Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS Petition!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

I’m thinking of starting a petition to get the family stand and canton stand switched around! The current family stand would keep its name but the canton stand would have to be changed back to the grange end (Obviously, because it couldn’t be the canton stand on the grangetown side of the ground)

I think if the stands changed around the atmosphere would be MUCH better, and it would make the CCS more intimidating for players and away fans!

We need to get a slice of Ninian Park into our new home!!

Do you think it’s a good idea and would you sign??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25039 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CCS Petition!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 am

hippie1994 wrote:I’m thinking of starting a petition to get the family stand and canton stand switched around! The current family stand would keep its name but the canton stand would have to be changed back to the grange end (Obviously, because it couldn’t be the canton stand on the grangetown side of the ground)

I think if the stands changed around the atmosphere would be MUCH better, and it would make the CCS more intimidating for players and away fans!

I will Sign it, For it to actually get anywhere, I HONESTLY BELIEVE AT LEAST 5,000 Fans will have to Sign it. We will promote it for you if you go ahead with it, WE NEED AN ATMOSPHERE IN THE STADIUM BADLY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

It's definatly achievable , I will make the petitons in time for the Norwich home match! - It could take a while to get over 5,000 signatures but it will be worth it in the long run , hopefully we can get 5,000+ by the end of the season so if any changes are made they will be ready for the start on next season.
:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

hippie1994 wrote:It's definatly achievable , I will make the petitons in time for the Norwich home match! - It could take a while to get over 5,000 signatures but it will be worth it in the long run , hopefully we can get 5,000+ by the end of the season so if any changes are made they will be ready for the start on next season.

Great, have to go, Coach is here for Leeds away :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 am

Ok take care! Have a safe journey!

BLUEEEEBIRDSSS! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 am

It ain't gonna happen so don't waste your time.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 am

Don't want to sound defeatist, but it will never happen.

We ain't paying as much in police costs now so you will be wasting paper and ink I'm afraid.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Surely its worth a ago if the club see that enough people are unhappy with the stadium setup and atmosphere ECT ECT they could change it? Maybe not now but if we keep trying next season or the season after it could get changed?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 pm

I will gladly sign the petition , vincent tan and the new people on board may not have a clue how strongly people feel on the matter, defo worth a go , will sign it :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm

I would sign but like someone else said it's not going to happen, the club don't want an hostile atmosphere with the chance of trouble and increased stewarding and police costs. I have said previously to get a better atmosphere make sections 116 and 117 of the Ninian Stand a singing zone and 'allow' standing in the back 12 rows of each section. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Everyone agrees that the atmosphere at the CCS is about the same as a..a graveyard , inside of an egg are a few that spring to mind , Lol.

Everyones think's the same thing but nobody's doing anything about it , everyone acted against peter ridsdale and look what happened, CC supporters got what they wanted , the thieving b*stard out the club!

If we all wanted it bad enough we could make changes

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 pm

ill sign it but im not hopeful

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

My feeling on this is that, no matter how many names we get on such a petition, it will never happen. The answer you get back will be along the lines of the fact that there are already home fans near the away fans anyway and they won't have it that the away fans are hemmed in on both sides by hostile home fans. I admire you for trying to do something, but I think it's a futile effort and it's not going to happen

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm

If you dont try you dont get!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm

hippie1994 wrote:If you dont try you dont get!

Yeah, absolutely, but I just have this feeling that too many people in control at the club don't want it to happen. They want to 'sanitise' the ground and don't want a return to the Ninian-like atmosphere, as they see it as a dark chapter, albeit a very long chapter, in the club's history. In my opinion, it's just not going to happen. Good luck with it, though

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 pm

'The ninian park chapter' the best chapter in CCFC history if you ask me!

Will you sign the petition though?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:48 pm

hippie1994 wrote:'The ninian park chapter' the best chapter in CCFC history if you ask me!

Will you sign the petition though?

It is, you're right. But, like I said, there are people in power at the club who don't see it that way. For the record, I think you're right and I'll gladly sign the petition

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I'd sign the petition, but sadly I cannot see it changing. Although the new owners should listen to the fans who have followed the club for years and love the team.

The issue is the CCS allows for games to be played with minimal and sometimes no police presence.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 pm

hippie1994 wrote:I’m thinking of starting a petition to get the family stand and canton stand switched around! The current family stand would keep its name but the canton stand would have to be changed back to the grange end (Obviously, because it couldn’t be the canton stand on the grangetown side of the ground)

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to have the right to ask the club for change, but were you aware of the following?

The club have already asked a large number of fans (about 7,000 surveyed with 1,400 responses) and those who replied don`t favour any such change.Julian Jenkins has the full results of the survey which was professionally done (apart from some of the spelling on the slides Julian!!) and has received praise from experts in the survey industry.

Of particular importance are those who currently sit in the Family Stand who you would have to move to get your way on this - and they have clearly said in their own survey as recently as March this year that they are happy where they are - why should their wishes be ignored to meet yours? That`s one big problem you face - fans with equal rights to yourself would have to have those rights taken away to comply with your wishes.

The club has saved a fortune in policing costs by having the ground set up as it is. We are not talking a few £000 but hundreds of £000 a season. So another , this time financial , reason not to change.

Therefore , for the above reasons , my opinion is that things should be left as they are as far as the seating arrangements are concerned. The atmosphere , which does need building up at times (as it did at Ninian Park as well) will develop as our new ground builds its own history over time - it just needs to be given a chance , as do the newer fans who have joined the club in the last couple of seasons. If this club is to move forward , all these new fans (and more) will be needed to continue to progress.

Keith

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Go for it Chief !! worth a go dont know if it will make a difference. I will sign it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Ridiculous idea.

I won't sign it.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

i will, doubt it will make a difference but cant fault you for trying :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:00 pm

What about an online petition posted on this and the other message boards? I dont think the club will budge on this but if you get 5000+ signatures then they cant ignore us.
I was speaking to a guy from oldham on the weekend and he couldnt believe the family stand is next to the away fans.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 pm

I will look into starting an online petition!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 pm

hippie1994 wrote:I will look into starting an online petition!

I'm sure there's a website deedicated to getting petitions going. Not sure what it is, but maybe others on here know

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:21 pm

if the stands got swapped it would mean more money going out for police costs but it would also mean that there would be less money coming in as with it being a family stand it allows for the seats rite up to the segregation bar to be opened but if it was switched so the family stand was the other side and the singing section was next to the away fans they would have to close a few hundred seats as its easier to control a few hundred families with their kids than all the canton lads. i don't think switching the stands would improve the atmosphere and we shouldn't need to do it to improve the atmosphere. i think if the club were more lenient about standing it would create a better atmosphere we us need to get the "new fans" singing :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm

recharding wrote:Ridiculous idea.

I won't sign it.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I take it your a ST holder in the family stand?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

go for it

i'll sign it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 pm

hippie1994 wrote:
recharding wrote:Ridiculous idea.

I won't sign it.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I take it your a ST holder in the family stand?

And if he is ,as I tried pointing out when I responded to your post yesterday,why should he have any less right to choose where he wants to sit than you?

I am not trying to be provocative , just asking a question which no-one on here has ever answered when the topic has been raised (several times) before.

I have given a number of reasons why a swop of ends should not take place , but haven`t seen an explanation of why such a swap would be fair to other fans or make commercial sense.

Would fans pushing for such a move be willing to pay the club for the extra policing costs involved and lost income from the need for extra segregation areas? And how would they propose compensatiing existing family stand fans for having to move?

Yes , the atmosphere in the ground needs improving at times.But for those of us who attended Ninian Park for many many years , it did there as well - the claim that Ninian Park was always "rocking" is just simply not true. At times it did , especially with terrace areas , but those days are gone and any all seater modern stadium will suffer a little atmosphere wise , its not just a CCS problem.

The way forward is to encourage everyone in the ground to get more involved and converted to being more noisy at times.But they won`t be converted by those who insist on standing in front of them and insulting them if they don`t sing when "oredered" to do so - unfortunately there are a few in the ground who think this is the way to go about things.

Keith

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:16 pm

I dont think it will work, but I will sign it