Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QUEEN STREET CARDIFF

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 am

Walking down there yesterday, i was stopped by Charity Chuggers, Big Issues sellers, hari krishnas, Had an accident claiments, Genral beggers bumming fags and money, i remember you could walk down this street once and not get stopped at all,I now try and avoid this area like the plague! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: QUEEN STREET CARDIFF

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 am

And if you say you're not interested, they shoot you the dirtiest looks imagineable, too. Parasites, the lot of them

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 am

Glad to see someone feels the same about these parasites, cant we do something to get rid of the lot of them ?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

There must be a way. Get that c**t Berman to do some work instead of campaigning to keep the kings cross gay

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Couldnt agree more mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 pm

the accident people are the worst.

when they stop and ask if youve had an accident in the last 3 years, if you say yes i have just shit myself, they tend to let you on your way :D

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:43 pm

milly44 wrote:the accident people are the worst.

when they stop and ask if youve had an accident in the last 3 years, if you say yes i have just shit myself, they tend to let you on your way :D

I tried that with a Big Issue seller and he said "Small world, so have I"

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:the accident people are the worst.

I tried that with a Big Issue seller and he said "Small world, so have I"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm

blue nile wrote:Walking down there yesterday, i was stopped by Charity Chuggers, Big Issues sellers, hari krishnas, Had an accident claiments, Genral beggers bumming fags and money, i remember you could walk down this street once and not get stopped at all,I now try and avoid this area like the plague! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I used to work in town I had to put up with it every day. You never mentioned the Roma gypo's " playing" their accordians

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Pontypridd has east europeans selling the Big Issue. If it's not bad enough them coming over here and nicking our jobs, they're now nicking our Big Issue sellers :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Queen Street is no longer the central business area of the city centre. Keep to the new St David's 2. Shopping for the refined. :D

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Wayne S wrote:Queen Street is no longer the central business area of the city centre. Keep to the new St David's 2. Shopping for the refined. :D

Yeah, ok for cheap jewellery and overpriced Mongolian restaurants :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Pricey wrote:
blue nile wrote:Walking down there yesterday, i was stopped by Charity Chuggers, Big Issues sellers, hari krishnas, Had an accident claiments, Genral beggers bumming fags and money, i remember you could walk down this street once and not get stopped at all,I now try and avoid this area like the plague! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I used to work in town I had to put up with it every day. You never mentioned the Roma gypo's " playing" their accordians

Oh yeh I forgot about them, and the Christian nutters with their banners and f**king mega-phones !!!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm

blue nile wrote:
Pricey wrote:

Oh yeh I forgot about them, and the Christian nutters with their banners and f**king mega-phones !!!

Does that mad mullah still go there wearing his bed sheet and tea towel

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 pm

No, I think he,s been put away at Bellmarsh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:24 pm

blue nile wrote:No, I think he,s been put away at Bellmarsh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I love walking past the ones who come up to you and say "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?", to which I reply "You just did love" and carry on walking!! :lol:

Also, I enjoy seeing cyclists getting a bollocking off the Heddlu, makes my day!! :D

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 am

I work on Queen St and the buskers always set up right by us. The worst one is the man with the dijarido. He's actually cost us business because he's so loud. And there's alwayr some fat chick doing kareoke all day. Have to listen to her for hours. :evil: winds me up that the police do nothing about it.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am

You should've tried walking past St Davids Hall yesterday afternoon!! Couldn't move for all the little brats climbing all over a couple of fire engines!! Don't these firemen have something better to be doing on their 30k a year or whatever they get these days!! Give it to squaddies instead!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 am

jimmy_rat wrote:You should've tried walking past St Davids Hall yesterday afternoon!! Couldn't move for all the little brats climbing all over a couple of fire engines!! Don't these firemen have something better to be doing on their 30k a year or whatever they get these days!! Give it to squaddies instead!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did you really just say that? Firemen are just as deserving of a good pay as soldiers. Btw, my brother is a squaddie and gets 30k anyway.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 am

I don't want to start a Squaddie vs Fireman argument! It was said a bit tongue in cheek! However, I do feel the pay is a bit disproportionate, Squaddies in Afghan on 15k a year working all hours under the sun. Firemen strike to get 30k for 4 days on 4 days off (and the same squaddies did their work for them whilst on strike)!! You can't say that's fair?

P.S. I'm Army, so I supppose there's bias! :-) At least neither is as bad as the Police and their pay, bonuses and 'overtime'!!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 am

See what the late great Bill Hicks made of it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnA29wK7uM
:D :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am

jimmy_rat wrote:You should've tried walking past St Davids Hall yesterday afternoon!! Couldn't move for all the little brats climbing all over a couple of fire engines!! Don't these firemen have something better to be doing on their 30k a year or whatever they get these days!! Give it to squaddies instead!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Steady on. My girlfriend took her little lad down there yesterday and he's no brat. He may become a fireman when he grows up and may save your life when you're old. He won't be a brat then, will he?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I don't want to start a Squaddie vs Fireman argument! It was said a bit tongue in cheek! However, I do feel the pay is a bit disproportionate, Squaddies in Afghan on 15k a year working all hours under the sun. Firemen strike to get 30k for 4 days on 4 days off (and the same squaddies did their work for them whilst on strike)!! You can't say that's fair?

P.S. I'm Army, so I supppose there's bias! :-) At least neither is as bad as the Police and their pay, bonuses and 'overtime'!!

Firemen and Police deserve their pay, they put their lives in danger all the time. Yes Squaddies should get more money but why have a go at police or firemans wages? Well actually, I don't think squaddies should have pay rises whilst not in combat. When they are in a war zone, fair enough, pay rise, no tax, better equipment. Don't think they should get it all year around though.

And there are very few soldiers on 15k in Afghanistan.

Firemen, police and soldiers deserve good pays. They all do a valuable job to preserve lives :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Its the cyclists on QA that annoy the hell out of me, flying past at 50mph
Im going to clothsline one of the f*ckers

:evil: