Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whats the point of the English Royal family?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Never mind S4C, these parasites are the ones who bleed our pay packets dry...........nothing whatsoever to do with Wales and Welsh people but we have to fund their lifestyle and completely irrelevant jollies!!!!! :evil:

Re: Whats the point of the English Royal family?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Never mind S4C, these parasites are the ones who bleed our pay packets dry...........nothing whatsoever to do with Wales and Welsh people but we have to fund their lifestyle and completely irrelevant jollies!!!!! :evil:

I don't hold any truck with the royal family either, but I do believe, much like Bellamy for Cardiff, that they bring in much more money through tourism and they get given by the government.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:39 pm

So people come to Wales because of the English-German royals!!??

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 pm

there is no point to them at all fact they well out of the times. not in touch with the modern man/woman only person good enough in the royal family for me past and current is princess diana and prince harry.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I have no problem with the Royal Family. I see them as English royalty and
not Welsh, so dont ever give them a second thought.

I agree we shouldnt be funding them, but at the same time, English people
could complain about their taxes contributing to the Welsh economy. Swings
and roundabouts.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:46 pm

if they do bring in more money than they take then as a tourist attraction that's fine by me

but the whole idea of a monarchy and so on is very outdated

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Never mind S4C, these parasites are the ones who bleed our pay packets dry...........nothing whatsoever to do with Wales and Welsh people but we have to fund their lifestyle and completely irrelevant jollies!!!!! :evil:

We had a similar 'debate' to this recently and I ask the same two questions:

1: Would YOU want to walk in their shoes for a few miles? I know I wouldn't, as it is the most intrusive job in the world!!

2: Why are we debating the Royal Family on a football site?? Did Charles ever play for Windsor & Eton then??

Thought not....

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 am

Fooball / Royalty connection my game plan !

Liz to hang up her boots

Charlie on for the first half

Willy to come on for the second half and take on the captains arm band with his new wife. Then get stuck in and earn back the respect. With Harry in toe with his gearge best / paul gasgoine booze antics for the lads.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Make a good xmas special, with JIm, Barb, Dave and Denise ! Thats the point !