Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jonny Owen here...it's getting ridiculous now!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24198 :ayatollah:

Hi everyone,

Just to keep you all updated..
Seems the single is doing numbers nobody possibly imagined..and people are REALLY starting to sit up and take notice..in London.

The whole point of this was to get as much publicity for the immortal Fred Keenor...as they said in the Cardiff City history...quite simply the 'Greatest' ever Bluebird.

A man twice injured on the Somme...he comes home and Captains his beloved home town club to the FA Cup in 1927.
I'm learning so much about the man and what he was that it's humbling just to be involved in something bearing his name.

One time in the Home Championship Wales were playing up in Scotland...Fred (playing for Cardiff) was the ONLY Welsh player playing for a Football league Welsh team...City.
The English teams would not release their Welsh players....so Wales travelled to Glasgow with 10 Welsh League players and Fred.

Scotland that year were heavy favorites to win the Home Championship.
In an astonishing game Wales pulled off a miraculous 2-2 draw..with 10 non league players!!! Imagine that now.
Apparently Fred was everywhere...encouraging his fellow countryman, throwing himself into tackles so that by the end he was hobbling but still standing..

The Scottish crowd were enthralled by his performance and gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch..
The next morning the Papers ran the result...Scotland 2 Fred Keenor 2...
THAT'S the kind of player that played for OUR club. ;)

Anyway, the single is doing so well it's just behind Westlife and JLS in the pre-order charts but above Shane Ward and The Saturdays...sounds mental doesn't it?
But check this link out..(It's now number THREE!!!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases ... s_m_h__mte

And do you know what?
The more WE spread this link...the more we buy the song...the more money we make for the Statue and the more the world will know about the great Fred Keenor.

Keep the faith Brothers and Sisters...we look more and more like a Premiership club ON and OFF the pitch everyday..
The giant they all spoke about it having a good yawn and stretch..and when he stands (excuse the pun!!) up then people will see a BIG club...I'm proud to be in London as a Cardiff City fan and hearing people say...this fanbase is incredible..cause you are... :ayatollah:

Thanks again for all your help, encouragment and kind words and I'll look forward to seeing you soon...the beer'll be on Carl, Annis and Tommy Fish okay? haha!
:ayatollah:

Re: Jonny Owen here...it's getting ridiculous now!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:04 am

Thanks Jonny ... Fantastic post about our Fred Keenor... great to see you song doing so well too
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 am

Hello Mr Owen :)

This is my wife "Eliisa" singing, I would appreciate any feedback or advice :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/user/keliarceoha ... 6LwpPnhC6E

I know this is not yor type of music but....

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:15 am

Have ordered from itunes and amazon .... loved hearing Fearne Cotton sounding a little confused when announcing James Fox's single on the Radio 1 chart show, now it's The Stand's turn !

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 am

GREAT POST Jonathan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24198
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:31 am

She's good mate...have you got it off to anyone? I can certainly pass it on to a few people.

Thanks everyone else...only wish there was still TOTP's!! :D

But I'd love us to have a hit and everyone go...how on earth did this happen?
We haven't spent any money on publicity, pluggers or aren't on the X factor..

Just through word of mouth and City fans...how cool is that? haha! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

Jonathan NO 3 SUPERB NEWS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24198 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 am

Jonathan Owen wrote:She's good mate...have you got it off to anyone? I can certainly pass it on to a few people.

Thanks Jonny, we have not pushed it yet.

She is in the UK Open Mic Regional Final in Cardiff on the 24th, and is a contestant on a new Sky TV Talent show to be aired in Summer next year.

This week she is going down Kent to start recording her songs, and some covers and then starting work on her video.

Any help you can give would be brilliant :ayatollah:

No 1 for "I'll Be There" is a must be :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 am

...and of course she is a fellow Bluebird (No I am not making that up she really is!)

:D

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 am

Cracking post.................

Gr8 to see the single in pre order 3rd position. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 am

No problem mate...anything for two fellow City fans.. ;)

It's number 2 now...haha!

The weeks 'tour' is gonna be a right laugh.
Cant wait now... :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 am

I just bought 20 for Xmas gifts LOL

That will keep all the plastics in my Family happy :D

I brought my kids up the right way though :ayatollah:

If we can we will get to one of the weekend venues, because I work away during the week.

Good Luck with everything, we are proud of you!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:26 am

Jonathan Owen wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24198 :ayatollah:

Hi everyone,

Seems the single is doing numbers nobody possibly imagined..and people are REALLY starting to sit up and take notice..in London.

The whole point of this was to get as much publicity for the immortal Fred Keenor...as they said in the Cardiff City history...quite simply the 'Greatest' ever Bluebird.

A man twice injured on the Somme...he comes home and Captains his beloved home town club to the FA Cup in 1927.
I'm learning so much about the man and what he was that it's humbling just to be involved in something bearing his name.

One time in the Home Championship Wales were playing up in Scotland...Fred (playing for Cardiff) was the ONLY Welsh player playing for a Football league Welsh team...City.
The English teams would not release their Welsh players....so Wales travelled to Glasgow with 10 Welsh League players and Fred.

In an astonishing game Wales pulled off a miraculous 2-2 draw..with 10 non league players!!! Imagine that now.
Apparently Fred was everywhere...encouraging his fellow countryman, throwing himself into tackles so that by the end he was hobbling but still standing..

The Scottish crowd were enthralled by his performance and gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch..

Anyway, the single is doing so well it's just behind Westlife and JLS in the pre-order charts but above Shane Ward and The Saturdays...sounds mental doesn't it?

And do you know what?
The more WE spread this link...the more we buy the song...the more money we make for the Statue and the more the world will know about the great Fred Keenor.

Keep the faith Brothers and Sisters...we look more and more like a Premiership club ON and OFF the pitch everyday..
The giant they all spoke about it having a good yawn and stretch..and when he stands (excuse the pun!!) up then people will see a BIG club...I'm proud to be in London as a Cardiff City fan and hearing people say...this fanbase is incredible..cause you are... :ayatollah:

Thanks again for all your help, encouragment and kind words and I'll look forward to seeing you soon...the beer'll be on Carl, Annis and Tommy Fish okay? haha!

Fantastic news Jonny Well done to everyone involved. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:54 am

Number 1 now!! Just overtaken Westlife...

That's YOU LOT that is!!! :lol:

Brilliant...

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 am

Jonathan Owen wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24198 :ayatollah:

Hi everyone,

And do you know what?

Top post mate

How that bit about the Scotland International slipped under my radar I'll never know!!
I've been reading up on old Fred and had no idea about that bit.

F U C K I NG A M A Z I N G

The greatest ever City player???... He's got to be right up there with John Charles as
the greatest ever Welsh player.

Lets do that 'Greatest ever City Player poll again'.... in fact....... ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

1) Fred Keenor
2) John Charles
3) Billy Meredith
4) Ivor Allchurch
5) Ryan Giggs
6) Ian Rush
7) Cliff Jones
8) Mark Hughes
9) Bryn Jones
10) Mark Pembridge (What? Trying to say I'm Merthyr biased or something.. ;) )

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:20 am

Keli wrote:
Jonathan Owen wrote:She's good mate...have you got it off to anyone? I can certainly pass it on to a few people.

She is in the UK Open Mic Regional Final in Cardiff on the 24th, and is a contestant on a new Sky TV Talent show to be aired in Summer next year.

This week she is going down Kent to start recording her songs, and some covers and then starting work on her video.

Did she not enter the X Factor mate?? Cracking voice and a lovely looking girl too!!

If she got a break in the UK she would be bloody heeauuge in the Far East!!!.....

I'm sending the link to my mate in london, his Missus is Phillipino, he's a concierge
in a top hotel and meets all sorts of people.

This is not a favour. This is commission based :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:24 am

Jonathan Owen wrote:1) Fred Keenor
2) John Charles
3) Billy Meredith
4) Ivor Allchurch
5) Ryan Giggs
6) Ian Rush
7) Cliff Jones
8) Mark Hughes
9) Bryn Jones
10) Mark Pembridge (What? Trying to say I'm Merthyr biased or something.. ;) )

I'd have to say John Charles would top the all-time Welsh list. Simply because he was a legend
across the whole of Europe

But Fred is by far and away the Numero Uno City player of all time.

Anyone who says different should be forced to do a six month stint as minder to Peter Ridsdale
in his new role selling Hotdogs outside the Neville on matchdays

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:35 am

If there was still a TOTP. You'd be up there giving it plenty, some poor girl would trip
and bang her head in the audience and the headlines would be:

"Cardiff City fans attack innocent teeny-boppers"
At the BBC studios in Shepherds Bush last night, a twelve year old girl suffered
head injuries after Cardiff City supporters appeared to jump up and down to the
new 'thug' anthem "I'll Be There"
Witness Lisa Robinson, herself Welsh said at one stage she feared for the
safety of herself and other innocent onlookers "it was carnage" she said "one of them
was up on stage holding the microphone stand aggressively and encouraging the
ten or twelve Cardiff hooligans to move around rather quickly and even appeared
to clap hands whilst jumping around and miming the words. :? "
Later that night, Mrs Robinson is alleged to have gone on a killing spree on arrival
back at Cardiff Central Station, four Cardiff fans have been arrested.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 am

taffyapple wrote:
Keli wrote:

Did she not enter the X Factor mate?? Cracking voice and a lovely looking girl too!!

If she got a break in the UK she would be bloody heeauuge in the Far East!!!.....

I'm sending the link to my mate in london, his Missus is Phillipino, he's a concierge
in a top hotel and meets all sorts of people.

This is not a favour. This is commission based :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

X-Factor is a bad joke, she has entered SKY TV "Initiation" (Google it). This show is more about talent :ayatollah:

Thanks, I will pay you in copies of Jonny's "I'll Be There" :D

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:09 pm

And now a 3-2 Win over Brizzle after being 2-0 down!!!

f**k me I might try the lottery now.... ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:48 pm

jonny owen more popular than westlife hahahahahaha time to get my coat it hink

nice one jon

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Haha! Yeah well they were never the same after Brian left.... ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Jonathan Owen wrote:Number 1 now!! Just overtaken Westlife...

Brilliant...

Great news! Lets keep it there now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks...blitz the press next week.

Let's show them what we all know City fans really are...digging into their pockets in tough times for a great cause.
The CCFC family.

I'll hammer it dont worry... :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Top of the Amazon charts! It must be my facebook skills ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:32 pm

You and Witts today I'd say.... 8-)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Jonathan Owen wrote:Number 1 now!! Just overtaken Westlife...

Brilliant...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Bought mine yesterday Chief. Well done Jonny :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:48 pm

" NINIAN PARK PUB FOR THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH BEFORE THE NORWICH CITY HOME GAME 30th OCT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: