Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Double dip recession? Your views?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:13 am

Just wanted to know what everyone's views were on the liklihood of us going into a double dip recession.

Personally, with the current government cutting huge amounts of public sector jobs, an increase of VAT, and a decrease of funding, I think we're going to be hitting the double dip recession that this government so badly needs to avoid.

The whole point of making these cuts was to avoid this, but I think it's sealed out fate.

Discuss.

Re: Double dip recession? Your views?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 am

Unfortunately, I think you could be right. :(

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 am

Interest rates were slashed and quantative easing took place to try and gets banks lending and people spending again. Making cuts left right and centre is going to have the opposite effect.

It's inevitable imo.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:30 am

without a doubt double dip and probably worse a full blown depression and all deliberately manufactured by your friendly government. Many of you who voted Tory or Liberal will pay the price with your jobs. God help you if you are in need of medical help, police help, fire service, ambulance, refuse collection or any other part of the public sector because any quality that was left there will diminish rapidly. Oh and if you think there will be much of a safety net there for you if you lose your job - forget it their taking that away as well. Oh and when all these poor people put on the scrapheap are skint and unable to spend money they havent got many of you in the private sector will start to lose your jobs so the benefits bill will get even larger and unsustainable. So what happens next? back to the dark old days of food stamps and ration books and don't think it can't happen because it can for if we go past a double dip and into a depression it will be like nothing ever seen in anybodys lifetime on here or anywhere else. Don't be disabled because they wont help you much either oh but if your an illegal immigrant or villain happy days because immigration dept, customs and exise policde, the courts prison service are losing loadsa jobs as well. Be happy you got what you voted for :lol: :lol: :lol: