Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Was anyone at the Palace Jacks FA Cup replay at NP?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Tell us all about Brangwyn Hall,then tell us when you've walked around Cardiff on a match day unopposed.

Aw c'mon you should know this one. What's the matter you got your arse kicked that day?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:56 pm

bloo wrote:
BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Tell us all about Brangwyn Hall,then tell us when you've walked around Cardiff on a match day unopposed.

Aw c'mon you should know this one. What's the matter you got your arse kicked that day?

Thats cleared that up then

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm

..except your lot tried to be cocky around the St Helens area and a very big number of you came very very unstuck indeed.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Swansea are shite .....end of story!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:11 pm

bloo wrote:..except your lot tried to be cocky around the St Helens area and a very big number of you came very very unstuck indeed.

Like we did in Canton 9 against 27

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:
bloo wrote:..except your lot tried to be cocky around the St Helens area and a very big number of you came very very unstuck indeed.

Your lot have never tried it on in Swansea on a non match day.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:23 pm

taffyapple wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I was, & iv'e written about it before. Iv'e still got the programme. There must have been a crowd of 30.000 that night.

Write about it again mate :D :D please!

The game was played on a Monday night, January 14, 1980 at Ninian park. Swansea City v Crystal Palace, FA cup 3rd round, second replay, Ninian park being deemed a neutral ground to play the tie. Cardiff City had played an FA cup tie at home to the mighty Arsenal only nine days before, which drew a crowd of 21972, my self also being in that crowd, so even though this particular game was estimated to have drawn a crowd of about 23.000, beleive me when i say that i thought there was more like 30.000 that night, the vast majority coming from Swansea, but also a big Palace following & of course, a few thousand Cardiff City fans aswell. Swansea fans took over the Bob bank, with the Cardiff fans forced at the back & to the left [Canton end] of the bob bank. The Palace fans were concentrated in the open ended Grange end, where the away fans went in those days. The Grandstand & Canton end was, from what i recall, mixed. All i can say about events that evening were that before, during, & especiall after the game, there was just trouble & violence, mainly outside NP & around the Canton & Riverside areas, especiall down Ninian Park road, where the vast majority of fans would have to walk to & from Central train station. It was down NP road that Swansea fan was stabbed to death, before the game, if i remember correctly. I remember walking back to the station with a load of Cardiff fans & the ob were every where, & the situation was very intimidating, as no one really new who was who, apart from the fellas in your group. Swansea won the game 2 -1 in the end i think. Was the game worth the life of a football supporter? I don't think so. I herd a few years later that the Palace fan convicted of the murded was found hanging in his prison cell.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm

bloo wrote:
BillyGoat Gruff wrote:

Your lot have never tried it on in Swansea on a non match day.

the only reason you lot turned up in canton is that you were on the way back from an away game. you have to pass cardiff to get back to you slums
im sure if we had to pass your hovel every other week we would pop in to say hello

city boys used to go to st helens for the cricket and there has been the old scrap

pvm nd neath boys have shown their faces on night out in jackland many times

not to mention all the wales games ccfc have turned up mob handed

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Brangwyn Hall, feck me there'll be songs about that now, like the famous swim away victory, the problem with only getting the upper hand on rare occasions is that the story has to be embellished more each time it's told, the swim away story in years will be base around three brave young Jacks forcing huge numbers of sould crew to flee into sea, even though the Soul |Crew had guns and superior numbers.

And as for the Rudi Picca story, how is that so un-believable, were you there, it was chaos, no one new who was who, everyone was mingling, Rudi was simply walking through the crowd chinning anyone who looked like a Jack, you know classic six fingers, one ear lower than the other, flared nostrils, moustache like their mothers, Rudi If I remember was around 6ft 2 and looked the part, if he told you it was Tuesday, then it was Tuesday,just glad he was on our side, those that got hit went down, those that seen it happened, either pretended they didn't see it or soon moved away. I am sure if a group had laid into him, he'd have been done, but no group volunteered that night, evryone was to busy looking over their shoulders and looking out for themselves.
But hey, the Brangwyn Hall legend sounds a lot better, shame none of us have heard about it.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm

what is this brangwyn hall all about
where is it and when was it ment to happen

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I was, & iv'e written about it before. Iv'e still got the programme. There must have been a crowd of 30.000 that night.

Write about it again mate :D :D please!

. I herd a few years later that the Palace fan convicted of the murded was found hanging in his prison cell.

Thats because when you kill someone you have to live with their ghost and you need to have a special mind to accomodate that :old:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:what is this brangwyn hall all about

From what I was told. A small group of Neath and Port Talbot got rumbled by the Jacks MAIN MOB of 200 plus. Only Fullman and his brother stood. What was laughable was the Jacks all by passed Fullman to get to his brother. Bully took a number of them out before being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. But hey that's a great victory for them. And as for calling him Fatty Fullman wise up. Not one Jack could take him and he proved it many times. FACT.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Brangwyn Hall, feck me there'll be songs about that now, like the famous swim away victory, the problem with only getting the upper hand on rare occasions is that the story has to be embellished more each time it's told, the swim away story in years will be base around three brave young Jacks forcing huge numbers of sould crew to flee into sea, even though the Soul |Crew had guns and superior numbers.

And as for the Rudi Picca story, how is that so un-believable, were you there, it was chaos, no one new who was who, everyone was mingling, Rudi was simply walking through the crowd chinning anyone who looked like a Jack, you know classic six fingers, one ear lower than the other, flared nostrils, moustache like their mothers, Rudi If I remember was around 6ft 2 and looked the part, if he told you it was Tuesday, then it was Tuesday,just glad he was on our side, those that got hit went down, those that seen it happened, either pretended they didn't see it or soon moved away. I am sure if a group had laid into him, he'd have been done, but no group volunteered that night, evryone was to busy looking over their shoulders and looking out for themselves.
But hey, the Brangwyn Hall legend sounds a lot better, shame none of us have heard about it.

Stick it in your book then you valley c**t

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 pm

bloo wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Brangwyn Hall, feck me there'll be songs about that now, like the famous swim away victory, the problem with only getting the upper hand on rare occasions is that the story has to be embellished more each time it's told, the swim away story in years will be base around three brave young Jacks forcing huge numbers of sould crew to flee into sea, even though the Soul |Crew had guns and superior numbers.

Stick it in your book then you valley c**t

You got done good and fecking proper :lol:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Labby Doos wrote:

From what I was told. A small group of Neath and Port Talbot got rumbled by the Jacks MAIN MOB of 200 plus. Only Fullman and his brother stood. What was laughable was the Jacks all by passed Fullman to get to his brother. Bully took a number of them out before being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. But hey that's a great victory for them. And as for calling him Fatty Fullman wise up. Not one Jack could take him and he proved it many times. FACT.

thought i would have heard about that before what season was it

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Labby Doos wrote:

thought i would have heard about that before what season was it

I think it was late eighties on a sunday morning. There is a photo of the 200 onto 2 jack victory in the Jackanory Comic..

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 pm

something is jogging my memory. was it easter time 87 ish it was kicking off all over the mumbles road after the game and the jacks had a fair size mob coming up from the st helens direction but coppers blocked them off. we ran one mob of 30 or so jacks out of the car park after they bricked us. not sure if same day

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:56 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:something is jogging my memory. was it easter time 87 ish it was kicking off all over the mumbles road after the game and the jacks had a fair size mob coming up from the st helens direction but coppers blocked them off. we ran one mob of 30 or so jacks out of the car park after they bricked us. not sure if same day

Maybe same game and most prob a Bank Holiday.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Labby Doos wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:something is jogging my memory. was it easter time 87 ish it was kicking off all over the mumbles road after the game and the jacks had a fair size mob coming up from the st helens direction but coppers blocked them off. we ran one mob of 30 or so jacks out of the car park after they bricked us. not sure if same day

Maybe same game and most prob a Bank Holiday.

could be but would have thought it would have been big news at the time coz the jacks didn't win to many rucks in those days
saying that it was 20 odd years ago :old:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Labby Doos wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

could be but would have thought it would have been big news at the time coz the jacks didn't win to many rucks in those days
saying that it was 20 odd years ago :old:

What's new? :lol:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:39 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:1979 I think.............I was :ayatollah:

Quality!!!

the knife was found at the back of our yard on corner of 112 ninian park road - wells street - opposite simmo house it was mental that night blood everywhere .............