Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

who has bought the worst away support to either ninian park

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 pm

whos bought the worst and best away support to cardiff???

im a qpr fan and the worst away support that ive seen at loftus road is watford or swansea :P :shock: :D

Re: who has bought the worst away support to either ninian park

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

You are grovelling now tubby

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

what ???

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:You are grovelling now tubby
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Come on give him a chance.

Exeter City 1 fan in the away end in the 80's :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:06 pm

hahaha 1 fan are you serious !!! :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Jack QPR wrote:hahaha 1 fan are you serious !!! :lol:

Yes Honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Do we have to Annis ? :lol: Oh ok then worst supporters to Ninian park apart from QPR ? TBH most teams are poor because not many came but the best were Scotland 86 and Sheff Wed have been good. Chelsea 83. OR the ones that stand out for me was Ipswich for our final game at Ninian Park for the respectful way they behaved to send of NP unlike our Club and players that day. So hats off to Ipswich for that.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm

shepherds bush.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 pm

what about shepherds bush !!???? :)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:23 pm

York City when York was flooded........total fans .....0 (but still noisier than Swansea Towns inbreds)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:28 pm

For the records, the lowest last seasons away crowd to the CCS was Peterborough, 182 fans, on a Tuesday night [09/02/10].
Highest [league] was Newcastle, [Sun 13/09/09], 2013, only slightly beaten by Leicester, play off semi, [12/05/10], 2021. QPR brought 685 fans to our stadium, on the 19/09/09. Five other teams brought over one thousand away fans last season, Forest [1010], WBA [1400], Swansea [1800], Reading [1444], & Sheffield Wednsday [1892].

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Hartlepool at Ninian when the petrol strike was going on. Think they brought about 4 fans, how they managed to find the petrol to get to and from Ninian i'll never know!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:34 pm

lol :) :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 pm

You beat me to it Annis!!

I remember that game solely for there only being one away fan, stood on the Grange in the pouring rain.

If memory serves he was allowed to move to sit in one of the covered stands - cue loud applause. Well, loud-ish as there can't have been many home fans there either!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Claude Blue wrote:You beat me to it Annis!!

I remember that game solely for there only being one away fan, stood on the Grange in the pouring rain.

If memory serves he was allowed to move to sit in one of the covered stands - cue loud applause. Well, loud-ish as there can't have been many home fans there either!!!

:lol: :ayatollah:

We wont forget that night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 pm

I would say the best away support i have seen at Ninian Park was on May 07, 1980, last game of the season, when Sunderland brought over 9.000 fans to NP. The whole old Grange end was a mass of red & white.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Wales v Scotland at Ninian Park in 1985 - must have been 12,000 scotland fans. Amazing for me anyway.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Club wise must of been Bristol at ninian park in 1947,51,000+ attended and one chap fell through the grange end roof.

That attendance still must be a record for third level of the football league surely

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Halifax, an evening game in the 90's. It was during the fuel shortage / strike so not much petrol available for fans and coaches to travel. There were no Halifax fans at all. We were singing "is that all you take away?" to an empty Grange end terrace at the beginning of the game.

Then 10 mins into the first half, one bewildered Halifax fan on his own turned up and walked into an empty terrace to the delight and cheers of the Bob bank. He took a bit of abuse for a short while but was then clapped and respected for making the effort. Good banter throughout the game. I loved how the City fans kept referring to him as "Halifax" in all their chants.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 pm

The worst for me was arsenal,very quiet & sat down all game .

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:26 am

Claude Blue wrote:You beat me to it Annis!!

They brought him into the enclosure where we were and 6 coppers stood around him.Also he'd come on a motorbike as he had his helmet with him.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 am

Anyone know how many Hereford brought for the 'decider' in the old div 3 when there was 35,000 there ?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 am

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Also he'd come on a motorbike as he had his helmet with him.

either that or if it all kicked off at least he'd have protected himself a bit :lol:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Hartlepool at Ninian when the petrol strike was going on. Think they brought about 4 fans, how they managed to find the petrol to get to and from Ninian i'll never know!

i thought that was hull? when they arrived the whole stadium gave them a standing ovation it was quality.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 pm

i was at the hereford game if i remember there was only a few hundred hereford there