Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

- EMPTY SEATS AT City ...

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 pm

My partner & I moved into the family stand on Saturday , with another two adults and one child, Due to CCFC's strict policy of only 2 adults with every child I had to buy another childs ticket - which was not used , which resulted in one empty seat.

Whilst this may cause empty seats I do agree with their policy. By the way the family stand is superb and the magician is brilliant - The club should be applauded for this.

Whatsmore I know of friends who have bought season tickets , but live away , and can only attend 5 games a season.
I myself am off to Newcastle on the 19th so 2 seats will be empty for the Forest match.

Its not that alarming in my opinion.

Re: EMPTY SEATS AT City ...

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Joff wrote:My partner & I moved into the family stand on Saturday , with another two adults and one child, Due to CCFC's strict policy of only 2 adults with every child I had to buy another childs ticket - which was not used , which resulted in one empty seat.

Whilst this may cause empty seats I do agree with their policy. By the way the family stand is superb and the magician is brilliant - The club should be applauded for this.

Whatsmore I know of friends who have bought season tickets , but live away , and can only attend 5 games a season.
I myself am off to Newcastle on the 19th so 2 seats will be empty for the Forest match.

I always try to pass my tickets on if I am away. Is it something that can be done via this board.

My kids cant come Sunday (probably for the best :lol: ) so I've upgraded their tickets to adult for £11 each and have 2 willing takers .

I'd thoroughly recommned this to others -especially for Sunday given the demand.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I might call the club tomprrow to say I cant attend the Forest game - perhaps they can resell my seat ?

I know arsenal operate a system like this

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Joff wrote:I might call the club tomprrow to say I cant attend the Forest game - perhaps they can resell my seat ?

I know arsenal operate a system like this

I wouldnt rely on the club doing it mate :lol:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm

well perhaps a better idea would be to sell these tickets on at a reduced tarriff to the unemployed, or less fortunate people once the cancellation has been authorised

Seems plausable to me - Hopefully the commercial dept read this board.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Joff wrote:well perhaps a better idea would be to sell these tickets on to the unemployed, or less fortunate people once the cancellation has been authorised

Seems plausable to me - Hopefully the commercial dept read this board.

Great idea. :ayatollah:

Re: STICKY :- EMPTY SEATS AT City ...

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Have you still got a spare child ticket Chief ? Jez is looking for one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm

my theory is there is a lot of people double shuffling, where I am in the canton theres often 2 lads in the space where only 1 should be which results in a empty blue seat somewhere, the rows are quite wide and fitting extra people in doesnt seem to bad :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Have you still got a spare child ticket Chief ? Jez is looking for one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No mate. I've passed these on already. Sorry.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 am

I have spoken to Julian down the club and fair play they are looking at doing some sort of exchange and resale for the near future similar to the Arsenal scheme where you get some bonus off next years season tickets should you exchange any of your existing ones for the club to resell.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 am

Joff wrote:My partner & I moved into the family stand on Saturday , with another two adults and one child, Due to CCFC's strict policy of only 2 adults with every child I had to buy another childs ticket - which was not used , which resulted in one empty seat.

the last magician got sacked - he made money disappear , very fast !! :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm

what , as in pensioners, disabled people , etc etc - perhaps the match day experience will encourage them to reattend for future matches.

There is no difference in companies offering on-line vouchers and promotions. Its a basic business strategy.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:21 pm

I agree not all of the less well off people in this country are out of employment through choice!!! Some people are in this position through no fault of their own and have worked hard for a majority ( if not all ) of thier lives. Some of these unfortunate individuals would love to attend the game, but they simply can't afford it..............

So lets be a part of the bigger picture and play the game fairly.... Surley someone sitting in the seat is better than letting it go to waste !!!

My ffeelings are we will win on Sunday - by 3-2

Come on Bloooooooooooooobirds

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: - EMPTY SEATS AT City ...

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 am

absolutley