Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHOPRA'S GOAL

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

....not offside in my opinion.
They just showed the whole game again on Sky. Nice to see when all the anxiety and adrenaline is taken out of the match.
Gary Birtles (very biased towards Leeds throughout - did he ever play for them?) freezes the action and shows Chops slightly goalside of the Leeds centre-back and, he says, offside. But there's a white shirt in their right back position a half yard further towards their goal who is playing Chopra on side. Anybody else see it?

Re: CHOPRA'S GOAL

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Obviuosly the linesman saw him otherwise would have waved flag !

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm

But Birtles stating categorically that it was offside, is bleddy annoyin !

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm

harley wrote:But Birtles stating categorically that it was offside, is bleddy annoyin !

Yes, also saw the game again on SKY1 this morning. He was onside Mark, and you're right mate,bias commentators of the highest order! :evil:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm

I'd need to see it again, but I did think he was offside.

Not that I was giving a f**k!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:16 pm

who cares. it stood and rightfully so. Wouldnt be the same if they actually gave us some praise :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:25 pm

When i watched last night i thought the defender on the far side was playing Chopra on side but i couldn't care a feck because the goal stood anyway and if it annoyed Birtles then great because he's a total tosser :D

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:45 am

Just checked, and Birtles played for Nottm.Forest and Man Utd. but never Leeds.... You could've fooled me!