Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales Cardiff on the world Stage ?

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:35 pm

With Cardiff fighting for promotion to the prem, and The Swans also in the top 5, a new but very old song about to take off ( we all Pray). Wales could be on the world stage yet again, this is nothing new. As Wales has been in the worlds eye many times. So why is this new then ? Well its not new, BUT It could be the biggest. If Cardiff City or The Swans goes up or BOTH. Country's all over the world will see and hear about Wales week in and week out, as football fans all over the world watch the prem. They will hear the songs, see the teams, and in the build up to the match on Tv , see some parts of the City's. All this is long over due. As there are still many countrys, and there people that think Wales is just a small town in ( I hate to use this word) But England.

I once ask some people who were going into Museum from the good old US of A , What have you seen of Wales? They said mmm well just your castle and some old houses. I ask them ,have you been to see where our princess was Killed and his grave.? They look at me and said NO NO ! You don't mean Charles is dead?. Of course I mean Llywelyn AP Gruffydd, I smiled and told them a little about LLywelyn and Wales,I had a problem then to try to get away from them. But it just goes to show that its time the world knows about Cardiff and the whole of Wales,and our two top football teams with there songs can and will play there part. But here is something to think about. Of all the Statues we have in and around Cardiff the capital of Wales, We don't have one of our own Welsh Princes out side for the Welsh public or visitors to see. Its put out of sight inside The City Hall. WHY?
Cardiff City wants to have a statue of Fred Keenor outside the ground. The guy that took us to the FA CUP and won it !, and so they should, as a City fan I think thats great. But would it not also be great to see a statue of own prince Llywelyn AP Gruffydd (who gave his life for Wales) outside for all to see?

Re: Wales Cardiff on the world Stage ?

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:42 pm

I should make one thing clear ,when I say ouside I dont mean outside the City ground. I mean a place in the City Center.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Very true and if you consider other huge sporting events like the Ryder Cup, I think Wales will be one of Europe's leading capital cities in the next ten years or so :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:01 pm

I was in Jamaica during the Golf and in the pool or beach whatever the Americans would talk and say where are you from etc. So refreshing to hear them know what Wales is and to have so many good comments about how nice it is. And the coverage Blackpool get on American TV is quite staggering really so when it happens to us and Swansea then it can only mean good things to Wales

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Blackpool ????

Where is that ???? :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am

Yes Its true Wales is getting known more and more around the world. That place called england, will no longer be able to kick Welsh people from there homes and farm lands, and flood a whole village ( Capel Celyn Tryweryn Valley ) like they did back in the 60s. Our Wales have sufferd much over the years and this song ILL BE THERE was sung by Welsh miners who was on strike longer than any other miners and this Song should be sung with pride every time Cardiff City fans sing There is another song which when sung never fails to put pride into the heart and soul. here is a link to it, the corus is Amazing words, this would also be Amazing for Cardiff City to sing, here is the link it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-tPiRlsw08 : ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Yes Its true Wales is getting known more and more around the world. That place called england, will no longer be able to kick Welsh people from there homes and farm lands, and flood a whole village ( Capel Celyn Tryweryn Valley ) like they did back in the 60s. Our Wales have sufferd much over the years and this song ILL BE THERE was sung by Welsh miners who was on strike longer than any other miners and this Song should be sung with pride every time Cardiff City fans sing There is another song which when sung never fails to put pride into the heart and soul. here is a link to it, the corus is Amazing words, this would also be Amazing for Cardiff City to sing, here is the link it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-tPiRlsw08 : ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thats a great idea a reaally good anthem in my opinion

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am

Here is another link to that song, its by the guy who made it Daffydd Iwan , The words YmA O HYD means STILL HERE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooUv0Qt ... re=related Cardiff CITY FOR THE PREM :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 am

King Henry II., in reply to the inquiries of Emanuel, Emperor of Constantinople, concerning the situation, nature, and striking peculiarities of the British island, mentioned the following…….

“That in a certain part of the island there was a people, called Welsh, so bold and ferocious that, when unarmed, they did not fear to encounter an armed force; being ready to shed their blood in defence of their country, and to sacrifice their lives for renown.

It is remarkable that this people, though unarmed, dares attack an armed foe; the infantry defy the cavalry, and by their activity and courage generally prove victors.

They anxiously study the defence of their country and their liberty; for these they fight, for these they undergo hardships, and for these willingly sacrifice their lives; they esteem it a disgrace to die in bed, an honour to die in the field of battle.”

Excerts from a book called The Journey through Wales and The Description of Wales.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:58 pm

This a Link to a youtube link see the Drowning of a Welsh Village by the english http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUF69rHAow

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 pm

what a song. gave me goosbumps

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:20 pm

always used to play it at our old lady the ninian park as the crowds were walking out. :( :( :(

on a note the ridmister's nan is from taffs well see im now and again in the village :ayatollah:

fantastic song gets your welsh blood flowing

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 pm

IM GONNA HAVE TO TAKE A CHILL PILL IM GETTING TO WOUND UP :shock:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:I was in Jamaica during the Golf and in the pool or beach whatever the Americans would talk and say where are you from etc. So refreshing to hear them know what Wales is and to have so many good comments about how nice it is. And the coverage Blackpool get on American TV is quite staggering really so when it happens to us and Swansea then it can only mean good things to Wales

Thats great to hear!

City reaching the premier league would be absolutely huge for Cardiff and our nation. Bellamy knows this and this is why he's here, lot of respect for Bellers (hes our chopsy fooker now!!). We'll take our passion and up our game tenfold! I don't think you can quantify what it means. You know if Middlesborough go up, so what theres 3 - 4 teams near by who are already there and they're all the same nation. It means a lot to the fans obviously, however compare that to if Cardiff went up!!! Words cannot do it justice! We'd be there to prove a point, the competiveness and rivalry would be intensified and with a V. Tans backing and the supporters we would draw, could rival the top 4 in years to come and sustain top flight football thats the dream, and this time it seems realistic. WE'RE COMING TO GET YA PREMIER LEAGUE! RISE OF THE WELSH ARMY!

Then we'd be on the world stage, I knew I was linking the above to something!!! Game on!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

I my self use to live in TAFFS WELL at No2 Leon Ave I love that village :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cardiff City is now like a Phoenix that is Starting to rise from the ashes, Fe godwn ni eto! We Shall Rise Again