many of us live, and who actually had a plan to get to the Premier League.

What I'm sick of hearing about is how this is some noble cause from the two of them because they care so deeply about Wrexham and their fans - that's absolute bullshit.

They are doing it for their egos and the TV show they have about it.

At some point they'll stagnate and the interest will drop from them, let's see what happens then.