Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Monday night LEEDS update by a Leeds Fan

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Looking forward to the game but gutted it's a Monday night and not a Saturday 3pm ko. The OB and Sky are killing our season with the kick off times - bar Boro away which was madness - 5.20pm kick off and 5,000 Leeds !! I see you have sold about 1,000 tickets which for a Sky game at our prices is good going to say the least - especially with the restrictions. You will be in the corner as usual - probably the upper only. The family stand is to your right and 2 sections are shut, the South Stand behind the goal is the same. Atmosphere should be decent but not great because the Gelderd ( Kop) and the South Stand are just too far apart from the away end. For any of you who have not been to Leeds -the coach park is 150 yards from the ground. You will have a load of young kids welcoming you and that will be it. The OB for some reason let Sheff United out at the end of the game and it went off. Somehow I can't see you been out until 10.15 at the earliest !! The crowd will be about 21,000 which is poor - but Leeds fans will not pay £30 for a game on Sky - it's a rip off. The team ? Very difficult to say which one will turn up - we got totally outplayed by Leicester last home game, conceded 5 v Barnsley, 6 v Preston. At the same time if we play to our potential we can give anyone a game. Our defence worries me in a big way - we look like we will concede everytime a team attacks. Could have come on here giving it the big un - but I'm no cyber warrior !! Hope you have a good trip up and a not so good one back. Cheers

Re: Monday night

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Very similar to CCS where the singing stand is on the other end to the away fans. Same to you. Good luck but not too much :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:02 pm

nice one and welcome to the board,

yeh were happy with the crowd were bringing considering as you say all the negetives (price, day, time, tv)

but you can be assured we will sound bigger in number, we always seem to away, apart from wembley playoffs :(

yeh were all a bit worried about our back line too so it may come down to which set of strikers have put their scoring boots on

see you monday :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Cheers for the update, Cant wait, (been to your ground about 20 odd times, 3 with Cardiff), Theres usually always a Good atmosphere there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Monday night LEEDS update by a Leeds Fan

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Only my second time but cant wait for this one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 pm

It's nothing like the 80s - but where is these days. I'm looking forward to our visit in January. We have restrictions with membership and all that but I imagine we will sell our allocation. At least we have one thing in common - neither us are big fans of a certain Peter Ridsdale. How he got another job in football after Leeds I'll never know !!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Leedsfc wrote:It's nothing like the 80s - but where is these days. I'm looking forward to our visit in January. We have restrictions with membership and all that but I imagine we will sell our allocation. At least we have one thing in common - neither us are big fans of a certain Peter Ridsdale. How he got another job in football after Leeds I'll never know !!

:lol:

Thats for certain regarding the Riddler, Yes the 80's were Awsome at your place a bit like Ninian Park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I went to Ninian in the 80s for a night game and it was evil to say the least. I was there for the FA Cup game too - went on the train that day. I made about a tenner in the ground with the coins thrown at us - £1.00 one's too at that !!!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Leedsfc wrote:I went to Ninian in the 80s for a night game and it was evil to say the least. I was there for the FA Cup game too - went on the train that day. I made about a tenner in the ground with the coins thrown at us - £1.00 one's too at that !!!

:lol: :lol:

I rem both matches, One of My Best Mates is a Leeds Fan, Muffy(Nicky Muff), a Bradford White, He use to go every where with Leeds in the 80's. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leedsfc wrote:I went to Ninian in the 80s for a night game and it was evil to say the least. I was there for the FA Cup game too - went on the train that day. I made about a tenner in the ground with the coins thrown at us - £1.00 one's too at that !!!

I rem both matches, One of My Best Mates is a Leeds Fan, Muffy(Nicky Muff), a Bradford White, He use to go every where with Leeds in the 80's. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't know him to be honest - I'm based in Leeds and know most of the old lads from down the years. A lot still go to games and when Leeds turnout it's huge. I saw Cardiff at Spurs in the cup the other year - I was working in London. Impressive to say the least that night.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Cant wait.

Never been to Leeds. Should be a good trip.

How has McCORMACK DONE UP THERE? :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:57 pm

chippy909 wrote:Cant wait.

Not been given much game to be honest - he looks a good player but unfit. He seems the type who comes alive in the box - i might be wrong ? We av a player called Somma up front who looks the part. Defence scares me to death - it could be something like 5-4 cos I hear your defence ain't great ? !!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:07 am

McCormac = Unfit!!

My opinion anyway (amongst other things ;) )

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 am

Leedsfc wrote:

Not been given much game to be honest - he looks a good player but unfit. He seems the type who comes alive in the box - i might be wrong ? We av a player called Somma up front who looks the part. Defence scares me to death - it could be something like 5-4 cos I hear your defence ain't great ? !!

Welcome to the Mb. Are you a Welsh Leeds fan or are a Yorkshire Leeds fan.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 am

i know quite a few leeds fans all by first name only unfortunatly, work circle, they all work for moores over in wetherby.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:34 am

Magners wrote:
Leedsfc wrote:

Born and bred in Leeds - 2 miles from the ground !!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 am

Leedsfc wrote:
Magners wrote:
Leedsfc wrote:

Born and bred in Leeds - 2 miles from the ground !!

I love the fact that fans from different clubs are welcomed to this message board!

We look forward to playing you on Monday :D

(Some don't seem to appreciate it though!)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 am

Leedsfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Don't know him to be honest - I'm based in Leeds and know most of the old lads from down the years. A lot still go to games and when Leeds turnout it's huge. I saw Cardiff at Spurs in the cup the other year - I was working in London. Impressive to say the least that night.

Ha ha it was a Mad night :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:14 am

First time to Leeds, looking forward to it. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:35 am

ackers1927 wrote:First time to Leeds, looking forward to it. :ayatollah:

me 2 should be a good match :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:35 am

Leedsfc wrote:Looking forward to the game but gutted it's a Monday night and not a Saturday 3pm ko. The OB and Sky are killing our season with the kick off times - bar Boro away which was madness - 5.20pm kick off and 5,000 Leeds !! I see you have sold about 1,000 tickets which for a Sky game at our prices is good going to say the least - especially with the restrictions. You will be in the corner as usual - probably the upper only. The family stand is to your right and 2 sections are shut, the South Stand behind the goal is the same. Atmosphere should be decent but not great because the Gelderd ( Kop) and the South Stand are just too far apart from the away end. For any of you who have not been to Leeds -the coach park is 150 yards from the ground. You will have a load of young kids welcoming you and that will be it. The OB for some reason let Sheff United out at the end of the game and it went off. Somehow I can't see you been out until 10.15 at the earliest !! The crowd will be about 21,000 which is poor - but Leeds fans will not pay £30 for a game on Sky - it's a rip off. The team ? Very difficult to say which one will turn up - we got totally outplayed by Leicester last home game, conceded 5 v Barnsley, 6 v Preston. At the same time if we play to our potential we can give anyone a game. Our defence worries me in a big way - we look like we will concede everytime a team attacks. Could have come on here giving it the big un - but I'm no cyber warrior !! Hope you have a good trip up and a not so good one back. Cheers

welcome to the site my fellow leeds fan great bit of info it's what FOOTY forums is all about..MOT .....

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 am

andy 189 wrote:
Leedsfc wrote:Looking forward to the game but gutted it's a Monday night and not a Saturday 3pm ko. The OB and Sky are killing our season with the kick off times - bar Boro away which was madness - 5.20pm kick off and 5,000 Leeds !! I see you have sold about 1,000 tickets which for a Sky game at our prices is good going to say the least - especially with the restrictions. You will be in the corner as usual - probably the upper only. The family stand is to your right and 2 sections are shut, the South Stand behind the goal is the same. Atmosphere should be decent but not great because the Gelderd ( Kop) and the South Stand are just too far apart from the away end. For any of you who have not been to Leeds -the coach park is 150 yards from the ground. You will have a load of young kids welcoming you and that will be it. The OB for some reason let Sheff United out at the end of the game and it went off. Somehow I can't see you been out until 10.15 at the earliest !! The crowd will be about 21,000 which is poor - but Leeds fans will not pay £30 for a game on Sky - it's a rip off. The team ? Very difficult to say which one will turn up - we got totally outplayed by Leicester last home game, conceded 5 v Barnsley, 6 v Preston. At the same time if we play to our potential we can give anyone a game. Our defence worries me in a big way - we look like we will concede everytime a team attacks. Could have come on here giving it the big un - but I'm no cyber warrior !! Hope you have a good trip up and a not so good one back. Cheers

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We will be Out numbered soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

welcome to the site my fellow leeds fan great bit of info it's what FOOTY forums is all about..MOT .....

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:53 am

First trip to Leeds and can't wait. Got a few Leeds fans in work also so I hope we come away with a victory.

As you said it could be a high scoring game, our defence scares the sh*t out of me at times, but our attack is the best in the league, should be a cracking game.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:10 am

chris_ccfc wrote:First trip to Leeds and can't wait. Got a few Leeds fans in work also so I hope we come away with a victory.

As you said it could be a high scoring game, our defence scares the sh*t out of me at times, but our attack is the best in the league, should be a cracking game.

We have a lad in our vilage who is from Cardiff - lived up here about 15 years - all his family bar the Mrs are Cardiff - she's Leeds ! He always comes to the game with us and sits in the Leeds end. He's had the bragging rights the last few times we have played. Infact I can't remember beating you since the 80s - I might be wrong ? It seems to me the person who runs this site as massive respect on here. It's too easy to come on giving it the big un on a footy forum - pathetic really. I know the rivalry is hostile but that's what footy is all about. Give me a game against a team like Cardiff everyday of the week. It's a mutual respect which causes the rivalry between teams how many miles apart ? Anyway less of the arselicking - were gonna batter you on and off the pitch yer sheep shaggers !!!!!!!!!! Regards.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

Leedsfc wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:First trip to Leeds and can't wait. Got a few Leeds fans in work also so I hope we come away with a victory.

We have a lad in our vilage who is from Cardiff - lived up here about 15 years - all his family bar the Mrs are Cardiff - she's Leeds ! He always comes to the game with us and sits in the Leeds end. He's had the bragging rights the last few times we have played. Infact I can't remember beating you since the 80s - I might be wrong ? It seems to me the person who runs this site as massive respect on here. It's too easy to come on giving it the big un on a footy forum - pathetic really. I know the rivalry is hostile but that's what footy is all about. Give me a game against a team like Cardiff everyday of the week. It's a mutual respect which causes the rivalry between teams how many miles apart ? Anyway less of the arselicking - were gonna batter you on and off the pitch yer sheep shaggers !!!!!!!!!! Regards.

oi i heard that!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:35 pm

CHEERS Leeds, Speak to You both after We Win Tom :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Leedsfc wrote:

:lol: :lol: Love it

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 am

I forgot to Ask are you going to the game ?