Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING OMER RIZA: “ THURSDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2024 “

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:47 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ INTERIM MANAGER OMER RIZA WILL UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thursday 3rd October 2024

Omer Riza wants the Cardiff City Managers Job Full-Time.

Played 2 Won 1 Lost 1 Scored 2 Conceded 4

Cardiff are still bottom of the Championship and their worst start in over 100 years.

Omer Riza was part of Erol Bulut’s Management Team and had never been a first team manager before.

Striker Isaak Davies is back in light training.

"Jesper [Daland] trained today, so it was nice to see him back," Riza said. "He was training for a week but he's been getting through certain phases of his rehab. Today he trained really well, so he will be up for selection.

Aaron Ramsey could be out for quite a while.

Etete is out still.

OMER RIZA:

“If we win at Bristol, I hope it makes the owner, Mr Tan, happy, and the fans.”

"I know how important derbies are," Against Swansea we put up a good game and could have come away with the win.”

Omer Riza has said he is "hopeful" over getting the manager position at Cardiff City on a permanent basis and has told the board to "look no further" if they want to appoint a younger boss.

“I believe that if the club are going to take a chance on someone less proven - like they did with Steve Morison and then Mark Hudson, then I hope they turn to me and hand me the job on a more permanent basis.”

“The players have been excellent and taken everything on board.”

“You can tell by the way they've stepped out on to the pitch away at Hull and against Millwall, working hard for the club, there is a togetherness and a belief now.”

Omer Riza:

"Callum O'Dowda trained today and trained really well, he is ready for selection. Sio [Manolis Siopis] trained with medical today but will be training tomorrow with us, so he is up for selection. So yeah, got a full squad.“

“ READ ALL OMER RIZA UPDATES BELOW “

OMER RIZA:

"I know how important derbies are," Against Swansea we put up a good game and could have come away with the win.”

“We'll approach this game the same, high energy, high intensity, not allowing the opposition to play, if we can, then implement our style.”

"I am aware of that. I am aware that every game is important now. Points are important. Other than wins now, nothing else is important.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OMER RIZA:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:52 am

OMER RIZA:

Omer Riza has said he is "hopeful" over getting the manager position at Cardiff City on a permanent basis and has told the board to "look no further" if they want to appoint a younger boss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:53 am

OMER RIZA:

“I'm focusing on the game in front of me next Bristol City.”

“Obviously we have the international window where the club can look at decisions they want to make and hopefully it’s myself they chose.”

“Whether I'll be privy to that I don't know.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:53 am

OMER RIZA:

"It's for the Board to say whether I deserve the opportunity or not.”

“ I haven't changed as a person or a coach. I have always been a hard-working guy, fair, to bring a togetherness to the group.”

"For me, when it comes to the position, I've always said I want the opportunity. Hopefully I will get it.

"In my mind, you ask these questions and you think to yourself, well if you're going to bring someone in who is around that's my age, then there is no point in looking any further, because I've done the same thing these guys have done, other than the fact that they have been able to stand in front of a crowd because they've been given the opportunity to do so.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:54 am

Interim Manager Omer Riza:

01/10/2024 Cardiff City 1 Millwall 0 Crowd 15,687 Away Support 285

Sunday 06/10/24 15:00 Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

19/10/24 12:30pm Cardiff City v Plymouth Argyle Crowd Away Support

22/10/2024 - 19:45 - Cardiff City v Portsmouth

26/10/2024 - 15:00 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

02/11/2024 - 15:00 - Norwich City (h)

06/11/2024 - 20:00 Luton Town v Cardiff City

09/11/2024 - 12:30pm Cardiff City v Blackburn Rovers

23/11/2024 - 12:30pm Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:56 am

OMER RIZA:

“If it's somebody who has managed 500-600 games and has got loads of experience and you can learn from him and I understand, but then that's a different story.”

“As far as I’m concerned, I’ve been working hard to get to this point and that doesn’t change.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:58 am

CARDIFF ATTACKING:

Omer Riza:

“Attacking wise, I think we got bodies forward against Millwall and got in good positions.”

“It was more about being defensively robust. We had to be that and we were, and we managed to get the result that we wanted.”

“We will continue to be an attacking side and the players will play for the 90 mins and never give up.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:59 am

Omer Riza:

“I believe that if the club are going to take a chance on someone less proven - like they did with Steve Morison and then Mark Hudson, then I hope they turn to me and hand me the job on a more permanent basis.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:59 am

Omer Riza:

“If we win at Bristol, I hope it makes the owner, Mr Tan, happy, and the fans.”

“People get enjoyment out of seeing their team win and it was nice to see the fans really getting behind the team and supporting the team on Tuesday.”

“They've had a rough ride so far, hopefully we will give them something to shout about on Sunday."

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:01 am

Omer Riza:

"Jesper [Daland] trained today, so it was nice to see him back," Riza said. "He was training for a week but he's been getting through certain phases of his rehab. Today he trained really well, so he will be up for selection.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:03 am

Omer Riza:

“I want the Cardiff City Job full-time.”

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

Both Dalman and Choo spoke with Riza pre-match. The interim boss said: "They came in before the game, we sat down and had a chat. They wished me luck and wished the boys luck."

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

“This is a great club and a great opportunity with a great fan base. And I think there's more to come.”

“I have told them that I would like to be considered.”

"I think we have proved that over the last two games in a small space of time. I don't know any more information, I'd be lying if I told you anything. It's only what you see and hear and read, which can be difficult at times.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:49 am

Omer Riza on Robertson:

“Alex is a great young player.”

“It was important that he played those forward passes. He was able to play it from one side to the other, played them over the top and that’s the reason he started against Millwall.”

“On top of that, he’s aggressive out of possession.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:58 am

Goutas v Millwall :

Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:16 am

Bulut continued to not pick Callum Robinson yet:

Callum Robinson in the last two games he’s started both ?

Probably one of Cardiff’s best players

Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:21 am

Rubin Colwill is the biggest talent and most brightest talent that Wales has produced for a long long time:

Rubin aged 22 and has now played in over 100 Cardiff City games.

"He is the biggest and most brightest talent that Wales have had for a long, long time."

That is how highly Matty Jones, Wales's under-21s boss, thinks of Rubin Colwill. So, too, do many of his ardent backers and fans of Cardiff City, who have for so long wondered why his trajectory has not skyrocketed in recent years.

“Rubin needs to start and be given the backing for his confidence and you will then see real talent.”

“I watched him against Millwall and Rubin controlled the game, start him every game.”

"For Rubin, he is still faced with that dilemma of being on the periphery of the (first-team) squad," Jones said. "He has healthy competition in front of him in the senior squad, but at the moment he's lucky to be eligible to play for the under-21s, at least then he can fall back and still have international exposure.“

"We are going to give him full backing, full support. He excites me every time I watch him play, because he can make something happen in the game. I was there on Tuesday night, seeing those moments of brilliance. I think it's the whole package we are looking to support Rubin with and making sure he is heavily motivated to do the other side of the game."

The game to which Jones alludes was Cardiff's 1-0 win over Millwall, during which Colwill was praised lavishly for sparking the hosts' attack into life on a number of occasions. Forcing a smart double save from the Lions keeper and going close with a cute free-kick from 20 yards were just some of the moments which got fans off their seats.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:19 pm

BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY 3pm THIS SUNDAY

NO BUBBLE

Make your own way

35miles away

When Pompey / Sunderland / Derby / Plymouth / Bradford City were down they All Sold out every home and away games, Because that’s what Loyal Fans do when your Club is going through tough times, anyone can support a Winning team.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: BREAKING OMER RIZA:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Omer Riza:

“The players have been excellent and taken everything on board.”

“You can tell by the way they've stepped out on to the pitch away at Hull and against Millwall, working hard for the club, there is a togetherness and a belief now.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:14 pm

OMER RIZA:

“We'll approach this game the same, high energy, high intensity, not allowing the opposition to play, if we can, then implement our style.”

"I am aware of that. I am aware that every game is important now. Points are important. Other than wins now, nothing else is important.”

Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:24 pm

Update on injuries:

Striker Isaak Davies is back in light training.

Aaron Ramsey could be out for quite a while.

Etete is out still.

Re: BREAKING OMER RIZA: “ THURSDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2024 “

Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:38 pm

Omer Riza:

"Callum O'Dowda trained today and trained really well, he is ready for selection. Sio [Manolis Siopis] trained with medical today but will be training tomorrow with us, so he is up for selection. So yeah, got a full squad.“

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:29 am

Omer Riza:

“We will take the game to Bristol and We can hurt them.”
“We are expecting certain things.”
“Bristol have been a bit hot and cold this season.”
“It’s a massive game, it’s a derby.”

Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:23 pm

We won’t see Rambo in a City shirt again in my opinion. He’s done

Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:17 pm

To be honest I like this guy..I'd give him a chance

Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:27 am

In last few days Tickets Sales went up massively after the Millwall Win.

2,420 Cardiff City Fans are travelling to The Severn Side Derby 3pm Today.

Hopefully The 40min journey will be made well worth it With A Bluebirds Win :bluebird: :bluebird: