Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST WRITTEN TO WFA

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:28 am

Having read the English newspapers yesterday and today and they all want Jay banned I wrote to the Welsh FA complaining of double standards. De Yong broke a players leg but no action was taken against him. Both players Jay and Beccio got up and got on with the game I don't see he can be banned retrospectively? Yes it was clumsy at best but it was 50-50 and no more than that. If we take tackling out of football the game won't be worth watching. Let's hope the Welsh FA tell the English FA and press "no action will be taken" and show everyone that our association has some backbone after all.

Re: JUST WRITTEN TO WFA

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 am

hmmmm , what was the outcome of this incident then . Apart from Chops being out for several weeks ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 am

when you see that photo how the hell can the ref possibly miss that from his perfect position to see it?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25035 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:34 am

shadwellblue wrote:when you see that photo how the hell can the ref possibly miss that from his perfect position to see it?

Not being funny but that really was a leg breaker and I thought at the time it should have been a straight red and from that photo for the ref to miss it we must have had Mr Magoo refing :roll:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I sent that photo to my mate who is a Leeds fan, he was Bothroyd this and Bothroyd that !

I explained to him that if the game hadn't been on sky that the incident would have gone unnoticed much the same as Chopra's tackle has !

After all, all of us at the game saw how bad it was, its just lucky that I got the photo on the day and put in the public eye to a wider audience !