Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky: " FROM 4,000 TO 24,000 CROWDS "

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 pm

sam salim wrote:All seater stadiums are mainly to blame for me! When you could stand up you could all group where ever you wanted to create an atmosphere and them who didn't want to be involved would keep on the fringes of the group! But with all seater stadiums season ticket holders buy the seats with the best view rather than the best noise!So people are scattered around rather than grouped up! So when its a big crowd for a big game you have to sit where you tickets say's!Just my oppion!!!! :old:

Totally agree with this i believe all the singers from Ninian Park are still there but they are now scattered all over the ground and not together making it more difficult to raise a concerted noise and atmosphere, As i've said previously make blocks 117 annd 116 a singing section and let the top 6-7 rows at the back stand that should generate some noise which will hopefully spread around the rest of the ground :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:50 am

I think its the fear factor city fans have to the police.
Were afraid that if we stand up we could get banned .
If we have Banter with away fans and their is a camera in your face your a lot less likely to do it.
Also Songs like "get your tits out" and " shes got chalmydia" have disappeared due to the fear of getting banned for years.And in my opinion its pathetic.

Also the CantonStanders" should be in the grange end. Simpy that volatile atmosphere would come back, and everybody knows that .
Imagine the way we are playing now anyway + the ninian park spirit. You know the big teams would be scared.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:20 am

I think the problem starts with the pre match entertainment it just dosent get anyone going when the players come out its like being at the UCI cinema NOT a football match, if you go to the likes of liverpool, man city, leeds, newcastle, man utd etc the whole ground is signing when the players come out

Also some of our songs are out of date to start we need more new songs and less of the barmy army,

lets show our new found fans how to do it today, because once you get the bug it will never leave you!!!!!!!!!!

So its down to the old heads to get the stadium bouncing, lets start by booming out ill be there, ill be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 am

If you cant hear the away fans, you lose the banter back and for.

Sitting down, stewards, new fans who dont know the songs,cant swear, cans stand, cant move all make it hard to get
an atmosphere going.

Some people say the atmosphere is the same at the ccs as it was at Ninian, what a load of rubbish, I know Ninian could be quiet from time to time but the ccs is quiet 95% of the time.

I still think with the Canton mob the other side of the ground where you cant hear the away fans, f**k me you can hardly see
them is the spoiler.

I dont think the ccs will ever get a decent atmosphere. the Canton stand can be a bit noisy first 15 mins and then goes fairly quiet because you cant hear the away fans and no-one else joins in.

Even the pubs have lost the atmosphere pre-match, couple of pubs city centre, co-op would be bouncing before games years ago now quiet, unless big game like when we played swans last year.

hopefully an answer will be found before it's too late. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:26 pm

24,600 at Norwich game, Cardiff were Superb, CROWD WAS PERFECT IN MY OPINION :evil:

At one point I could here the players loud and clear.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 am

MalagaCF wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" FROM 4,000 TO 24,000 CROWDS "
I know We have gone on and on about This Subject, BUT LETS REM THIS

In the 80's and 90's CARDIFF CITY WERE VERY POOR ON THE PITCH and Mostly a Division 4 Side.
Average Crowds of 4,000 as low as 1,400, SO YES There were many many games where the Atmosphere was Pathetic, But ANSWER THIS ONE IF ANY TOP TEAM PLAYED US or WE HAD OVER 18,000 WHAT WAS THE ATMOSPHERE LIKE THEN ? AWSOME IN MY OPINION :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS CLUB BECAUSE OF ITS GREAT SUPPORTERS,I HAVE KNOWN FOR Over 37 Yrs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now Back to This New Flat Pack IKEA STADIUM, Average Crowds over 22,000, Many Over 24,000 Crowds, Playoff last Season, Top 2 This Season, I Can only Rem Say 5 games at the most where the Atmosphere was Awsome and They were Some of the Most important games in Our History.
Now Back to the other 25 games, Massive Crowds, Team in Play Offs last Season and Now Second in the Division This season, SURELY THE ATMOSPHERE SHOULD BE AWSOME EVERY GAME, WERE ON OUR WAY TO THE PREMIERSHIP, Every Week Fans moan how terrible it is down there.

SO WHAT IS WRONG ?

I believe its where the Fans Sit and the New TYPE of Fan that Does not want to participate in any kind of Atmosphere, I welcome Everyones Comments :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some people are making out that We want trouble because we want an Atmosphere, They are SO WRONG, I FELL IN LOVE WITH CARDIFF CITY BECAUSE OF ITS PASSIONATE FANS, That Followed them in the 70's/80's and 90's, They are still there, like at Leeds This week, But Sadly at the home games we are Being Killed off. :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25211 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Cardiff/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The atmosphere has died since all seater stadiums have come in.
Our away support is loud as we all stand up and sing.
Our ninian stand is like a morgue as they sit down.
The Canton stand is noisy because we all stand up.
Seats have killed off the atmosphere
:cry:

Rip all the seats out :lol: and then we can get back to what we do best is sing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

I disagree that the problem is caused by armchair fans although i take the point that there are quite a few now following the city. If you were to take the 18k or so fans that used to make ninian rock you'd probably find at least 17k of those same fans in any given 22k at the new stadium therefore the atmosphere has to spoilt by the sheer size of the new stadium, the seating arrangements in the new stadium or maybe a mixture of the two.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:01 pm

sam salim wrote:All seater stadiums are mainly to blame for me! When you could stand up you could all group where ever you wanted to create an atmosphere and them who didn't want to be involved would keep on the fringes of the group! But with all seater stadiums season ticket holders buy the seats with the best view rather than the best noise!So people are scattered around rather than grouped up! So when its a big crowd for a big game you have to sit where you tickets say's!Just my oppion!!!! :old:

Well I must be old too, as at 34, this is exactly the reason IMHO, given all the info available.  Standing sections create unity amongst like minded people and the singers will therefore stand together, as per my first, usual meeting place with the other lads - under the TV gantry on the Bob  :lol:

Those who don't want to sing, could either avoid that section altogether or if they don't sing but like being amongst the atmosphere, could stand at the edges.

It's fans that create the noise, not the bricks and mortar or the place where you stand IMHO. My reasons there are that the most vociferous NP crowd I know of (from 1986) was that described above - middle of the Bob Bank, halfway up & halfway across) so at least 50 yards from the then open (and away) Grange End, and a whopping 100mtrs or so from the away seating in Block A of the Grandstand!!!! :lol:

Then you've got the loudest chanting I've ever heard in person, the AC Milan singing section, the Curva Nord, which is at the exact opposite end of the San Siro to the away fans.      

As said by everyone before, it's just my opinion, but I think you'd achieve more by backing the safe standing campaign, run by the FSF. 

Linkage:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Re: FROM 4,000 TO 24,000 CROWDS

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Another Great Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: