Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would we be as big as Sunderland if we made the Prem.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 pm

When we were crap I used to think if we made the Prem we would be as big as Newcastle.

Now we have climbed the leagues it is obvious it takes time to build up your hard core support. I think if we are in the Prem next year we will be a similar size club to Sunderland at best.

I also think we would have to stay in the top flight for at least 10 years to get anywhere near Newcastle.

Re: Would we be as big as Sunderland if we made the Prem.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Bigger I reckon. We will over take Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham, Blackpool :lol: , West Brom, Wolves and Stoke.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

On par with Sunderland if Our Ground was bigger of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Bigger I reckon. We will over take Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham, Blackpool :lol: , West Brom, Wolves and Stoke.

Agree with you there Bakedalaska

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:31 pm

On par but given time of course we can be bigger as long as TG and VT do right by the fans.

One of very few things PR did that I think can have a positive impact on us is the 5 year price freeze, I think most fans who have it feel comfortable they can support us now for that period come rain or shine and after 5 years you aint going to turn your back on this great club.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:33 pm

I think we could be as abig as Sunderland.

In terms of support, we're very alike - passionate, vocal and in the main loyal(the diehards). Our numbers are rising, no reason why that would stop if we can get up and stay up.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Bigger I reckon. We will over take Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham, Blackpool :lol: , West Brom, Wolves and Stoke.

i think we could match bolton west brom and wolves at best
as much as i hate to say it rugger has dug it claws so deep in south wales life that it will affect our following even if we were in prem 10 years

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:38 pm

BIGGER THAN BARCELONA - :D :oops: :oops: :D

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:00 pm

In the states they're obsessed with media markets when it comes to describing the potential of various sports teams.

The theory goes that the bigger the media market (the number of people in that team's catchment area that it can sell itself too and, crucially, the size of the market it can sell to potential advertisers), the bigger the team's potential.

The cleveland browns for example, can only sell to a max of about a million people, whereas the eagles can sell to about 4 million.

If you count the valleys, port talbot, bridgend etc, how big is our potential market? Bigger than sunderland's? Has to be, I'd say.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:20 pm

I thought you lot were bigger than Barcelona,
But on a more seious note -Wigan more like.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 pm

colours wrote:I thought you lot were bigger than Barcelona,
But on a more seious note -Wigan more like.

Been smoking bongs again?