Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

opinions on ross and kennedy leaving?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:29 pm

ross has not started a game for leeds yet he was bench again for there last game

and kennedy is injured again for ips

me personally looks like we dodged few bullets. i did think ross would be big hit up there but ovsily he has not sorted himself out? usually we let players go and they have stormers but seems dif this time

be interested to here what all you think? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: opinions on ross and kennedy leaveing?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I think DJ was right to let them both go. Ross is a bit of a porker now and £75,000 for an ageing player, was good business in my opinion! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I believe DJ Ruined Ross's Career, Just My Opinion.
Kennedy was past his Sell by Date, excellent Sale, Just My Opinion.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Right to sell both.
Jones was right to keep Ross on the bench. Chopra was better than him and clearly Ross was not playing well or training or showing the right attitude to get the chance

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm

I think the Kennedy sale was a good bit of business and I think Naylor will prove his worth in due course.

I wish Ross' deal was only on loan to get some games because I think he would of been comfortable in the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 we could play rather than being used a winger.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Stavross wrote:I think the Kennedy sale was a good bit of business and I think Naylor will prove his worth in due course.

I wish Ross' deal was only on loan to get some games because I think he would of been comfortable in the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 we could play rather than being used a winger.

I am with you on that about Kennedy and Ross :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Stavross wrote:I think the Kennedy sale was a good bit of business and I think Naylor will prove his worth in due course.

But he would still be on the bench. For wingers we have Burke, Whitts, Bellamy, Koumas maybe, Matthews..

Re: opinions on ross and kennedy leaving?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

bet ross play against us next monday tho ...............

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:

But he would still be on the bench. For wingers we have Burke, Whitts, Bellamy, Koumas maybe, Matthews..

I think we have looked our best this season playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 without the ball. I dont think Witts fits into this, and without Chopra and Bellamy through injury, I dont think we had players that give balance to this formation and fallen back to 4-4-2. I think Ross would of provided a suitable replacement to play this way as I dont see him as a winger in a 4-4-2.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 pm

bet ross play against us next monday tho ...............

He has hardly played for them yet, so \i wll be surprised. Dont thnk we have been given the full picture with Ross, never the same player after the injury last year.
Kennedy was a shame to lose but good biz I reckon.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm

I heard ross picked up a knock for Leeds why he aint playing but the form beccio and somma are in be hard team to get into,He was allways one my most liked City player but i belive it was right to let him go :ayatollah: .

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Ross is better than Keough

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Ross is better than Keough

And I agree with that Thomas :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 pm

sorry i disagree, the only person that ruined Ross's career is Ross himself, he needs to get his head and attitude sorted or he will regret it later in life.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I have heard that the Ross deal was personal as DJ and Ross had fallen out big time and there was no changing it , otherwise a loan deal would have been much better plus he wouldnt have played against us as this could cost us with our luck

My concern is Keogh is not as good as Ross and we missed him against Palace and could have been the difference
against leicester & ipswich when Chops was missing and Bellamy

I liked Kennedy he was good for the dressing room but it was a good sale but was not happy we lost Ross at such a crap price
when only 12 months before we turned down £3million and wanted £5 Million for him and we let him go for £300 thousand to me says something was wrong there

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Ross ruined his own career in my opinion.

He may have more talent than Keogh, but I think we're well shot and Keogh can do a job when used in the right system as can all our players. DJ did good business with both of them.