Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale - looks like harry was right to say NO.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Spurs were offered 18 million for Bale last summer when Mourinho was in charge of Inter Milan.

that then went up to 25 million and around 70k a week,

Redknapp said no, i think Bale may have added a few million with tonights performance.

Bale is also the quickest member of the spurs squad, and had the highest on there stamina tests pre season.

dont be suprised if bale's next club is Real Madrid or wherever Mourinho is.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Gareth Bale - looks like harry was right to say NO.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 pm

and Harry didnt even rate him a couple of seasons ago with Ekotto ahead of him.

Forest were even looking at him he was so out of favour
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:and Harry didnt even rate him a couple of seasons ago with Ekotto ahead of him.

Forest were even looking at him he was so out of favour
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

he was as good as signed in the summer and harry said no, good choice harry.
spurs had some sort of streek of not winning when bale played something stupid like 20 games :o

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 pm

yeah after he was forced to play Bale when Ekotto went to the cup of nations and realised how good he was.

Stats can say anything, was he at fault for any goals? how many other players played in those games? He has been playing very well for wales for years.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:yeah after he was forced to play Bale when Ekotto went to the cup of nations and realised how good he was.

Stats can say anything, was he at fault for any goals? how many other players played in those games? He has been playing very well for wales for years.

sadly hes the ony one though :lol:

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 pm

thats no fair I remember Ramsey has one good game as well :lol:

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 am

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:yeah after he was forced to play Bale when Ekotto went to the cup of nations and realised how good he was.

sadly hes the ony one though :lol:

Bale, Ramsey, Collison, Vokes, Evans. I think Wales' future is quite bright. Hope so anyway.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:17 am

milly44 wrote:Spurs were offered 18 million for Bale last summer when Mourinho was in charge of Inter Milan.

Redknapp said no, i think Bale may have added a few million with tonights performance.

Bale is also the quickest member of the spurs squad, and had the highest on there stamina tests pre season.

he is by far wales' best player at the moment but i thought Aaron lennon would be the quickest at spurs :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 am

milly44 wrote:Spurs were offered 18 million for Bale last summer when Mourinho was in charge of Inter Milan.

could be closer to home,he was told not to go last season as mourinho was leaving :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Luke you love reminding everyone about the Bale/Ekotto scenario!!!! Absolutely spot on though!

I think Bale is probably faster over distance than lennon, say 100m but lennon clearly better acceleration??

He is outstanding though and Wales need to utilise both rambo and him to full effectiveness if we;re not to be embarassed by our neighbours in march!!!