Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRAIN SERVICES THIS SUNDAY.......

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:45 pm

If you are thinking of travelling by train this Sunday.......you might need to think again...........
Arriva look like they are running NO SERVICES AT ALL !!!!!!!! according to their website.......
replacement bus services on every route by the looks of it...........

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Temp ... ageid=1683

Re: TRAIN SERVICES THIS SUNDAY.......

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm

o well looks like i cant get down to the game then, cant get down from lydney apart from the train

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:o well looks like i cant get down to the game then, cant get down from lydney apart from the train

Use the replacement buses?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Well the train itself only just got in for me to have enough time to get to stadium for kick off, personally i dont think the bus will get there in time, espically if it hits traffic

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:Well the train itself only just got in for me to have enough time to get to stadium for kick off, personally i dont think the bus will get there in time, espically if it hits traffic

Keep an eye on it, they may retime the buses.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 pm

i certainly will mate, fingers crossed

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Thank feck im on the Bargoed bus :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 pm

CCFC - Forever Can i have your ticket lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Well thats fucked my plans up!!! :evil: Looks like one of us will have to drive down now and not drink!! SHOT GUN NOT DRIVING! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

F**ing typical of Arriva, cant they do it on the Saturday to f*ck up the egg chasers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 pm

blue nile wrote:F**ing typical of Arriva, cant they do it on the Saturday to f*ck up the egg chasers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A lot of Arriva drivers, guards & managers are City fans, who will be at the Game on Sunday. I know, i'm one of them!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 pm

The reason for bus replacements this Sunday is Engineering works, to which Network rail is responsible. Nothing Arriva Trains Wales can do about it. Check your travell arrangements well in advance. ;)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Rick, I have a long standing bone to pick with Arriva. This goes back to when I used to catch the train into Cardiff. How come between 8am and 9am the four carriage trains would be heading out of Cardiff and the two carriage trains would be heading into Cardiff rather than vice versa? This often meant half of the people waiting on the platform got left behind!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Dont think the bus drivers will be happy seeing loads of Cardiff fans smelling of alcohol after we beat the Jacks... :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Zabier wrote:Rick, I have a long standing bone to pick with Arriva. This goes back to when I used to catch the train into Cardiff. How come between 8am and 9am the four carriage trains would be heading out of Cardiff and the two carriage trains would be heading into Cardiff rather than vice versa? This often meant half of the people waiting on the platform got left behind!

Because before they were heading out of Cardiff, they were heading into Cardiff. And after that, they get to there destination, & then return back to Cardiff again.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:06 pm

How come they didn't spread it over three carriages though for each trip rather than four for one and two for another? :D

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Dont think the bus drivers will be happy seeing loads of Cardiff fans smelling of alcohol after we beat the Jacks... :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thinking the very same thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm

They simply havent got the traction, on the Valley lines network. It's either two car sets, or two x two [four] car sets. With the four car sets being used primerily for peak service runs, they still sometimes have to run "off peak" aswell.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

blue nile wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Dont think the bus drivers will be happy seeing loads of Cardiff fans smelling of alcohol after we beat the Jacks... :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thinking the very same thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Arriva guards have to, every other week.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Nope nobody can have my ticket, still trying as many plans as possible to get down lol, plus my ticket has been loaded to my away membership card and need that for reading on wednesday

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:Nope nobody can have my ticket, still trying as many plans as possible to get down lol, plus my ticket has been loaded to my away membership card and need that for reading on wednesday

LOL thas ok i can sort it out with someone if you cant make it and you can still keep your card :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am laughing at this -4-2-2-4 carriage sounds like formation on the pitch 3-3 will avergae it out lmaoooooooooo

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Looks like the changes are at Gloucester as they have no alterations for the 11:07 from Lydney. Hope so anyway. :cry:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Train would come from gloucester tho wouldnt it?? why bloody do it on a day like this lol

Re: TRAIN SERVICES THIS SUNDAY......valley lines.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:54 pm

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/EngineeringWorks/

Re: TRAIN SERVICES THIS SUNDAY......valley lines.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/EngineeringWorks/

train to RADYR then bus in and the same out

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm

cheeers baz for that link, looks good for us forest lot then :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:cheeers baz for that link, looks good for us forest lot then :ayatollah:

c u on the train at 0845 then :lol:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Ebbw vale train running up until 4.40pm but ring closer to date to confirm that's the advise I've been just given

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm

its a barbeque sunday,just been told a few valley drivers will be working
but dont know which trains will run,won,t know till sunday

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm

On the rhymney valley line, you can only legally drink on the train from cardiff to caerphilly and not from caerphilly to rhymney.
So does that mean we can take cans on the bus from Heath? :D :D