Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/ T If YOU WERE THE CHANCELLOR

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm

What changes would you bring in to lower the current UK debt ?

I would limit child benefit payments to the first two children only ( cue abuse)

Re: O/ T If YOU WERE THE CHANCELLOR

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:19 pm

i would train up people on benefits with trades and skills so that when the current foreign work force's Visa are up they can replace them with british workers and ship out the forigners,we need to look after number 1 because we have a entire generation of scroungers and unskilled school leavers.

When that is acheived there will be money circulating back into this country and not abroad to the forigners familys where its worth more.cant blame them for doing it to be honest but we need to put a stop to it.

thats my only input im gna put atm because i could go on forever :D

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 pm

I WOULD PUT THE UK FIRST, Stop money for Over Seas and Stop Money for Anybody coming here FULL STOP.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Joff wrote:What changes would you bring in to lower the current UK debt ?

I would limit child benefit payments to the first two children only ( cue abuse)

I would limit it to 1 child and that stops at age 16 ........... plus ALL jobs to go to UK citizens before our continental friends get considered . No benefits for non UK citizens and make them pay for NHS treatment ! Winter fuel allowance is just stupid as is the free bus passes for over 60's all of which comes out of the taxpayers pockets , I know plenty of over 60's who are working still and very well off who dont need these handouts but still get them handed on a plate !

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Joff wrote:What changes would you bring in to lower the current UK debt ?

I would limit it to 1 child and that stops at age 16 ........... plus ALL jobs to go to UK citizens before our continental friends get considered . No benefits for non UK citizens and make them pay for NHS treatment ! Winter fuel allowance is just stupid as is the free bus passes for over 60's all of which comes out of the taxpayers pockets , I know plenty of over 60's who are working still and very well off who dont need these handouts but still get them handed on a plate !

Would you give winter payments at all? There are many old people who need it massively. Old people were dying every year as they couldn't afford to heat their houses. I would happily pay extra on my income tax to ensure the old are looked after.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Firstly I would cut oversea aid before I made any cuts in the UK. Look after your own first, then look at the rest of the world. Not the other way round.

I would reintroduce the policy of full-employment. Successive governments, both Labour and Tory, had a policy of full employment up until Thatcher scrapped it. Put simply, it's no good complaining about people on benefits if you don't have the jobs out there for them.

I would impose a import tax on oversea manufactured goods so that it would be more expensive for the likes of M&S etc to have their stuff made in foreign countries by child slave labour. They would then have to return to manufacturing in this country, thus providing jobs and getting a far better quality product. I can never understand how we can be a profitable country when we import everything and export nothing. Surely this drains money out rather than bring it in. Overseas call centres would also be outlawed, not just because of the jobs issue but mainly because they are crap. They don't work, people hate them, people want to speak to someone in the UK, live with it.

I would scrap the UK's green policy and tell the likes of America and China the UK's pollution is just a small squeaky fart compared to the oceans of crap you are putting out there. Sod leading by example. If the UK shut down completely then it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the world. When the big boys start sorting their act out then we'll get back on board. Until then we are not getting mugged off anymore.

With regards to winter payments. Most of the pensioners I know use the money for something other than paying for heating. Saying that there are much bigger fish to fry than picking at those penny's.

With regards to child benefit (family allowance) I'd scrap all of it simply because if you are rich you don't need it and if you are poor you get other child benefits anyway. It really is an unnecessary benefit. I would take that money and pay it into a fund that paid for university for the kids as well as providing apprenticeships for those who don't want academic training but choose to go in to things like building or plumbing etc.

Regarding the armed forces. If you don't go in to university or are not on a full time apprenticeship then off to the Army you go. Sorry but you won't be able to stand around street corners drinking cheap cider and generally being a pain in the arse. A few years in the Army will sort you out. It's a shame the pits are not open anymore because when they were if you had no other job to go to then you were sent down the pit. After a shift down there you came home and went to bed, you were too tired to go out being a pain in your local community.

One minor point. I would insist that people who buy posh boats etc pay a rescue insurance. That money would go direct to the Lifeboat people. Why should they struggle for funding as a charity? They spend most of their time rescuing daft people who don't know what they are doing out at sea so make them pay a reasonable amount of insurance. If you don't have insurance and you do need a lifeboat then you get billed later for the trouble. A similar scheme could be introduced with stupid people who climb up mountains and then need rescuing.

Finally with regards to our government. Like a bad football manager I'd sack the lot of them. Compared to some other European countries we are not even making it past the group stages. Get rid of our useless Labour, Tory and Lib government and instead we could choose the government of which ever other Euro country was doing okay. That way if lets say France was doing really well, we could have their government. Then when they start falling away we could look about and choose another countries lot to take control. That way we'd always to top of the league in Europe, plus we'd save a fortune on greedy Brit MP's. Sounds mental? Well when you think about it Europe runs a lot of our affairs anyway so it would be just that extra step. Anyway I think it's just a matter of time before we are completely run by Europe.

Just a few things off the cuff like. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Top Post Berwyn, agree totally :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: