Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Bothroyd sign a new contract soon?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 pm

I hope so because Liverpool and Fulham are monitoring him. Ok we should be able to keep Fulham off our backs but Liverpool would be a massive pull for Jay. Now I know they are down the bottom of the Premier league at the moment but if Liverpool are sniffing at your door what do you do? sign a new contract with Cardiff City or wait to see if the Liverpool interest is for real. I don't know what anyone else feels about this subject but personally I am getting worried.

Re: Will Bothroyd sign a new contract soon?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Something don't seem right somewhere?

All this since DJ started touting him for England. WTF is going on? :?: :?:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Liverpool are preparing a January bid according to this article - http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... and-fulham
If anything scuppers our promotion bid then losing Bothroyd could do that.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:01 pm

imo Bothroyd will sign soon, as before he came to us he wasnt playing well & had about 9 clubs. His attitude wasnt good & he couldnt get first team football, With us he is Practically guaranteed First team football, he is essential to the way we play and he knows this! he loves Cardiff and when we play the jacks you will see this! Dj gets the best out of him and he enjoys football at Cardiff. We Could & hopefully will be promoted this year & he knows this so why would he risk going to a Premier club and being a bench warmer even though imo he is one of the best strikers in England atm.

:ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:55 pm

TeenageBlue wrote:imo Bothroyd will sign soon, as before he came to us he wasnt playing well & had about 9 clubs. His attitude wasnt good & he couldnt get first team football, With us he is Practically guaranteed First team football, he is essential to the way we play and he knows this! he loves Cardiff and when we play the jacks you will see this! Dj gets the best out of him and he enjoys football at Cardiff. We Could & hopefully will be promoted this year & he knows this so why would he risk going to a Premier club and being a bench warmer even though imo he is one of the best strikers in England atm.

:ayatollah:

As much as Jay loves it here, and I think he genuinely does. The chances are that he
could treble his wages by going somewhere like Liverpool. He's not a youngster anymore
and his career has suffered through injury too. Financially, Jay would be far better off
an injured Liverpool player than an injured City player. Sad, but very true :(

We can but cross our fingers

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Well Dave Jones just answered this question on GTFM said theres an offer on the table for Jay and it's up to him to decide. So squeaky bum time until January by the looks.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Well Dave Jones just answered this question on GTFM said theres an offer on the table for Jay and it's up to him to decide. So squeaky bum time until January by the looks.

That worries me a LOT. Things are going so well but we need Jay so sign up like yesterday. Hes absolutely vital no matter what division we are in next season.

End of the day hes top class so should be paid accordingly

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 pm

lets hope he does or we have another ledley on are hands.............. not good