Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jonny Owen here...it's getting ridiculous now!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Fantastic news that the single is No.1 on the amazon pre order charts. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Be great to meet you all and say thanks in person.

I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I've ordered two, one for each ear.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Ha! You Aberdare boys... ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:46 pm

how are the preparations for the tour going?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:50 pm

All good Nicky..

The only slight 'hitch' was that The Con Club in Ferndale is unavailable now so we couldn't do the Rhondda...but it meant I could move the Merthyr gig from the Monday and I can go to Leeds now and cheggers can come too!! ha.

But they should be a laugh, you know?

the record company has made noises about recording an album gigs maybe Xmas or in the New Year and me, Owen and Guto have spoken about it so we'll see.

If we did we'd like them to be like old 'Faces' gigs where we'd kick footballs in the audience and the fans could proper bounce about. We'd try and do a high energy set.
I'd like them to be like the old terraces were, you know? Packed, sweaty and heaving! Like the old days.. ;)

But we'll have a look at it after the single has come out and see.
I'm having to do two films pre and post Christmas so the only trouble is time...but, you know, you can always find time cant you? And I had a great time recording the song and the lads in the band are brilliant lads so we'll see.

I've got this next few weeks cleared of any filming work so I can come on here a bit more too...it's a great board and like I just said to the wife...addictive too....!! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:06 pm

How come HMV have got 2 versions of the 7" single ? One for £2.99, the other £3.99.

Anyone know what the difference is, can't see anything different in the description ?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Jonathan Owen wrote:All good Nicky..

The only slight 'hitch' was that The Con Club in Ferndale is unavailable now so we couldn't do the Rhondda...but it meant I could move the Merthyr gig from the Monday and I can go to Leeds now and cheggers can come too!! ha.

But they should be a laugh, you know?

the record company has made noises about recording an album gigs maybe Xmas or in the New Year and me, Owen and Guto have spoken about it so we'll see.

If we did we'd like them to be like old 'Faces' gigs where we'd kick footballs in the audience and the fans could proper bounce about. We'd try and do a high energy set.
I'd like them to be like the old terraces were, you know? Packed, sweaty and heaving! Like the old days.. ;)

But we'll have a look at it after the single has come out and see.
I'm having to do two films pre and post Christmas so the only trouble is time...but, you know, you can always find time cant you? And I had a great time recording the song and the lads in the band are brilliant lads so we'll see.

I've got this next few weeks cleared of any filming work so I can come on here a bit more too...it's a great board and like I just said to the wife...addictive too....!! :ayatollah:

You need to get a job :D

:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Shallow Hal wrote:How come HMV have got 2 versions of the 7" single ? One for £2.99, the other £3.99.

Anyone know what the difference is, can't see anything different in the description ?

Think I can answer my own question now, the dearer one is a picture disc apparently. They have slightly different catalogue numbers.

AJX248S - Normal 7" single - £2.99
AJX248P - 7" picture disc - £3.99

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Shallow Hal wrote:
Shallow Hal wrote:How come HMV have got 2 versions of the 7" single ? One for £2.99, the other £3.99.

Think I can answer my own question now, the dearer one is a picture disc apparently. They have slightly different catalogue numbers.

AJX248S - Normal 7" single - £2.99
AJX248P - 7" picture disc - £3.99

Good job shallow hal coz no one was going to answer you :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Kel...my job will be promoting the single and talking all things Cardiff City...tough job I know but someone's got to do it butty.. ;)

And yes...the other one is the Picture Disc....they are going quickly as there are only a few hundred made as they are expensive to do BUT they'll become a collectors item...so if you're a bit naughty you can think of it as an investement and get 'em up on ebay later...haha! But you don't hear that from me... :D

Re: Johnny Owen here...it's getting ridiculous now!!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Jonathan Owen wrote:Kel...my job will be promoting the single and talking all things Cardiff City...tough job I know but someone's got to do it butty.. ;)

And yes...the other one is the Picture Disc....they are going quickly as there are only a few hundred made as they are expensive to do BUT they'll become a collectors item...so if you're a bit naughty you can think of it as an investment and get 'em up on ebay later...haha! But you don't hear that from me... :D

Now you bloody tell me !! i have already bought mine. Bloody celebrities :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Keli wrote:Hello Mr Owen :)

This is my wife "Eliisa" singing, I would appreciate any feedback or advice :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/user/keliarceoha ... 6LwpPnhC6E

I know this is not yor type of music but....

Hi Kev, It's Jeff great to hear that Elisa is doing really well and i will look out for he on the Sky show when it's aired what date is it? For all City fans out there if you get a chance to see Elisa don't miss her because she has got a fantastic voice and catch her now because she is going to be big.

With regards the single pre ordered mine via HMV and will order another copy because my Wifes friends Grandson who is only 4 can't stop singing it so come on let's get it to to No 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 am

Just ordered mine now! Ill be there ill be there! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:31 am

Johnny

Firstly congratulations on achieve top spot.

You mentioned that you might want to look to expand the publicity more widely to the National Press this week and I believe that I maybe able to assist with this - if indeed you want my help.

Outside of my normal day job (See my Signature with Mobile Number) I work as a Sports Photographer.

I work very closely with an agency who provides sports related images to all the National Press, both UK and Overseas.

If you have a number of good images, of Fred Keenor, that you would allow me to upload I can let the agency know the story and let them do the rest.

Cheers

Paul.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:48 am

Hey Paul.

That's brilliant mate.

Do you want the single cover image?

The brilliant one of Fred with the Cup?

Any others then let me know.

PM me butty and we'll get something sorted.

Thanks again all.

Ps Nuke Blue...I thought you'd have been onto that like!!... :D

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 am

Jonny

Im driving back up to Wigan today and hoping to get back around 2or3 ish

If you want to send the single cover image (by way of a jpeg if poss), plus any other images you have, to:

sportsworldimages@gmail.com

I will get them uploaded to the agency this pm.

If you want to write an article (or email me one that has already been written) I can send this to the agency as well.

If I get them across this afternoon the agency can circulate them to the National Press this evening

Cheers

Paul.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:07 am

Fantastic Paul.

See like I keep saying....does anyone else have supporters like this?

No snidey comments from anyone, just support. All the way.

Thank you all again from all of us (me, Owen, Guto and Ryan)...it's a bit overwhelming sometimes.

(Goes off for a little weep...... :cry: )
:ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Jonny

Just letting you know that I am back in Wigan.

If you can send the images across I can get them uploaded straight away.

Cheers

Paul

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Jonny, I've put a link up on a Cardiff City Facebook page for you as well with over 4500 members :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Seen it Jon...terrific stuff mate. Thanks a million... :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm

There is such thing as the Cardiff bug, but Jonny has caught the AAMB bug now too :lol:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Fantastic news Jonny, glad it’s selling so well.

I must make sure I get my copy signed by you in the Ninian.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Jon, fair play fella you are doing a cracking job of promoting this...

fantastic cause & the perfect song to!

coupled with the fact it involves members from some of my fave bands couldnt ask for more realy!

its just good to have one of us, so to speak, who actually cares as much we do in a posistion to raise the profile of the cause and even the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks!! Like I said...it's about telling the world about our great club and it's amazing fans... ;)

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

great to see it doing so well jonny :ayatollah:
if the number one was done on plays alone you would be well clear based on the home game saturday :lol:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Good work Jonny....keep it up mate.

Just bought mine on Amazon and still at No. 1 :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" NINIAN PARK PUB FOR THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH BEFORE THE NORWICH CITY HOME GAME 30th OCT " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That coincides nicely with the first JW Bassett bus run!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Jon the page to take The Stand to no1 is up and running i see this as a chance to unite football fans of all persuasion behind a great cause to celebrate both a great man and footballer would urge people to sign up to this link and help me get the pr bandwagon rolling

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sign-up-t ... 2537057146

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Cheers Marco!! Lots of Football fans are buying it!! Keep spreading the word folks... :ayatollah: