Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was anyone at the Palace Jacks FA Cup replay at NP?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

1979 I think.............I was :ayatollah:

Quality!!!

Re: Was anyone at the Palace Jacks FA Cup replay at NP?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I was a very sureal night to say the least!!!

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 pm

i was there..............The night the jack got killed on NP road, Horrible Palace Bastards.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I was there and it was mental, we went on the Bob Bank where they had put the Jacks, walked in behind a lad I'd seen down the City many times and I kid you not he must have sparked out a dozen Jacks as he walked through them.
Found out later it was a lad called Rudi Picca who was a well known boxer who sadly took his own life some years later.

Can you imagine the Police letting that game go ahead now days.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:57 pm

I was there jacks had 3/4 of the bob bank at start of game and 1/4 at the end of it.
That boxer beat Bruno as an ameatur

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I was there and it was mental, we went on the Bob Bank where they had put the Jacks, walked in behind a lad I'd seen down the City many times and I kid you not he must have sparked out a dozen Jacks as he walked through them.
Found out later it was a lad called Rudi Picca who was a well known boxer who sadly took his own life some years later.

This lad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHc6Ty-PTwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOY1pGc1 ... re=related

Bruno Fight ABA Finals watch the grangetown lads wreck the gaff after hearing the decision :ayatollah:

X grangetown is pwopa nawty in this

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 pm

danishblues wrote:I was a very sureal night to say the least!!!

Yep ob transit vans on the bb to TRY and protect them.

They got absolutely destroyed that night.

Pissed down with rain....... a night of umberellas :lol:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 am

I remember it, we reclaimed our own. Pissed down all night as well I seem to remember.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 am

Bruno Fight ABA Finals watch the grangetown lads wreck the gaff after hearing the decision :ayatollah:

X grangetown is pwopa nawty in this[/quote]

am i missing it because i cant hear or see anyone wrecking the gaff ?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 am

yep i went :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

I was, & iv'e written about it before. Iv'e still got the programme. There must have been a crowd of 30.000 that night.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I was, & iv'e written about it before. Iv'e still got the programme. There must have been a crowd of 30.000 that night.

Write about it again mate :D :D please!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:05 pm

THANKS for uploading that, brilliant

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm

The game was in 1980......ithe crowd was around 23,000 ......The unfortunate jack who called killed name was David williams...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:13 pm

lordninian wrote:The game was in 1980......ithe crowd was around 23,000 ......The unfortunate jack who called killed name was David williams...

Barry Rondeau was the palace fan that murdered him

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I was there and it was mental, we went on the Bob Bank where they had put the Jacks, walked in behind a lad I'd seen down the City many times and I kid you not he must have sparked out a dozen Jacks as he walked through them.

Write a book Gwyn all the gullible twats on here love a good yarn. You'll be a millionaire! I think a dozen is being a little far fetched, no one no matter how hard or big would beat up 12 on his own.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 pm

bloo wrote:

Write a book Gwyn all the gullible twats on here love a good yarn. You'll be a millionaire! I think a dozen is being a little far fetched, no one no matter how hard or big would beat up 12 on his own.

Haven't you read the swansea book,Milan in particular

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:
bloo wrote:

Haven't you read the swansea book,Milan in particular

I don't read 'football fairytale novels' they are all poorly written and have the same old shit in them about never getting beaten up. I read one chapter of one of these books and it gave me a migrane. God help what the proof readers were like!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Your a rare commodity, a jack that can read,no wonder you moved to London

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:06 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Your a rare commodity, a jack that can read,no wonder you moved to London

Born in Oxford, grew up in Mumbles now live back in Oxfordshire and work mostly in London. It's great working in London it's a real metropolis unlike Cardiff town!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 pm

bloo wrote:
BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Your a rare commodity, a jack that can read,no wonder you moved to London

Born in Oxford, grew up in Mumbles now live back in Oxfordshire and work mostly in London. It's great working in London it's a real metropolis unlike Cardiff town!

Enjoy your commute everyday, they say it takes 3 years off your life.
I'm happy working 20 mins from my home in a nice country setting :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:
bloo wrote:

Enjoy your commute everyday, they say it takes 3 years off your life.
I'm happy working 20 mins from my home in a nice country setting :ayatollah:

I work in London only 3 days a week the rest I do at home in leafy Uffington.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:24 pm

I work 4 days 2x20 mins journeys=160 mins.
You work 3 days 2x90 mins journeys=540 mins.
YOU f*cking MUG

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:30 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:I work 4 days 2x20 mins journeys=160 mins.
YOU f*cking MUG

Ah but you see young man - it pays well and I love what I do. And it's not 90 minutes, more like an hour ;)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:34 pm

bloo wrote:
BillyGoat Gruff wrote:I work 4 days 2x20 mins journeys=160 mins.
YOU f*cking MUG

Ah but you see young man - it pays well and I love what I do. And it's not 90 minutes, more like an hour ;)

Only 6 hours travelling then thats ok then. :lol: You work an extra day a week YOU f*cking MUG

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:10 pm

bloo wrote:

You must have misread the quote, because I didn't mention he beat up twelve lads, only Jacks are that good, what I said was " he must have sparked out about a dozen Jacks as he walked through them" .

Now the walk started from the Grangend turnstiles, under the Grangend and along the Bob Bank, possibly 150 yards+, now admittedly I didn't stand there counting so it could have been a couple more or even a couple less, but they were all one punch flatteners, no fight, no beating up, just a solid left hander from what I remember, not glorifying or exaggerating matters, just telling it as it was.

Unlike some stories such as the Canton mile written and then destroyed by seeing the truth on CCTV, I've yet to be told of any mistruths from my attempt at book writing, so perhaps that tells you something.
Why lie, when the truth is more interesting?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
bloo wrote:

You must have misread the quote, because I didn't mention he beat up twelve lads, only Jacks are that good, what I said was " he must have sparked out about a dozen Jacks as he walked through them" .

Now the walk started from the Grangend turnstiles, under the Grangend and along the Bob Bank, possibly 150 yards+, now admittedly I didn't stand there counting so it could have been a couple more or even a couple less, but they were all one punch flatteners, no fight, no beating up, just a solid left hander from what I remember, not glorifying or exaggerating
matters, just telling it as it was.

Unlike some stories such as the Canton mile written and then destroyed by seeing the truth on CCTV, I've yet to be told of any mistruths from my attempt at book writing, so perhaps that tells you something.

Cardiff (including a few of my mates) have been found out regarding the 'Canton mile'
incident. The CCTV coverage was actually played in reverse!!... the jacks, in reality, RAN
Cardiff down to the Exchange and chased them back in.

This has been verified in the new Swansea book:

From Stone Island to Sustenon 250 - By A Tooze
(with forewords by Carol Pennant and Paul (ken) Dodds

for sale now, in all High St gyms, complete with "the beginners guide to
appearing from nowhere as the jacks top boy"
also by A Tooze £16.99 + steds

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
bloo wrote:

Now the walk started from the Grangend turnstiles, under the Grangend and along the Bob Bank, possibly 150 yards+, now admittedly I didn't stand there counting so it could have been a couple more or even a couple less, but they were all one punch flatteners, no fight, no beating up, just a solid left hander from what I remember, not glorifying or exaggerating matters, just telling it as it was.

That's my point Gwyn - you are talking bollocks - that's laughable and the first i have ever heard of it. Now I know these 'football fairytale book' are mostly full of shit but you are taking the proverbial biscuit here. You can't walk into an area of people and just go bang! bang! bang! with no one fighting back. If he had done that then he must be bruce lee or something as he wouldn't have fought off a load of jacks on his own boxer or not.

Did you write about Brangwyn Hall in your book? Now that was a good 'un.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Tell us all about Brangwyn Hall,then tell us when you've walked around Cardiff on a match day unopposed.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:
lordninian wrote:The game was in 1980......ithe crowd was around 23,000 ......The unfortunate jack who called killed name was David williams...

Barry Rondeau was the palace fan that murdered him

Yeah I went up to the court to have a look at him. Kid didn't know how to stab

Stabbing is part and parcel for some having a row and still is....... I been slashed once and it was tough shit, so what can one say you can't go to football matches looking for a row and then cry after you been stabbed coz it was the act of a coward.
The same can be said for kicking someone in the head when he is on the floor.

If you stab someone then you have to know where to stick the knife.
Certain parts of the body will only wound whilst a small jib in certain areas will definitely kill......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKbcrC0 ... ted....you Irish Bog b*stard :lol: