Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ He is the biggest talent and most brightest talent “

Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:23 am

Rubin Colwill is the biggest talent and most brightest talent that Wales has produced for a long long time:

Rubin aged 22 and has now played in over 100 Cardiff City games but needs to start every game.

"He is the biggest and most brightest talent that Wales have had for a long, long time."

That is how highly Matty Jones, Wales's under-21s boss, thinks of Rubin Colwill. So, too, do many of his ardent backers and fans of Cardiff City, who have for so long wondered why his trajectory has not skyrocketed in recent years.

“Rubin needs to start and be given the backing for his confidence and you will then see real talent.”

“I watched him against Millwall and Rubin controlled the game, start him every game.”

"For Rubin, he is still faced with that dilemma of being on the periphery of the (first-team) squad," Jones said. "He has healthy competition in front of him in the senior squad, but at the moment he's lucky to be eligible to play for the under-21s, at least then he can fall back and still have international exposure.“

"We are going to give him full backing, full support. He excites me every time I watch him play, because he can make something happen in the game. I was there on Tuesday night, seeing those moments of brilliance. I think it's the whole package we are looking to support Rubin with and making sure he is heavily motivated to do the other side of the game."

The game to which Jones alludes was Cardiff's 1-0 win over Millwall, during which Colwill was praised lavishly for sparking the hosts' attack into life on a number of occasions. Forcing a smart double save from the Lions keeper and going close with a cute free-kick from 20 yards were just some of the moments which got fans off their seats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ He is the biggest talent and most brightest talent “

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:58 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:23 pm

No goals or assists in eight league games this season.

Only six goals and four assists in the league in the previous three seasons.

He has to deliver the numbers to be properly seen as a quality player and that hasn't happened yet. I'll judge him on his numbers.

But people will always make excuses for him.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:49 pm

If he was that good he would be in the main Wales squad every game at his age. He's 22 now & if Spain (?) can play a 16-year-old then he should be banging them in & running the game at 22 and he isn't, his decision making with the final ball leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm sure that most, if not all of us here want him to be the next Ramsey/Bale but he's not a kid anymore & he leaves a lot of us wondering & hoping.

Maybe this run of games will be the making of him, I sure hope so for his sake & ours.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:52 pm

I don't agree with that.

Jordan James is younger than Rubin, Brennan Johnson ever so slightly older.

Both of the above players are a lot better.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:34 pm

He is a big lad and I think he is a late developer. He is not going to be the buzzy high press player ballers wants because he is all about what you do without the ball, but that means one managers system is unsuited to his skill set until he learns to be a DCM

Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:No goals or assists in eight league games this season.

He has to deliver the numbers to be properly seen as a quality player and that hasn't happened yet. I'll judge him on his numbers.

How has he hurt you in the past? Haha he’s our only player who tries to create anything

Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:59 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

How has he hurt you in the past? Haha he’s our only player who tries to create anything

I really want him to succeed which is why I'm so critical, because I know with his talent he is capable of a lot better.

But being honest, if we signed a player with those stats then we would be disappointed.

So I don't see why it should be any different with Rubin.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:02 pm

hes got the talent but he hasnt produced anything yet he had a top game against millwall without a doubt but everyone is licking his rear he hasnt produced anything and until that happens hes bang average in my eyes all well an good picking a basic pass. When he starts producing on a regular assist and goals it means absoluetly sweet F.A. always said hes overhyped by our fan base but im hoping i eat my words and ive been waiting for 2/3 season. BANG AVERAGE as it stands. may look good but looking good means nothing he needs to be delivering the goods assists and goals . not in the Wales setup again ? bellamy knows . Fact :thumbup:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:48 pm

He’s class
Been saying it for a while , this is his season
Ran his socks off tuesday night , some good touches and vision , he’s just gona get better

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:12 am

No goals no assist in 8 or even more games can be said of the whole team fella.
Not trying to start crap with you.
You always come across as one of the decent ones on here.
But with no continuity in squad selection or tactics.
And the fact no manager puts 100% belief in him or the rest of them. He's bound to be up and down on form on the pitch.
The team needs identity and a game plan.
And Rubin needs a good run in the team.
And people also need to stop making out he's some wonder kid and just let him get on with his game.

As for original post.
Also I'm not bothered about international games or what they say.
Club is all I'm concerned with.
That's where he needs to be playing and getting results imo.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:19 am

NinianLFW wrote:

And the fact no manager puts 100% belief in him or the rest of them. He's bound to be up and down on form on the pitch.
And people also need to stop making out he's some wonder kid and just let him get on with his game.

As for original post.

Fair points actually.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:11 pm

NinianLFW wrote:

As for original post.

I get what you're saying but people keep saying stupid sht like making him out to be the next wonderkid when he isn't & I think that's where the problem lies and where people disagree with both sides of that argument wanting to make their point.

As you say "just let him play".

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
NinianLFW wrote:

As for original post.

I get what you're saying but people keep saying stupid sht like making him out to be the next wonderkid when he isn't & I think that's where the problem lies and where people disagree with both sides of that argument wanting to make their point.

As you say "just let him play".

I agree.

I want to see our academy produce class players, but those players are sometimes looked at as world beaters.

The headline states biggest talent that has come out of Wales, but he isn't as I said on an earlier post.

Basically I agree with what you said.