A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCS Petition!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:28 pm

since62 wrote:
hippie1994 wrote:
recharding wrote:Ridiculous idea.

I won't sign it.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I take it your a ST holder in the family stand?

:ayatollah:

And if he is ,as I tried pointing out when I responded to your post yesterday,why should he have any less right to choose where he wants to sit than you?

I am not trying to be provocative , just asking a question which no-one on here has ever answered when the topic has been raised (several times) before.

I have given a number of reasons why a swop of ends should not take place , but haven`t seen an explanation of why such a swap would be fair to other fans or make commercial sense.

Would fans pushing for such a move be willing to pay the club for the extra policing costs involved and lost income from the need for extra segregation areas? And how would they propose compensatiing existing family stand fans for having to move?

Yes , the atmosphere in the ground needs improving at times.But for those of us who attended Ninian Park for many many years , it did there as well - the claim that Ninian Park was always "rocking" is just simply not true. At times it did , especially with terrace areas , but those days are gone and any all seater modern stadium will suffer a little atmosphere wise , its not just a CCS problem.

The way forward is to encourage everyone in the ground to get more involved and converted to being more noisy at times.But they won`t be converted by those who insist on standing in front of them and insulting them if they don`t sing when "oredered" to do so - unfortunately there are a few in the ground who think this is the way to go about things.

Keith

I agree with everything you say, Keith. When we went to get season tickets for the new ground there was a presentation on how the gropund would work. It was pointed out that if you wanted to stand, there would be a zero tolerance policy on this in the Ninian Stand and, if you wanted to stand, you could do so in the Canton Stand. But still people come on here moaning they've been asked by a steward to sit down. Likewise, the reasons for having the family end where it is, along with a 'safe buffer zone' next to the away fans was explained thoroughly and I realised then that this would remain in place for as long as the stadium stood. They also pointed out, rightly or wrongly, that they believed that a lot of anti-social behaviour was caused by our own fans (what they see as the 'rowdier element') being either side of the away fans, thus causing intimidation to them. This is what they have set out eradicate from the outset of the stadium and, by moving the family stand to the other end, they will be going back on what their game plan has been from the start. This is why I feel the petition is a futile gesture. Will anyone address this, either?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:31 pm

since62 wrote:
hippie1994 wrote:
recharding wrote:Ridiculous idea.

I won't sign it.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I take it your a ST holder in the family stand?

And if he is ,as I tried pointing out when I responded to your post yesterday,why should he have any less right to choose where he wants to sit than you?

I am not trying to be provocative , just asking a question which no-one on here has ever answered when the topic has been raised (several times) before.

I have given a number of reasons why a swop of ends should not take place , but haven`t seen an explanation of why such a swap would be fair to other fans or make commercial sense.

Would fans pushing for such a move be willing to pay the club for the extra policing costs involved and lost income from the need for extra segregation areas? And how would they propose compensatiing existing family stand fans for having to move?

Yes , the atmosphere in the ground needs improving at times.But for those of us who attended Ninian Park for many many years , it did there as well - the claim that Ninian Park was always "rocking" is just simply not true. At times it did , especially with terrace areas , but those days are gone and any all seater modern stadium will suffer a little atmosphere wise , its not just a CCS problem.

The way forward is to encourage everyone in the ground to get more involved and converted to being more noisy at times.But they won`t be converted by those who insist on standing in front of them and insulting them if they don`t sing when "oredered" to do so - unfortunately there are a few in the ground who think this is the way to go about things.

Keith

I can see were you are coming from mate and to be honest it’s a 50/50 chance of this being successful. But surely long serving CC Fans that went to Ninian week in week out miss the old atmosphere? , and there's no reasons why we can't get or TRY and get our new home as Ninian was.

I understand that financially it could be a bad idea but this is a fans club! And I think the Cardiff board should listen to us!

And as for getting the ST Holders of the family stand to comply surely they could just renew there season tickets half price?

But these days it not about football and fans, it’s about business and money :|

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Hippie, I think that in your reply to Since62 you contradicted yourself about saying that the family stand ST holders can renew at half price but then going on to say that it's all about money. And another problem is that this board is made up of a tiny percentage of our support. As has been pointed out, 1,700 don't want to move and I think they remain where they are because it's now perceived as being a safe environment to watch a game of football with your family. People may stop coming if they think the banter at the other end of the ground could turn nasty outside as they are making their way home or back to their cars. I do hope, however, that you are not getting blinded by this petition and the romantic notion that we can just simply swap ends at the expense of the actual facts that it will probably never happen, facts laid out by Since62 in a previous post

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:02 pm

hippie1994 wrote:I can see were you are coming from mate and to be honest it’s a 50/50 chance of this being successful. But surely long serving CC Fans that went to Ninian week in week out miss the old atmosphere? , and there's no reasons why we can't get or TRY and get our new home as Ninian was.

I understand that financially it could be a bad idea but this is a fans club! And I think the Cardiff board should listen to us!

And as for getting the ST Holders of the family stand to comply surely they could just renew there season tickets half price?

But these days it not about football and fans, it’s about business and money :|

I think this is part of the problem, the Ninian Park atmosphere is given a little too much credit. At times the atmosphere in the old place was electric, for the vast majority of games it was nothing special. How many games at NP in recent history can you remember that bettered the atmosphere of the Swansea, Leicester (twice) and Bristol City games last season?

I don't think we'll ever be able to match the intimidation factor in the new stadium because it's a nice place to come and watch football. We don't have a terrace where you're right on top on the pitch like at Ninian Park. I don't think it matters where the home fans sit, does it at other clubs?

I do admit that I miss midweek games at Ninian Park, that has more to do with being crammed into a terrace than being near away fans though!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:11 pm

hippie1994 wrote:But surely long serving CC Fans that went to Ninian week in week out miss the old atmosphere?and there's no reasons why we can't get or TRY and get our new home as Ninian was

It appears 1,700 like the way the ground is now and there is nothing to suggest that a lot of the suopport in other parts of the ground don't think the same, either. But then, that is where the online petition comes in I guess

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

I think that at Ninian Park the away section became a focal point of abuse from the GS A block and the home Grange End. Overall I think Ninian Park was much bigger than that. To suggest that the only way to get an atmosphere going at the old ground was to abuse the away fans is quite frankly insulting to the memory of Ninian Park.

Like I said Ninian was far bigger than that and there's been many a great atmosphere when there's been a single car load of fans in the away section. Like Keith said though it wasn't always rocking, sometimes it was very poor.

Is it really a case of the only way to raise an atmosphere is by abusing the away fans, be that in a new stadium or the old one?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm

The club has moved on from abusing rival fans.

You can sing and chant from anywhere in the ground so if the only way you can do that is by abusing rival fans then are you a proper City fan?

Also the continual condemnation of 'plastics' is very misguided. To move on and have sell out stadiums we need this casual support who enjoy the day, pay good money and help the club. The life long fan will always be special but not every fan has to be as passionate.

I used to pray for the day when a family looking for a day out would actually consider going to watch Cardiff.

Before any abuse i love football and hate corporate crap BUT realise that s what makes the club succesfull and i wouldnt class a casual new fan as corporate.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

I dont think its abuse , i think its more banter! , And if we are to improve the atmosphere without moving the current seating plans. We need to encourage newer supporters to sing and dance! Lol

Anyway i respect all your opinions and of course it's up to you if you want to sign the petition or not!

Thanks guys

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25039 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 am

Hippie 1994, top idea, don't listen to any negatives, its worth a go. I went up the cross inn east Cardiff for the Leeds game due to work, there was a full pub soulcrew flags and an amazing atmosphere. I love the banter between fans and I am considering not going anymore because football is supposed to be a laugh, a few beers bit of banter ect. I can't stick the new ground with the library atmosphere. Please give it a go and see what happens.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks for your support!

The discussion is :- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25039

And you can sign the petition at :- http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Cardiff/

You can also add me on Facebook - Ryan 'Hippie' Hipkin

Thanks alot and hopefully this is successful.