Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The New Penn pub

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm moving into a flat on Sunday which is up the road opposite The New Penn pub. Never been in there before and I'm not totally familiar with the area in general, but the flat's lovely inside and I'm looking forward to moving in. And it beats the daily commute between Cardiff and Porthcawl.

Can someone enlighten me on what the pub's like please?

Re: The New Penn pub

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm moving into a flat on Sunday which is up the road opposite The New Penn pub. Never been in there before and I'm not totally familiar with the area in general, but the flat's lovely inside and I'm looking forward to moving in. And it beats the daily commute between Cardiff and Porthcawl.

I'm assuming you mean the one in Llanedeyrn if so I would give it a miss if I was you and go to the Retreat or the Hollybush.I use the Retreat and there are more City in there and a bookies next door.The Retreat is by the Maelfa shopping centre and as I say has a bookies next door and a chip shop.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Pricey wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I'm moving into a flat on Sunday which is up the road opposite The New Penn pub. Never been in there before and I'm not totally familiar with the area in general, but the flat's lovely inside and I'm looking forward to moving in. And it beats the daily commute between Cardiff and Porthcawl.

I'm assuming you mean the one in Llanedeyrn if so I would give it a miss if I was you and go to the Retreat or the Hollybush.I use the Retreat and there are more City in there and a bookies next door.The Retreat is by the Maelfa shopping centre and as I say has a bookies next door and a chip shop.

thats andy happy, he loves him food ;)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 pm

http://www.cardiffpubs.co.uk/Pub.php?Pub=NewPenn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.cardiffpubs.co.uk/Pub.php?Pub=NewPenn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffpubs.co.uk/Pub.php?Pub=Retreat :D

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:28 pm

milly44 wrote:
Pricey wrote:

thats andy happy, he loves him food ;)

God, yeah, Milly :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Pricey wrote:

Yeah, someone's mentioned the Hollybush and also the Model Inn I think they said (might be wrong though)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Pricey wrote:

Yeah, someone's mentioned the Hollybush and also the Model Inn I think they said (might be wrong though)

The Model inn is in town thre is a Village inn (Christian Roberts drinks in there) but its a fair walk from where your going to live

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks Pricey. I knew I was getting my Models and Villages mixed up!! :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm a regular in the hollybush its a good pub with good beer a reasonably priced food!

As for the New Penn most ppl avoid it like the plague as its full of 16-20 yr old chavs(mostly).

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm

ccfcbluebird wrote:I'm a regular in the hollybush its a good pub with good beer a reasonably priced food!

As for the New Penn most ppl avoid it like the plague as its full of 16-20 yr old chavs(mostly).

Thanks, mate. Advice taken on board :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm

[
The Model inn is in town thre is a Village inn (Christian Roberts drinks in there) but its a fair walk from where your going to live[/quote]
I thought he'd given up the booze?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 pm

I drink in he Hollybush most days so if you ever fancy a pint let me know. Few people on here do. The beer is ok but it does the job !!

:ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Grand Slams not far !

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 pm

wales1927 wrote:Grand Slams not far !

decent pint,plenty of city fans and a good atmosphere on the weekends