Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THANK GOD FOR THE CUTS

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 am

With all these people made unemployed at least there'll be plenty of people willing to do a hobble, they may even undercut the prices the Poles are chatging. :roll:

Re: THANK GOD FOR THE CUTS

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 am

thats a point ............... I wonder how the Polish news is relaying the devasting " British " job cuts to the people of Warsaw ? Will they be protesting in the streets too ?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:06 am

Seriously, not against the Government cutting down on scroungers and layabouts, But there are a lot of people genuinely to ill to work, but it does seem that the money this will save is minuscule when you look at what waste occurs at the highest level in the civil service and banking etc.

But also whilst I'm a big supporter of the armed forces, I do question how much we spend on nuclear missiles and Trident etc. also can we afford to spend so much getting involved in other countries problems. How much is Iraq or Afghanistan costing countries such as Australia, Japan, France, Italy etc, why do we always seem to be at the front line.

It's about time we put our country first, we ain't over seeing the Empire or the Common wealth now, how many of those countries would be queuing up to help us if things changed.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 am

BigGwynram wrote:Seriously, not against the Government cutting down on scroungers and layabouts, But there are a lot of people genuinely to ill to work, but it does seem that the money this will save is minuscule when you look at what waste occurs at the highest level in the civil service and banking etc.

But also whilst I'm a big supporter of the armed forces, I do question how much we spend on nuclear missiles and Trident etc. also can we afford to spend so much getting involved in other countries problems. How much is Iraq or Afghanistan costing countries such as Australia, Japan, France, Italy etc, why do we always seem to be at the front line.

It's about time we put our country first, we ain't over seeing the Empire or the Common wealth now, how many of those countries would be queuing up to help us if things changed.

amazing gwyn
lots of british companies have laid off british workers and transferred their jobs to indian call centres. the indians are buying up some of our bigger companies and we still give them 300 million a year in aid :twisted:

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 am

Those at the top always look after themselves when it comes to redundancies unfortunately whilst those on the shop floor who actually do the work get told their services are no longer required .............. and if all MP's took a 10% pay cut then that would go a long way to reducing the defecit too Im sure ? By all I mean all ............ both sides of the Commons .

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 am

all knobs, none have worked, none have had to scrape money together for things, yet they bleed money into thier banks, all the goverment people aint got a clue, they think they do but far from it! SHOOT THE LOT!

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am

Why should people who have worked their bollocks off all their lives and never asked for a penny now have to work untill 66 to get their pension, yet we are funding a Nuclear Power who have taken thousands of British Jobs over the years (India).

My Mum and Dad, worked for everything they have, to pay for their own home, raise a family. Now my Mum will have to work till 66 to get her pension. How much further is this going to creep up to when our children are pensioners, 68, 70, 72, 75, there will be no point in a pension.

Yet we can still pump bottomles pits of money to other countires whilst our own country is getting worse. Im all for helping those less fortunate, but for how long are we going to pump our money to foreign countries and not see them progress.

Over the last 5 years Britain gave Singapore £8.7 Million in development Aid. Singapores Gross Domestic Product per Capita is the fourth highest in the world and 46% higher than ours. We also gave Aid to Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Malta.

We also gave Saudi Arabia £380,000 in aid for some reason.

Last year Britain gave China £40.2 mIllion.

What is also crazy is that India is now so prosperous that it has started its own overseas aid programme!!! Unbelievable!

In 2008 Gordan Brown announced a new plan to give India £825 million over three years, yet it was estimated that India spent
£1.6 BILLION to host the Commonwealth Games and £3 Billion bringing New Dehli's infrastructure ready for it.

How can this be right?