Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tell the truth, would you really be happy with...

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 am

Cardiff in the premier and losing 90% of games,or winning 90% of games in the championship.

Seems to me that teams that reach the premier for the most part become the whipping boys with a few exceptions. Great watching City playing Man Utd and Chelsea ect I know, but enjoyable getting beat week in week out ?

Re: Tell the truth, would you really be happy with...

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 am

people said that about west brom, a yo-yo team. its paid off now though. i would take that as a fan. you want to test yourselves against the best. who says we would be guaranteed to lose 90% of the games???

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 am

Lets get to Premiership first.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:43 am

Obviously if you are in the Championship, the best scenario would be to be in it with parachute money. We all know the only way to get that is to get to the promised first. Who knows what can happen then?
Especially now we have the Malaysians backing us eh? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

3 things i want if possible.

1. Reach the premier and stay there

2. keep our vocal support

3. win the Lotto

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

thats just like saying in 2008 when we were winning all the fa cup ties would u have said ahh we are in the final but we are goin to lose so no point goin. but even though we did lose it is still a good memory for alot of fans and i know i will never forget seeing my team walking out at wembley in the fa cup final as i was there to see it. i would love to see us in the prem just to be able to have the memories and be able to say in the future i was there for the season we were in the prem. also i want us to be the first non english club to reach the prem.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Fact of the matter is
Yes i would
just to say weve been in the prem

and does it even make sence
win 90% of games in the championship and well be in the prem wether we like it or not :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:00 pm

If we should to make it and happen to come straight back down then IMO the humiliation would be much less than if we messed promotion it up at last moment this season. However If we should make it I have no doubt we will stay up for at least 2 seasons (and that's good enough for me at moment), we have fought for it for long enough.

If we should make it, then I would lower my expectations, and just enjoy the experience, do a bit of maths and just expect about staying out of bottom 6. I think as fans we would all also be much more chilled taking that attitude,and not just enjoy the fact we have made it, but enjoy visiting new grounds (our away support is fantastic) We have had good cup draws over last few sesons against prem teams and we have proved that we can give a good games (apart from the thrashing at Emirates)

PS Hello my first post