Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE ONLY SING WHEN WE SCORE "

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 pm

IN THE CCS :cry: :cry:

EVEN BRISTOL CITY FANS LAUGHED AT US and JOKED AND SANG HOW BAD WE WERE :cry:

But I have to admit a much improved Atmosphere from the Millwall game, BUT SURELY AGAINST MILLWALL and BRISTOL C, Big Games, it should be an AMAZING ATMOSPHERE WITH 23,000 CROWDS ?

ALSO CITY SCORED 3 GOALS From 2 NIL DOWN, SO WE CANT BLAME THE PLAYERS TODAY AS THEY HAD FIGHT IN THEM.

Re: " WE ONLY SING WHEN WE SCORE "

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm

sad but true, what's the swansea game gonna be like!! we've had two big rival matches and the atmosphere was shocking!!

:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I'll say it again they have ruined it!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:51 pm

i thought the ninian was pretty quiet today.. few times canton gave it a go but was still dire tbh, if you can hear your own beer farts its too quiet

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Swansea is something else compared to Bristol/Millwall you know it. Every game its a great atmosphere vs Jacks. I thought it was loud in the Canton today. No fans in the country would sing when we were 2-0 to rivals after 8 minutes to be fair

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 pm

its not the stadium, its the fans,
same old songs, sing one song then shut up fpr the next 20

Ninian stand very quiet today. if they kept ot going for more than 10 mins then it wld lift the whole stadium

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

The Douce wrote:i thought the ninian was pretty quiet today.. few times canton gave it a go but was still dire tbh, if you can hear your own beer farts its too quiet

We tried again in the Ninian Stand, No more than 200 City Fans out of Thousands ever want to Sing :cry:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Douce wrote:i thought the ninian was pretty quiet today.. few times canton gave it a go but was still dire tbh, if you can hear your own beer farts its too quiet

We tried again in the Ninian Stand, No more than 200 City Fans out of Thousands ever want to Sing :cry:

I was one of the few that were chanting, we were having a laugh at the expense of the away fans, I thought it really picked up towards the end.

But true the fans were on chanting mostly when we scored, but to be fair we have a hell of a lot new fans who dont know the chants or songs, so give it time before it picks up. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 pm

it was poor again today, the only loud chant was second half when Cardiff City FC Echoed around all the stands. Its been said before I dont think its the stadium its the fans not making the effort, for every one trying there rows and rows of people just doing nothing :(

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:IN THE CCS :cry: :cry:

But I have to admit a much improved Atmosphere from the Millwall game, BUT SURELY AGAINST MILLWALL and BRISTOL C, Big Games, it should be an AMAZING ATMOSPHERE WITH 23,000 CROWDS ?

ALSO CITY SCORED 3 GOALS From 2 NIL DOWN, SO WE CANT PLAY THE PLAYERS TODAY AS THEY HAD FIGHT IN THEM.

Annis I think it may be where you sit - I am in 117 and it was great ( and had has been for most of the games)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm

ALSO CITY SCORED 3 GOALS From 2 NIL DOWN, SO WE CANT PLAY THE PLAYERS TODAY AS THEY HAD FIGHT IN THEM.

What absolute rubbish. The crowd were very good today. Excellent in fact, and whilst I wasn't next to the away support, I doubt very much that the Bristol 'fans' did as you say. I actually only noticed they were there on 2 occassions.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:45 pm

around 20 people in the family stand were singing but the stewards were staring across at the kids with the carry on and your out look.. untill someone who can have a word with to tg by going above wayne nash then its going to get worse

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:03 pm

it would be a lot better if people who are prepared to sing and are sitting elsewhere in the ninian stand moved seats next season and joined us in e24 (117) at least then we would have one whole block singing in there.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:04 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

What absolute rubbish. The crowd were very good today. Excellent in fact, and whilst I wasn't next to the away support, I doubt very much that the Bristol 'fans' did as you say. I actually only noticed they were there on 2 occassions.

This 'crowd' thing is becoming almost as embarassing and the one-man crusade for Warren Feeney ! :roll:

in my opinion the atmosphere was as usual shyt.i sit in the grange end and the worzels were not good but we wer very poor. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:11 pm

bristol may laugh but at least they had somebody to sing to :lol: :lol: mind you we could have had the odd is at all you take away

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Joff wrote:

Annis I think it may be where you sit - I am in 117 and it was great ( and had has been for most of the games)

i was at 117 and thought it was pretty good :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Maybe a message board group booking of season tickets would help?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:29 pm

I put the atmosphere today down to a 12 o clock kick off. It was like playing a Sunday game because of the early kick off. Some songs in the Canton did seem quiite loud at times. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Whoever sings annis will buy a pint....get your wallet out man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm in 112 and I reckon today was the best atmosphere there so far this season, bit of singing - not much but an improvement on previous games. Tickled me when a guy shouted at the linesWOMAN calling her a Lesbian and the old Gent in front of me shouted back "TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE" :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:42 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Its Funny Bristol C/Millwall and Palace Fans have Said Direct to me How Quite we are in the New Stadium.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:31 pm

We need to get our heads together in the Ninian Annis and get some song ideas out. Then we can start them off at away games first where they will catch on. Our best song is the Burkey song and we need more.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:45 pm

After the 3rd goal The family stand came to life for about 30 seconds :lol: its a shame it couldnt get going like that all the time, I think if a group all sat together in there and sang then alot of them would stand up and sing as well.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We need to get our heads together in the Ninian Annis and get some song ideas out. Then we can start them off at away games first where they will catch on. Our best song is the Burkey song and we need more.

Quite agree, We need to sort this :ayatollah:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24277 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 pm

tomCCFC wrote:After the 3rd goal The family stand came to life for about 30 seconds :lol: its a shame it couldnt get going like that all the time, I think if a group all sat together in there and sang then alot of them would stand up and sing as well.

we are near to the away section in the family stand and a few do sing but anyone under 15 get stared at by stewards or get a spoken to at half time :( i know a number of youngsters who have been threatened with eviction if they carry on singing :evil:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Sorry Annis. Missed this post earlier and asked a similar question....

Maybe I have a short memory (very common amongst City fans!! :lol: ) but I thought the majority of today's atmosphere was worse than even Millwall and only improved well into the second half....

I'm sure we, the fans, are feeling the pressure of 'expectation a little and don't understand why we don't whallop our inferior opponents into touch in every game....but it's just not going to happen, so we need to get behind the boys and sing our little hearts out!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Sorry Annis. Missed this post earlier and asked a similar question....

Maybe I have a short memory (very common amongst City fans!! :lol: ) but I thought the majority of today's atmosphere was worse than even Millwall and only improved well into the second half....

I'm sure we, the fans, are feeling the pressure of 'expectation a little and don't understand why we don't whallop our inferior opponents into touch in every game....but it's just not going to happen, so we need to get behind the boys and sing our little hearts out!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was just showing you Quite Monkfish post, he actually Sniped as well at me, but I deleted that bit :lol:
as I prefer Debates and Opinions :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:
tomCCFC wrote:After the 3rd goal The family stand came to life for about 30 seconds :lol: its a shame it couldnt get going like that all the time, I think if a group all sat together in there and sang then alot of them would stand up and sing as well.

we are near to the away section in the family stand and a few do sing but anyone under 15 get stared at by stewards or get a spoken to at half time :( i know a number of youngsters who have been threatened with eviction if they carry on singing :evil:

Pathetic..Our stewards are a joke..No wonder there is no atmposphere at our ground :evil:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Its Funny Bristol C/Millwall and Palace Fans have Said Direct to me How Quite we are in the New Stadium.

Yes and how many points did those three sides combined go home with? One!

I sit in 113, half way between the 18yd box and the halfway line. No singing is instigated in my block and as far as I'm concerned that's fine. The Canton end from where I sit, always sing and whichever song they sing can then be heard being picked up by the Ninian Stand over to the left where you men are nearest to the away fans. Very rarely from my seat does it ever go the opposite way - Canton lead, far end of the Ninian follow.

I'm not playing one off against the other. We're all City fans why would I? However, the acoustics of the stadium dictate that sound doesn't resonate throughout, when one stand sing it doesn't necessarily follow that others that want to sing elsewhere in the stadium will immediately pick up on that.

Solution? Switch the ends. Simple yes? Of course not. Did the club really want to put the Family Stand / Community seating next to the away fans? No. Did they feel they had to, to show not not the police but the footballing authorities that a new stadium meant a new image for Cardiff? Yes of course so.

If it's any consolation from my seat, apart from when they score you never hear the away fans at all. I could, hand on heart ,say that Sheff Utd, Doncaster, Hull, Millwall, Crystal Palace and Bristol City's fans have been embarrassing. Why? Haven't heard anything from them (bar celebrating a goal) but I know that's not the case, the sound doesn't travel. I'd imagine fans in the other grounds when we go away think the same (again not if you're a home fan right next to us.) I go to 10+ away games a season and I sing my heart out (as we all do) but how many times do you then see on MB's after, either on that club's or Cardiff's, saying 'Cardiff fans were shit' 'I only heard them sing one song' etc etc? Because they were elsewhere in their ground. Yet you know the whole end sang and sang and sang.

Looking back to Ninian, take solace in the fact that my season ticket was in the exact same spot as I am now in the CCS. From my old seat in the Bob Bank it gave me a wicked view of what else was going on. The kids bouncing on the Grange End (down the left against the netting) Block A of the Grandstand singing (upper & lower.) Could I hear it all? Yes but not that great. The loudest would be the singing coming from further down the Bob Bank.

Plenty do sing in the CCS (enough frankly) but it's fragmanted. Will the Club resolve it? No chance.
Are the away fans loud? Not at all. Only hear them if they score.
Do I sing at home matches? Now and again but only if it's needed or really rocking.
Do I sing away? Yes everytime and all game. Can the opposition fans hear me? I doubt it unless they're next to us.

We're unbeaten at home this season, wherever you are in the ground keep giving it some - but that's all it is. You can only do your bit.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:37 pm

I have said this before and will say it again the atmosphere is down to us fans and the problem is in the CCS that there are probably as many fans singing as there were at Ninian Park but they are spread all around the ground. The solution i think is to make Sections 117 and 116 singing sections and be a bit more tolerant about standing in these sections. :ayatollah:

I sit in 116 approx' 6 rows behind you Annis and although myself and a few around me were singing the fans behind us rarely sing so if you don't want to sing move into a more central area of the Ninian stand and move the singers into 116 and 117 this should generate a better atmosphere but i don't know how practical it would be to implement?