Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just come back from the Ice Hockey...............

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

What do you guys think, I sort of enjoyed but compared to watching City it was crap!
It seems really "American", with loud US rock music belting out every time play stopped, and lots of the whooping fans looking like either nerds, Rednecks or were fat feckers (who filled their oversize replica shirts) and looked like they had never been to any other sports game in their lives. I've spoken to a few people who go, and they all bang on about it being a "family" event, with "no trouble"........ I'm sure that most of the fans are great people, but for £25 for me and my boy, can't see me going back in a rush. There were some slutty girls there though (letch letch) who are presumably the "rink bunnies" I heard about, they seemed to get their dress sense from Jodie Marsh or Jordan!

Re: Just come back from the Ice Hockey...............

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:44 pm

tomcat wrote:What do you guys think, I sort of enjoyed but compared to watching City it was crap!
It seems really "American", with loud US rock music belting out every time play stopped, and lots of the whooping fans looking like either nerds, Rednecks or were fat feckers (who filled their oversize replica shirts) and looked like they had never been to any other sports game in their lives. I've spoken to a few people who go, and they all bang on about it being a "family" event, with "no trouble"........ I'm sure that most of the fans are great people, but for £25 for me and my boy, can't see me going back in a rush. There were some slutty girls there though (letch letch) who are presumably the "rink bunnies" I heard about, they seemed to get their dress sense from Jodie Marsh or Jordan!

Jodie Marsh ay ,when is the next game :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 pm

went to a few as a kid. i cant remember if i enjoyed it too much.. so yeh.. that was my pointless comment :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

My son seemed to enjoy it, but I think that after seeing me spend £25 for us to get in he felt he had to pretend!

Also, if you think the ticket office at CCS is crap............. if you buy tickets over the phone before 5pm on the day of the game you get them cheaper. So I ring up just before, the girl keeps me talking and then charges me more cos its after 5, cheeky bitch! Also, queued up to pick up my tickets before the game (or bloody face off or whatever) and there is a massive queue with more than half the ticketing staff standing around doing f all and the other half having bit chats with all the punters. Piss - up - brewery - organise- couldn't!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm

tomcat wrote:My son seemed to enjoy it, but I think that after seeing me spend £25 for us to get in he felt he had to pretend!

Also, if you think the ticket office at CCS is crap............. if you buy tickets over the phone before 5pm on the day of the game you get them cheaper. So I ring up just before, the girl keeps me talking and then charges me more cos its after 5, cheeky bitch! Also, queued up to pick up my tickets before the game (or bloody face off or whatever) and there is a massive queue with more than half the ticketing staff standing around doing f all and the other half having bit chats with all the punters. Piss - up - brewery - organise- couldn't!

T/O are not Devils staff- Actually the ice rink- Planet shite more like! Hate the firm! I'm a season ticket holder at both Devils and City so the thing about US rock I agree on but it's a great sport that alot of people avoid with a barge pole just!

Pricey yes but they do offers from time to time, Wednesday we play the Vipers and adults tickets when on a deal were £6.40! Kids were like £3.

I've got a ST and saved about £130. We're one of the cheaper rinks- shame we don't own the new rink which will be built by Dec 2011!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:08 am

I used to go down the first few years when they started up in the 90's. A couple of "interesting" away matches - Swindon, Streatham( :o ) and a tour to Copenhagen for the European games
Never quite the same as going down the City mind but it killed an otherwise boring Sunday night
Anyone remember there used to be a scooter gang that used to go down there behind one of the goals?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 am

Well I just moved to a place near the ice rink and will be making an effort to go and see them. But to be honest, the price uts me off quite a bit :?