Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

defense cuts announced today

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm

im not political at all and dont care who is making cuts but this from a country that seems to want to take on the world with f@ck all.the politicians should be ashamed that they put so many service men and women lives at risk but feel fit at a stroke of they mighty pen to cut billions,the should hang there heads in shame. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: defense cuts announced today

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:51 pm

You are absolutely spot on.

It is hypocracy of the highest order.

The one area that should have escaped cuts should have been defence.

Either that or get our lads home from Afghanistan.

My own son will be off back there again in April next year. He'll come back
a full Corporal and is seriously eyeing the Australian Commandos. As much
as I dont want him emigrating for selfish reasons, Id love to see him get out
of this revolting country, get paid a decent wage for his skills AND not get
sent to wars by a Government who would happily see him forced to buy his
own bullets if they thought they could get away with it.

They now are encouraged to fight using 'courageous restraint'...

Whereas before, if they saw a feller approach a checkpoint and consistently ignore
warnings to stop, they would slot the fucker. Now, they are to take into account that
the person may be deaf, blind, a halfwit. I kid you not. Dont shoot lads unless you
really really really have to. If some bloke has an AK47 and is eyeballing you, he may
not be intending to shoot you (yeh right)... if possible, hold fire hold fire, hold fire...
oops is he pointing it at you?? ok FIRE!!!

What they are really saying is. An Afghan life is worth more than a British life. Politics
comes before their Duty of Care to the soldiers and Marines.

Sorry for the rant, i expected things to change under the Tories. How f*cking naive was i?? :evil:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:03 pm

mad hay, the way things are going evryone will be on the dole, and they'll be paying more out in claims :roll:

lets stop sending 600 million or is it billion :o abroad for other countries , wtf!!! we should be looking after our own! and kick/shoot all people who shouldn't be here, ffs i could go on and on :twisted:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm

krab wrote:im not political at all and dont care who is making cuts but this from a country that seems to want to take on the world with f@ck all.the politicians should be ashamed that they put so many service men and women lives at risk but feel fit at a stroke of they mighty pen to cut billions,the should hang there heads in shame. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hopefully Hudson is going :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Terrible that people are losing jobs, but the army is hardly a good thing, considering we only ever use it to invade other countries anyway, never defend our own land from invasion

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:19 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Terrible that people are losing jobs, but the army is hardly a good thing, considering we only ever use it to invade other countries anyway, never defend our own land from invasion

NEVER DEFENDED OUR OWN LAND FROM INVASION

what do you call the falkland islands

take a history lesson before you comment on things.

and with regards to the budget cuts, though i dont like the idea of cutting our defence budget it isnt as bad as i first feared.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Terrible that people are losing jobs, but the army is hardly a good thing, considering we only ever use it to invade other countries anyway, never defend our own land from invasion

and with regards to the budget cuts, though i dont like the idea of cutting our defence budget it isnt as bad as i first feared.

The Malvinas

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Pricey wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

The Malvinas

lol ok ill give you that but whatever you choose to call them the falkland islands are still british held territory and they have been invaded

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:46 pm

what i am saying is our frontline personnel will go without,remember sharing bullet proof vests,its just mad that we ask our armed forces to operate with so little resources :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:53 pm

krab wrote:what i am saying is our frontline personnel will go without,remember sharing bullet proof vests,its just mad that we ask our armed forces to operate with so little resources :ayatollah:

well they wont have that problem anymore instead of buying new equipment they are putting more people in the dole i wonder what will be more costly in the long run. I never agree with personnel cuts, whats the point in building two aircraft carriers (which we do need) if we havent got the sailors to operate them, same with fighter jets with no pilots, tanks with no tank crews.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
krab wrote:what i am saying is our frontline personnel will go without,remember sharing bullet proof vests,its just mad that we ask our armed forces to operate with so little resources :ayatollah:

well they wont have that problem anymore instead of buying new equipment they are putting more people in the dole i wonder what will be more costly in the long run. I never agree with personnel cuts, whats the point in building two aircraft carriers (which we do need) if we havent got the sailors to operate them, same with fighter jets with no pilots, tanks with no tank crews.

:ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 pm

When we have our soldiers in a terrible war and getting killed every week I think the timing to make cuts are shameful.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Top posts there lads.
Fighting a losing war which is pointless, Our men and women dying and they cut the defences. Truly shocking
Hope they get out soon.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 pm

[The Malvinas[/quote]

lol ok ill give you that but whatever you choose to call them the falkland islands are still british held territory and they have been invaded[/quote]

Its now worth keeping now that theres a chance of oil to be had.The islanders were'nt the most grateful people when we cleared out the Argies out

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 pm

The reason I didnt vote for this government.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:40 pm

This is bad news altogether we should break the bank in an effort to get a decent center back :old:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:43 pm

An absolute disgrace these politicians should hang there heads in disgrace. Taffyapple it must be hard watching your boy in the army with those halfwits running it.
But if the Argies invade the Falklands again then we could do feck all about it and its a disgrace on those who lost there lives in the Falklands war, or injured or even took part.
We are still willing to pay for terrorists to come into this country and claim benefits, or even thousands of immigrants.
But we shit on our armed forces to pay for it Cameron hang your head in shame as if Brown had done that you would be screaming blue murder you hypocritical oaf.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

What makes me laugh (or cry) is the fact that only a few short months ago David Cameron was slaughtering the government over the quality of a soldiers kit bag. Basically this woman was whinging that she had to give money to her son to buy the "more upmarket" kit. What that means is the troops get the standard issue but a lot of them like to upgrade to the more fancy bit of kit. Cameron jumped right in shooting about how it was a desgrace that soldiers had to put their hands in their own pockets.
Oh well, now that woman has voted for Tory boy Cameron then at least the problem of paying for special kit has been solved. Her son doesn't need any kit at all now down at the job centre.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 am

When I saw the headline I thought City were going to get rid of some of our defenders