Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FK Željezničar (BiH)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Topic of my club in Bosnia ;)
We played today against a biggest rival FK Sarajevo, we call them small ones or communists, result was a 0:0, so bad football today, our striker have the red card in 38 min. This is one of our coreo today Image

Re: FK Željezničar (BiH)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 pm

was there much trouble there?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

No, becouse the rival fans are in some boycott, and they didnt came. This is a good video, its so emotional for me, becouse that night first time after war we have lights on our stadium, night game man 8-) (becouse stadium in a war was a line between us and serbian agressors-terrorists)

Our stadium its called "Grbavica"
This is a stadium in a war, 1993.

Stadium today.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:16 pm

great post many thanks for sharing the photos, best regards :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 pm

that first photo looks like the vetch field in swansea

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:22 pm

About us.
We are The Maniacs (TM87), supporting Željezničar (Željo nickname) since 1921, but we have this name since 1987. We are anti politic, anti communist, antifa, anti racsist club, just ultra supporting ;) We are the best in Bosnia, other wanna be like us. Our biggest rivals are Horde Zla (Hords of Evil), supporters of FK Sarajevo, they are good to, but we are better, they are like a Swansea fans, hahaha. Soon more pics, vids and storys, I must eat now :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:12 pm

todays match!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 pm

some great pictures there bosnian. :D

so tell me what brought you to the number 1 club in wales and this site in particular :?:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I like Cardiff, becouse Im not a gloryhunter. Cardiff have something like my Željo, Blue, biggest in a state, nice fans, stadium, hood, city, history, everything. The A-team representation of Bosnia played against Wales in Cardiff about 3-4 years ago, remember :)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks for the info Bosnian. Its great to read about other clubs on here. It must have been a difficult time for you guys during the war. This might sound a stupid qiestion but one I must ask, was there much football played during the war?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:39 pm

During the war, my club no, and other clubs in a occupation cityes no, but representation yes, sometimes recreativ, sometime proffesionnal, but play, like most of league players in that time, play and fight against occupation. Not have stupid question, you can say just stupid answer ;)

btw. one nice pic

Our logo

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Just before the war I worked for a company in the UK that trained up pilots. One of our main customers were Yugoslavia airlines. We would have Serbs and Bosnians in the same classroom. Overnight this all changed and we never saw them again. Hence why I asked such questions because I got to know some of them and I just wondered what ever happen to them.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:46 pm

thanks for sharing your pics bosnian.

update us throughout the season on how your teams doing. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:52 pm

cardiff city twinned with FK Zeljeznicar :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Pilots are from JNA (Yugoslavian National Army), that was mixed army, peacefully, over night changed-
You now what, lets not talk about war, its a ugly flashback ;)
murphy, np, dude!
Premier, offcourse :)

Željezničar is a workers club. Željezničar, the name is a workerly, Željezničar means, hmm, how to explain, something like a train worker, worker on a railway, and in the mix of comunist or nacionalist fans and clubs, we are just what we are.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Željezničar is a workers club. Željezničar, the name is a workerly, Željezničar means, hmm, how to explain, something like a train worker, worker on a railway, and in the mix of comunist or nacionalist fans and clubs, we are just what we are.

a railwayman :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:01 am

Yeah my Wales friend :)