Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aston Villa

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:57 pm

Just six years ago, Aston Villa were beginning their third successive season in the Championship.

They are now a Champions League club and beat Bayern Munich tonight - they have won both of their first two games in the competition and sit 5th in the Premier League, just two points off the top spot.

Fair play to them.

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:06 am

A great win and performance. Philogine played very well. I was surprised to see him in the 11. Master stroke by Emery.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just six years ago, Aston Villa were beginning their third successive season in the Championship.

They are now a Champions League club and beat Bayern Munich tonight - they have won both of their first two games in the competition and sit 5th in the Premier League, just two points off the top spot.

Fair play to them.

Exactly Ned,

If your Club is run correctly from the Top, their is no stopping you.

Run by Clowns and Bullshit , then You will struggle every year at some point and in the end you will go down.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just six years ago, Aston Villa were beginning their third successive season in the Championship.

Fair play to them.

They spent the money took the gamble they where close to been relagated after there first season,
wolves another team that went about it i thought in a good way loan a lot of players with right to buy etc.
We just went about it on a budget wben we needed to push the boat out to stay there we did sign sala but say no more.

Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:59 am

They did the most important thing….appointed the right manager.
The club is very well run and they put their money where their ambition is.
Strangely, I was with Villa fans last night who were laughing about the fact they were playing us 5 or 6 years ago …..and now in CL