Sam Allardyce - 33/1

Aaron Ramsey - 40/1

Frank Lampard - 40/1

Robbie Keane - 40/1

Andrew Crofts - 50/1

Gary Rowett - 50/1

Scott Lindsey - 50/1

Updated

Interesting to see Michael Beale's odds have shortened from 40/1 just a few days ago to 8/1 now.

Ryan Lowe the same.

Probably nothing in it, but worth posting.

Re: Michael Beale

Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:44 am

Beale down to 5/1 since I posted this....

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:34 am

He is a management failure with both qpr and Sunderland, Tan will love him.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:46 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:He is a management failure with both qpr and Sunderland, Tan will love him.

True that he failed at Sunderland (and Rangers).

But not right to say he failed at QPR. He had them near the top of the table when he left for Rangers.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:48 am

Didn't he have a twitter burner site that was him, bigging him up and abusing his employers and fans :laughing6:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:54 am

SB 1927 wrote:Didn't he have a twitter burner site that was him, bigging him up and abusing his employers and fans :laughing6:

That was the rumour when he was at Sunderland :lol:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:11 am

I don't think anyone knows, Bulut came out of nowhere and if there's anything other than lying that the regime is good at, it's keeping managerial comings quiet.

It could just be that someone has put a tenner on one of them.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:18 am

Roath_Blue wrote:I don't think anyone knows, Bulut came out of nowhere and if there's anything other than lying that the regime is good at, it's keeping managerial comings quiet.

It could just be that someone has put a tenner on one of them.

I agree with that.

But like I said, worth posting that he's gone from being nowhere on the list to one of the favorites.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:33 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Plymuff Bloobird wrote:He is a management failure with both qpr and Sunderland, Tan will love him.

But not right to say he failed at QPR. He had them near the top of the table when he left for Rangers.

Not sure he stayed long enough at either club to be classed as a failure ! :o

Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:15 am

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Allen he is coming to the right club then to be a short stay manager.
I personally think that the new manager will be a "name" and none of those being bandied about :thumbup:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:35 am

Gus Poyet it is then :thumbup:

Re: Michael Beale & Ryan Lowe

Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:17 pm

Ryan Lowe into second favourite at 3/1 behind Schumacher.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:34 pm

I was told the weekend that the the manager would be in place by wed/thur this week.

Well that didnt happen for whatever reason, but it proves only the club knows whats going on which i guess is a good thing.

The manager i was told it would be was Schumacher, perhaps his interview didnt go very well then. :laughing6:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:53 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I personally think that the new manager will be a "name" and none of those being bandied about :thumbup:

Sounds like good news Roger.... but believe it or not bulut was 7th longest coach in championship at the time...... tbh getting the boot doesn't always reflect on the coach's ability more the owners itchy trigger finger.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Sounds like good news Roger.... but believe it or not bulut was 7th longest coach in championship at the time...... tbh getting the boot doesn't always reflect on the coach's ability more the owners itchy trigger finger.

Too true Allen :laughing6:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:22 pm

Betting means nothing in reality.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:Betting means nothing in reality.

When there's slight movement I agree but when someone's odds move dramatically it can be a sign.

Used to work in the industry and you would be surprised that a lot of the time, when there's big movement then that person ends up getting the job.

Re: Updated " The new Cardiff City manager "

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:03 pm

New Cardiff City manager latest odds - updated 4pm on Friday 4th October

Steven Schumacher - 5/2

Ryan Lowe - 3/1

Omer Riza - 7/2

Michael Beale - 6/1

Freyr Alexandersson - 6/1

Nathan Jones - 12/1

James Rowberry - 16/1

Mark Hughes - 16/1

Darren Purse - 25/1

Neil Warnock - 25/1

Roy Hodgson - 25/1

Tony Mowbray - 25/1

Alex Neil - 33/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 33/1

Rob Page - 33/1

Sam Allardyce - 33/1

Aaron Ramsey - 40/1

Frank Lampard - 40/1

Robbie Keane - 40/1

Andrew Crofts - 50/1

Gary Rowett - 50/1

Scott Lindsey - 50/1

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:05 pm

That's a very long list of potential managers! :D

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:That's a very long list of potential managers! :D

I haven't even included all of them :lol:

Some of them are 100% certain not to happen either. Alexandersson and Kortrijk have both said he's staying. Lindsey has only just gone to MK Dons.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:10 pm

Good to see that Giggs isn't on the list!

Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:32 pm

The Regime as usual are not looking that widely and if Omer Riza can get a few wins behind him, get your money on him as he’s Cheap, No extra cost , Will let them chose his backroom Staff and he will 100% be a Tan Yes man.

We need a good Championship manager with good experience for the long run, not another Manager with Real Experience.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:That's a very long list of potential managers! :D

I haven't even included all of them :lol:

Some of them are 100% certain not to happen either. Alexandersson and Kortrijk have both said he's staying. Lindsey has only just gone to MK Dons.

Ned was going on esuption that some were a red herring.....but you hope that riza was not for consideration no matter what results were...in fact if he did well it would show tan ect the squad needs a decent experienced coach to take it forward to top 6 next season?

Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:52 pm

If you put money on the easter bunny & santa they would appear on the list, it's meaningless at this point as it doesn't mean they're being considered but people are treating it like everyone on it is being considered or interviewed.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:If you put money on the easter bunny & santa they would appear on the list, it's meaningless at this point as it doesn't mean they're being considered but people are treating it like everyone on it is being considered or interviewed.

Sounding like a broken record but I'll repeat that that's true when someone goes from 3/1 to 2/1 but when someone goes from 50/1 to 3/1 then there is more to it than just that, I know that from working in the industry.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:If you put money on the easter bunny & santa they would appear on the list, it's meaningless at this point as it doesn't mean they're being considered but people are treating it like everyone on it is being considered or interviewed.

Sounding like a broken record but I'll repeat that that's true when someone goes from 3/1 to 2/1 but when someone goes from 50/1 to 3/1 then there is more to it than just that, I know that from working in the industry.

I know, that's why I said not everyone on the list is being considered yet some people act like everyone named is.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:17 pm

Just had a look at Ryan Lowe's history, isn't it a bit more impressive or "us" than Schumacher?

PNE have been a well-organised outfit who IMO were the only team in the championship that used to bully Cardiff City, but recently they also outplayed us (not difficult) as well.

Wouldn't be to disappointed with him,plus i can spell his name
:laughing6:

Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:23 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Just had a look at Ryan Lowe's history, isn't it a bit more impressive or "us" than Schumacher?

PNE have been a well-organised outfit who IMO were the only team in the championship that used to bully Cardiff City, but recently they also outplayed us (not difficult) as well.

Wouldn't be to disappointed with him,plus i can spell his name
:laughing6:

I would favour Schumacher still because in terms of the future, I can see him going on to better things than Lowe. Might be wrong but that's my view.

But I wouldn't be disappointed with Lowe, he did a relatively decent job at Preston and surprised when he left very early in the season.

Not convinced they have a massive improvement with Heckingbottom, who may have got Sheffield United promoted but they will go down as one of the worst teams to get promoted in recent years. With that squad, should have done so much better.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:24 pm

God there's a few names on there that I'm thinking...... nooooooooooooooooo

Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:24 am

Rob Page would finish me off tbh …..absolutely no where near the club please !!
Don’t see a clear choice from the list tbh