Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City have only Won:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:31 pm

Bristol City’s manager is Liam Manning, who has been in the role since November 2023.

Since taking over at Bristol City, the side have won 14 out of 43 and below mid table.

Starting his coaching career with West Ham United’s U23s side, he then continued his journey in Belgium with Lommel S.K.

In August 2021, Manning joined MK Dons and impressed during his time at the club.

In his first season, the side finished third in League One, but were defeated by Wycombe Wanderers in the Play-Off Semi-Final.

Manning has also spent time at Oxford United, where he won 14 of his 29 matches in the role, before taking the step to the Championship.

Since taking over at Bristol City, the side have won 14 out of 43 matches, a win percentage of 31.82%. In comparison, his win percentages were 46.67%, 48.19% and 48.28% at Lommel, MK Dons and Oxford United respectively.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bristol City only Won:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:35 pm

Liam Manning has hit back after boos from some Bristol City fans rang around Ashton Gate at full-time. And the Robins boss believes the criticism was "unjust" with City unlucky not to come away with all three points against Sheffield Wednesday.

There were murmurings and boos which met referee Anthony Backhouse’s full-time whistle as the Robins couldn’t knock down the resilient Owls defence, with the contest finishing 0-0 under the lights at BS3.

The point leaves the Robins 13th in the Championship standings having picked up 10 points from their opening eight games of the season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:41 pm

Regardless of any of that, we've only won once this season.

They are rightly the favorites for the game.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:43 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Regardless of any of that, we've only won once this season.

But My Point is many keep saying we keep playing the Top sides until the Millwall game, So if we have improved then The Worzels are their to be beaten and their fans have turned on their manager and we must make the most of it now.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But My Point is many keep saying we keep playing the Top sides until the Millwall game, So if we have improved then The Worzels are their to be beaten and their fans have turned on their manager and we must make the most of it now.

Agree Annis upto millwall games been tougher than the next 4 games coming up if only because those teams have been playing well... bristol manager walking tightrope of the sack so pressure us on him to get result we've just eon so let's see if progress is being maintained? A draw is minimum we should be looking for and not a 9 man defensive tactic..

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agree Annis upto millwall games been tougher than the next 4 games coming up if only because those teams have been playing well... bristol manager walking tightrope of the sack so pressure us on him to get result we've just eon so let's see if progress is being maintained? A draw is minimum we should be looking for and not a 9 man defensive tactic..

With you Allan,

Let’s attack and beat them while they are feeling down and they’re on the managers back.

We should feel upbeat after our win.

Re: Bristol City have only Won:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:15 pm

Daland returning will be a massive boost to the defence. Is a good time to play them but as we all know no easy games in championship. Two massive 6 pointers upcoming against Plymouth and Portsmouth.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:23 pm

Barryblues wrote:Daland returning will be a massive boost to the defence. Is a good time to play them but as we all know no easy games in championship. Two massive 6 pointers upcoming against Plymouth and Portsmouth.

I agree

He’s real quality :bluebird:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply :

Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:20 pm

One good thing I can't see riza adopting a defensive stance of bulut promotions.....

Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:26 pm

I think we won’t lose so it’s another step in the right direction and confidence growing.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:17 pm

theclaw wrote:I think we won’t lose so it’s another step in the right direction and confidence growing.

Let's hope so :thumbup: