Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd, cause for concern against the jacks

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 am

Bothroyd Faces Wait Over Swansea Clash
Cardiff City`s in-form striker Jay Bothroyd is raring to go after his cut foot that required medical attention at half-time, but that did not prevent him making a goalscoring return to Coventry City as the skilful frontman notched his 9th goal of the season with a late strike.

Bothroyd will again lead the line on Monday, when Cardiff travel to Championship returnees Leeds United, but while fans will be anxious to pick up points against one of our more distant rival clubs, there`s no doubt that a more worrisome scenario looms on the horizon with Bothroyd walking a disciplinary tightrope ahead of the hotly anticipated Swansea City clash on November 7th.

While scoring goals for fun, Bothroyd has also collected 4 yellow cards this term. His last (against Bristol City) was somewhat unfortunate and brandished by an erratic and somewhat baffling referee (he was hopeless in respect of both teams!). However, previous cards have been completely avoidable and have caused concern for the Bluebirds.

Having avoided a caution against the Sky Blues, Bothroyd faces Leeds United and Norwich City before the Swans make the short trip down the M4 to visit CCS. I think every Cardiff City fan would want Jay Bothroyd lining up to spearhead the Bluebirds attack that day. We showed we can cope without Chopra and Bellamy this season, but losing Jay is a different consideration - and altogether more problematic scenario.

If Bothroyd is booked against Leeds he missed the Norwich clash. If at Norwich he will miss the derby. Some fans would 'encourage` Jay to collect a booking, miss Norwich and return fresh for the Swans clash. That wont happen, but if he negotiates the trip to Elland Road without disciplinary problems - we face an anxious wait to see his availability to face Swansea City.

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z135EA6N6T

Do you want him booked at Leeds? The chances are, he will get booked at either Leeds or Norwich.

What you reckon?

Re: Jay Bothroyd, cause for concern against the jacks

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am

I think I would rather him miss Norwich than the Jacks.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 am

I'd rather him get booked at Leeds. He's a vital player.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:19 am

i reckon he would rather play the jacks also, dont be surprised if in the last 5mins against leeds he starts mouthing :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:27 am

Do you think he will be "encouraged" to get a caution at Leeds? Such a cenario has happened before. Alternativly, he could be rested for the Leeds & Norwich games.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 am

Lets hope he keeps his mouth shut and plays in ALL the games.

Is it too much to ask a grown man to keep his mouth shut? Almost all of his bookings are avoidable and result from petulant behaviour. It is possible to be a good striker and not get booked consistently.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am

bluebird58 wrote:Lets hope he keeps his mouth shut and plays in ALL the games.

Is it too much to ask a grown man to keep his mouth shut? Almost all of his bookings are avoidable and result from petulant behaviour. It is possible to be a good striker and not get booked consistently.

ye hope so to
easier said than done for jay though...
hopefully he shuts up then he can get his booking against the jacks