Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff can beat any side imo

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Allright lads, this is my first post to be honest but i thought id share my thoughts on Cardiff City football club, Last night was a cracking trip and i must say that the way we played we can beat any side this season including premiership sides, i think we have a very strong squad this year, one of the best ive seen for a while. my question is this if you could bring in any players during the transfer window who would u bring in ??? id like to bring in 2 centre halfs tbh, and thats not a dig at our current centre backs because i think competition in any squad is great.

Re: Cardiff can beat any side imo

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Welcome on Board :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Warren,Were you on our coach last night ?

WE WERE AWSOME LAST NIGHT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:Allright lads, this is my first post to be honest but i thought id share my thoughts on Cardiff City football club, Last night was a cracking trip and i must say that the way we played we can beat any side this season including premiership sides, i think we have a very strong squad this year, one of the best ive seen for a while. my question is this if you could bring in any players during the transfer window who would u bring in ??? id like to bring in 2 centre halfs tbh, and thats not a dig at our current centre backs because i think competition in any squad is great.

ONE strong, confident, loud, centre back who can marshall the back four.

thats what we lack IMO. Gypes and Hudson lack the quality to command
the troops kind of thing. Either one of those two can do a half decent job
but need a leader beside them

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Welcome on Board :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis he was one of Jonnys mates, with the blue and white face paint which looked like Braveheart :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:Allright lads, this is my first post to be honest but i thought id share my thoughts on Cardiff City football club, Last night was a cracking trip and i must say that the way we played we can beat any side this season including premiership sides, i think we have a very strong squad this year, one of the best ive seen for a while. my question is this if you could bring in any players during the transfer window who would u bring in ??? id like to bring in 2 centre halfs tbh, and thats not a dig at our current centre backs because i think competition in any squad is great.

Warren... Do you come here often?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Claire wrote:

:lol: Now I know who it is.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Claire wrote:

:lol: Now I know who it is.

:lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 am

In reply, yeah i was on the coach last night great trip, also appologies to any1 i didnt introduce myself to as i was a bit focused on beating leeds or just jibber jabbing shit lol, I just want to say ive travelled on numerous coaches fair play the coach last night was packed with a good bunch of lads (including the merthyr boys who ive seen loads of times lol) and gals (claire lol) really enjoyed it. Also fair play to Carl also for guirding my mate cheeky Sean Jay in the right direction about getting our tickets as when we all thought it was sorted unfortuanately Cheggers didnt make the trip so the following day panic over the slightest little things. True story we where supposed to have a quite 1 on the eve of the game but ended up having a skinful and after only 3 hours sleep we managed to get tickets as we made our way to cardiff and then back up to merthyr then down to pontypridd, In the end it was worth it.. I joined the forum after hearing the plug on the bus lol

Claire fair play LOL "DO U COME ERE OFTEN LOL" good crack that !!!

Is that mad fucker on ere that NIPS the one with the glasses with the ralph lauren top on lol he was mad for it lol

Back on topic tho i predict for some strange reason that Glenn Loovens will come back to us in January or if any1 id love to see Jonson back but realistically I do hope and agree with u that we need a bit of bottle at the back !!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:

In reply, yeah i was on the coach last night great trip, also appologies to any1 i didnt introduce myself to as i was a bit focused on beating leeds or just jibber jabbing shit lol, I just want to say ive travelled on numerous coaches fair play the coach last night was packed with a good bunch of lads (including the merthyr boys who ive seen loads of times lol) and gals (claire lol) really enjoyed it. Also fair play to Carl also for guirding my mate cheeky Sean Jay in the right direction about getting our tickets as when we all thought it was sorted unfortuanately Cheggers didnt make the trip so the following day panic over the slightest little things. True story we where supposed to have a quite 1 on the eve of the game but ended up having a skinful and after only 3 hours sleep we managed to get tickets as we made our way to cardiff and then back up to merthyr then down to pontypridd, In the end it was worth it.. I joined the forum after hearing the plug on the bus lol

Is that mad fucker on ere that NIPS the one with the glasses with the ralph lauren top on lol he was mad for it lol

Back on topic tho i predict for some strange reason that Glenn Loovens will come back to us in January or if any1 id love to see Jonson back but realistically I do hope and agree with u that we need a bit of bottle at the back !!

Nips is on here, he's called 'The Premier One'

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Claire wrote:
Warren of Merthyr wrote:

Nips is on here, he's called 'The Premier One'

I like Nips! ;) :) :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm

He was like the paparazzi, the guy seemed a good crack and where ever u went there was always a camera :lol: and you just cannot beat that yellow acid man flag :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm

On the subject of beating anyone, I agree we can beat anyone in this division when all our players are fully fit and we could probably beat lower Premiership sides like Bolton, Wigan, West Ham, etc but go further up and we'd start to struggle. I couldn't see us, with our present squad, beating the likes of Chelsea, Manure, Tottenham, Arsenal, etc. They'd be just too good for us. Liverpool, on the other hand.... :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:51 pm

:lol: Now im gonna disagree with you there tbh because if all our current squad is fit, I still think we can beat any1on the day its all about on the day, I mean Who would have thought Blackpool would be beating sides like Liverpool :lol: and imo i still think to this day we have a better squad than Blackpool but like i said its on the day, as on the day Blackpool got a result at Wembley last season and they where up for it ... the so called big 4 would go into the game with Cardiff underestimating us look at what happend up at chealsea in the fa cup to be fair to us at that time when chopra put the ball in the back of the net it was anyones game until it that cheat DROGBA ruined the game at Stamford Bridge but i think ive made my point lol :ayatollah: :lol: its only 11 men against 11 men at the end of the day !! never say die and never say never in this game :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:57 pm

I think what you say about the Chelsea re-inforces my point rather than yours. They beat us 4-1, after all. Yeah, we can beat anyone on our day, but it should have been our day against Chelsea and we didn't take it, we also got beaten by Villa last season and Arsenal beat us soundly in the cup replay after we drew 0-0 down here. After all, what better time is there to upset a premiership giant than a cup game?

I think we could survive a season in the Premiership if we can tighten up in defence as out attacking options are lower to mid-table Premiership standard so lets hope we prove this next season :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I get your point, but after watching us play samba football against Leeds and watching this seasons Championship and Match of the day i think we would give any team a run for their money that was my point do excuse the grammer LOL its hard to type what your point your trying to make sometimes LOL. I agree with what your saying on our defence but it seems to me that Hudson is hot and cold in fairness hes had a few good games, I do like Darcy Blake and i dont understand how he aint in the squad also with Riggott out injured thats a shame because its always g8 to have the experiance at the back. so back to my question also guys who would you like for cardiff to bring in in January realistically ?? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 pm

I'd like to see how Riggott is going to settle in. If he's anything like he was a few years back, for me he'd walk into our defence, probably at Gyepes' expense. I agree with what you say about Darcy Blake, he's quicker, more mobile and just as good as any of our defenders in the air but, after his excellent displays at centre back last season, Jones seems to have gone backwards in selection in that position. That, really is the one position that need urgent attention should we go up. Also, contrary to opinion on here, I wouldn't take Olifinjana on if we go up. He looks very good at times at this level, but is proven as not up to it in the Premiership.

I can't think of specific players I would take on here but 2 big strong commanding centre backs (1 if Riggott can get back to his best) and a good, strong, holding midfielder are essential

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm

It would be interesting actually to see what Riggott would bring to the table once fit. Again Darcy Blake would get into my team no problems but i dont pick the team :lol: regarding Ollie i got to say ive been quite impressed with him this season and thinks hes very beneficial to our starting line up. Im hoping we will go up as champions as i cant be doing playoffs again as my nerves wouldnt be able to handle it this year :lol: :ayatollah: