Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Tactics this Sunday "

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Pratley missing could be a major plus for Dave Jones Sunday.Far more than Bothroyd absent for Brendan Rodgers.Our midfield is a far more solid unit this time compared to the last time we met last Easter. I think we could see the real Craig Bellamy Sunday. He's been superbly influential so far but with Jay missing, it's set up nicely for a matchwinning display from Bellars. If I was DJ, I'd play Chopra up top on his own, with CB roaming in-between the midfield and up top. It's about time we governed the midfield against that lot. Technically we could be 10 points clear of third place Sunday night. Too good to be true?

We'll see. We're odds on at the bookies. Hmm...

Re: Tactics sunday

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:06 pm

You have no-one who can do jay's job though and that's where the cookie crumbles.
At Swansea we have one or two who could step in and do Pratleys job. To be fair he hasn't played well of late so doubt we will miss him. I think either Joe Allen or Mark Gower will play there with Kemy Augustien in front of the back four.

Expect to see Dyer, Sinclair and Emnes swapping positions causing havoc like it did against Leicester. Naylor may have to face all three of them during the game.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 pm

ant i just hope he doesnt go with mcphail

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:22 pm

I admire your confidence Bloo, and you have enjoyed a bit of a purple patch. What I'm saying though, is man for man we're superior and if DJ gets it right(he's done ok so far)then your possession football you've been able to outclass most midtable sides with, will mean very little come Sunday night. With Bellamy, Olofinjana, Whittingham, Burke, Chopra etc etc we'll have too much for you. I appreciate Giant-killings do happen though, but what with your pathetic support not even selling the allocation, you're not treating it as the cupfinal it deserves.

Lots of your lot have given up already it seems

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:30 pm

SMASH 'EM! :twisted:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:51 pm

CityGent wrote:I admire your confidence Bloo, and you have enjoyed a bit of a purple patch. What I'm saying though, is man for man we're superior and if DJ gets it right(he's done ok so far)then your possession football you've been able to outclass most midtable sides with, will mean very little come Sunday night. With Bellamy, Olofinjana, Whittingham, Burke, Chopra etc etc we'll have too much for you. I appreciate Giant-killings do happen though, but what with your pathetic support not even selling the allocation, you're not treating it as the cupfinal it deserves.

Lots of your lot have given up already it seems

It's sold out now mate.

And giant killings don't make me laugh! :D Heard it all before from cardiff and it always backfires on you badly (league cup, last seasons 3-2 win).

We should have been the first team to beat QPR this season if it wasn't for a missed pen, but apart from the first 20 mins we outclassed them totally.

Keep bigging your chances up, it will only make you look a bigger c**t come sunday! ;)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Whatever you think.

We've got a Premier League squad in all but status.That's about to change. You know it, I know it. We've been telling you for years, there's only one club in Wales. The 10,000 extra punters we get through the doors regularly than you is only the beginning. Delude yourself that Brendan Rodgers is the answer, after nobody else wanted the job, and kid yourself that Scott Sinclair isn't going to be no more than a pre-Christmas flash in the pan(sticky). We've got the squad to last the pace this time. Enjoy your big day of culture Sunday. We'll see who looks like a c**t in May

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

I'd play Chops on his own and go for 5 in the middle, bringing Drinkwater in, or if not him then McPhail as he has the passing ability needed to utilise Chopra, Burke and Bellamy properly.

I'm not going to predict we'll smash them as who knows on the day. There coudl quite easily be a sending off or fluke goal which turns everything.

Just hope we score first for once, as they havent got a good record coming from behind , BUT are very good (apart from last April) at holding and building on leads.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm

CityGent wrote:Whatever you think.

We've got a Premier League squad in all but status.That's about to change. You know it, I know it. We've been telling you for years, there's only one club in Wales. The 10,000 extra punters we get through the doors regularly than you is only the beginning. Delude yourself that Brendan Rodgers is the answer, after nobody else wanted the job, and kid yourself that Scott Sinclair isn't going to be no more than a pre-Christmas flash in the pan(sticky). We've got the squad to last the pace this time. Enjoy your big day of culture Sunday. We'll see who looks like a c**t in May

Yes you have and you are still in the second division. You were (allegedly) promoted last may but could not beat little Blackpool, and now I am being told you are already promoted as early as November. You cannot make it up!
Cardiff are doing well but it remains to be seen if they can last the full season. A few injuries here and there and maybe Bothroyd f*cking off in January will soon put paid to that.

Rodgers has done a very good job so far and if Cardiff had lost Jones in the summer I don't think many managers would have chucked their hat in due to recent financial troubles.

Sinclair is a very talented young player. He will finish in the top 3 scorers this season, always in the right place at the right time.

As for culture don't make me laugh, Cardiff is a tin pot little town compared to a real city like London (where I work) which really gets everything. In England where I live and proud to be from, you welsh mugs are hardly talked about or even heard of. Little club little minds.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm

ant, 4hrs it took us to sell our allocation last yr for them peg selling cunts nearly 2wks it took them they,ll always be in our shadow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Nicely put sir :thumbup:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 pm

So your a bloody plastic hahahaha

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:So your a bloody plastic hahahaha

No mate I go to every saturday home game and try to get to weekday games when i can as i work and live in England. But i do also go away a lot. Been following them for 36 years!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Welsh mugs? are you Danny Dyer or Frank Harper..

As for us last season. Do you think we're making amends by adding Drinkwater, Olofinjana, Koumas and last but not least, one of the finest talents in British football, Sir Craig Bellamy to the ranks. Listen, you've been in our shadow for years, and as I say, you're delusional to pretend anything is going to change. You're not playing Palace or Leicester Sunday mush, it's a whole new situation. London might be a cultural melting pot, but you'll always be a Swansea boy :-)

Mug...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

CityGent wrote:Welsh mugs? are you Danny Dyer or Frank Harper..

As for us last season. Do you think we're making amends by adding Drinkwater, Olofinjana, Koumas and last but not least, one of the finest talents in British football, Sir Craig Bellamy to the ranks. Listen, you've been in our shadow for years, and as I say, you're delusional to pretend anything is going to change. You're not playing Palace or Leicester Sunday mush, it's a whole new situation. London might be a cultural melting pot, but you'll always be a Swansea boy :-)

Mug...

Drinkwater the man utd reject and Olly Pyjamas I bet Brendan is having sleepless nights. As for Koumas - well past it. Joe Allen will run rings around him. Wait until you see our new player Kemy Augustien - very classy, tackles hard and has incredible vision. He's the guy to nullify Olly banana or whatever his name is.
Oh and don't forget Bellamy ain't your player - he's a Manchester City player. When you f**k it up (as you always do in may) he'll be off. The little gobshite ain't fit to lace Robbie James' boots after declining to play for wales.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm

bloo wrote:

Mug...

Drinkwater the man utd reject and Olly Pyjamas I bet Brendan is having sleepless nights. As for Koumas - well past it. Joe Allen will run rings around him. Wait until you see our new player Kemy Augustien - very classy, tackles hard and has incredible vision. He's the guy to nullify Olly banana or whatever his name is.
Oh and don't forget Bellamy ain't your player - he's a Manchester City player. When you f**k it up (as you always do in may) he'll be off. The little gobshite ain't fit to lace Robbie James' boots after declining to play for wales.

You're not even Welsh, why is Bellamy declining to play for Wales any concern for you?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Oly Pajamas? Tremendous chomping that Jack. To be honest with you though, if I was a Swansea fan, I'd probably be ranting like a f*cking retard too. Heheheh.

My work here is done. ;-D

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Claire wrote:
bloo wrote:

Mug...

You're not even Welsh, why is Bellamy declining to play for Wales any concern for you?

Because I support Swansea and have a lot of Welsh mates. What Bellamy did must be galling for you taffys as is he is not fit then why did he play for Cardiff? Robbie james would have run through a brick wall in plaster just to pull that shirt on.

There again bellamy or no bellamy Wales will never qualify for anything. In fact I am looking forward to England smashing 4 past you next year. :D

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 pm

bloo wrote:

Mug...

Man united reject :lol: . He's got a contract there and anyway, hardly an insult to be rejected from one of the worlds top clubs.

You really are losing the plot.

Koumas is just getting back to what he can do -I won't profess to be an expert on Allen, he might have come on a lot, looked lightweight before, but worked hard and had a nice touch, wouldnt be suprised if he has become a very good player. JK probably won't start, but don't write him off he's still got the skill and touch which got him his reputation.

Olly has looked a real dominant force in midfield and when he's played we've looked strong. He'll give your pretty midfield a different type of challenge to what you've seen so far.

As for Augustien, how much time have you seen him play ? I love it how people (and not just jacks) can be experts on players after seeing 200 minutes of them.

Bellamy. Class act, simple as that, and he'll be with us as long as most of your top players will before they are either sold or walk away out of contract in the summer.

Its far from cut and dried, you wouldnt have the number of points you have without being a very good side AND you have several excellent players, I'd take Williams, Rangel, Sinclair and Prately if they were available, but you could very well look a right tw*t with the way you've dismissed ours.

Before you say it bothroyd will leave if we dont go up too. But thats the breaks.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:35 pm

i have some reservations about sunday as a proud cardiff fan i feel our players just don't battle hard enough in the derby games as witnessed last year, other than of course michael chopra who gave 150% and didn't give up right til the end!!
however considering mcphail, rae, ledley won;t be in this years line up, players who were cut through like butter last year by swanseas 5 man midfield, and no one can disagree with this if there honest, i think this year will be different, we now have a class championship holding midfielder in olly he'll break up swanseas neat passing, bellers who'll tear the wings apart, whitts who'll hopefully get the free role and chops running riot things look up plus bellers won;t accept less than 110% from every man on the field and if they aint up to it he'll give em an hiding!!!
my main concern is lee naylor, gets turned inside out easily and is outpaced too easiyl and with the likes of scott sinclair he'll struggle we have leaked goals from that wing too many times this season with far weaker wingers running against him for me thsi line up should be used!

heaton

matthews(pace) gyepes hudson mcnaughton(pace)
ollifanjan
burkey whitts bellers
koumas(drinkwater if fit)
chops

this is only way to line up for me anything else won't work 4-4-2 with keogh and chopra aint good enough against 5 man midfield of the jacks

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Win lose or draw let's make sure we know where we stand..., will be above you, will have more fans than you.... I admit we won't hav as many fingers as you or shag as many of out sisters as you but hey it's not your fault your incest freakish scum.

You could beat us 0-7 and you still won't be the capital.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:15 am

CityGent wrote:Pratley missing could be a major plus for Dave Jones Sunday.Far more than Bothroyd absent for Brendan Rodgers.Our midfield is a far more solid unit this time compared to the last time we met last Easter. I think we could see the real Craig Bellamy Sunday. He's been superbly influential so far but with Jay missing, it's set up nicely for a matchwinning display from Bellars. If I was DJ, I'd play Chopra up top on his own, with CB roaming in-between the midfield and up top. It's about time we governed the midfield against that lot. Technically we could be 10 points clear of third place Sunday night. Too good to be true?

Very sorry,but Bothroyd is a far bigger loss to us than Pratley is to the jacks.Bothroyd is our MAIN MAN.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:18 am

2blue2handle wrote:Win lose or draw let's make sure we know where we stand..., will be above you, will have more fans than you.... I admit we won't hav as many fingers as you or shag as many of out sisters as you but hey it's not your fault your incest freakish scum.

You could beat us 0-7 and you still won't be the capital.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:40 am

Wolf wrote:
CityGent wrote:Pratley missing could be a major plus for Dave Jones Sunday.Far more than Bothroyd absent for Brendan Rodgers.Our midfield is a far more solid unit this time compared to the last time we met last Easter. I think we could see the real Craig Bellamy Sunday. He's been superbly influential so far but with Jay missing, it's set up nicely for a matchwinning display from Bellars. If I was DJ, I'd play Chopra up top on his own, with CB roaming in-between the midfield and up top. It's about time we governed the midfield against that lot. Technically we could be 10 points clear of third place Sunday night. Too good to be true?

Very sorry, but Bothroyd is a far bigger loss to us than Pratley is to the jacks. Bothroyd is our MAIN MAN.

Like we've got nobody to directly replace Bothroyd, Swansea haven't got anybody to directly replace Pratley either!

There is nobody in our squad that can do Bothroyd's job and whilst Swansea have got other midfield options, they haven't got anybody who can come in and do the type of job that Pratley does for them and all their other midfield options, are Hobbitts!

We've still got goals in our front men (Chopra & Bellamy if DJ chooses to play him up front), whilst it's only Swansea's midfield players who are scoring for them!

Forget about Bothroyd, as IMO, Pratley is as important to Swansea, as Olifinjana is to us, as they are both physical players who break up play and get forward to score goals as well!

The only difference is with Olifinjana, who I swear against Norwich, purposely gave the ball away, because he knew that he''d win it back straight away! :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Wolf wrote:

Very sorry, but Bothroyd is a far bigger loss to us than Pratley is to the jacks. Bothroyd is our MAIN MAN.

Like we've got nobody to directly replace Bothroyd, Swansea haven't got anybody to directly replace Pratley either!

There is nobody in our squad that can do Bothroyd's job and whilst Swansea have got other midfield options, they haven't got anybody who can come in and do the type of job that Pratley does for them and all their other midfield options, are Hobbitts!

We've still got goals in our front men (Chopra & Bellamy if DJ chooses to play him up front), whilst it's only Swansea's midfield players who are scoring for them!

Forget about Bothroyd, as IMO, Pratley is as important to Swansea, as Olifinjana is to us, as they are both physical players who break up play and get forward to score goals as well!

The only difference is with Olifinjana, who I swear against Norwich, purposely gave the ball away, because he knew that he''d win it back straight away! :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

bang on there overthemoon :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 am

Morning Mr CG, Another fine post for a bite. Are you sure Bloo isn't FSE? :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:21 am

bloo wrote:

Yes you have and you are still in the second division. You were (allegedly) promoted last may but could not beat little Blackpool, and now I am being told you are already promoted as early as November. You cannot make it up!
Cardiff are doing well but it remains to be seen if they can last the full season. A few injuries here and there and maybe Bothroyd f*cking off in January will soon put paid to that.

Rodgers has done a very good job so far and if Cardiff had lost Jones in the summer I don't think many managers would have chucked their hat in due to recent financial troubles.

Sinclair is a very talented young player. He will finish in the top 3 scorers this season, always in the right place at the right time.

As for culture don't make me laugh, Cardiff is a tin pot little town compared to a real city like London (where I work) which really gets everything. In England where I live and proud to be from, you welsh mugs are hardly talked about or even heard of. Little club little minds.

But we're not comparing Cardiff to London are we my little cock sparra. Its that rancid, backward cesspit down west - the one you choose NOT to live in :lol:

All those jellied eels must be affecting your brain fella :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:35 am

bloo wrote:

bloo,didn't little blackpool beat you something like 6-0 last season?if chopra didn't score his brace against your lot.you wou would have had enough points for play-offs :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Minty wrote:Morning Mr CG, Another fine post for a bite. Are you sure Bloo isn't FSE? :lol:

Good morning. I believe Mr Sharkey is living in Australia now. Just like this other tramp above, it seems the further they can get away from Swansea the better. This Bloo character started off quite sane, but when he started banging his keyboard with sayings like"Oly Pyjamas",his true colours shone through :-). I could have carried on, but Cyber-bullying is an arrestable offence

:-D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm

bloo wrote:You have no-one who can do jay's job though and that's where the cookie crumbles.
At Swansea we have one or two who could step in and do Pratleys job. To be fair he hasn't played well of late so doubt we will miss him. I think either Joe Allen or Mark Gower will play there with Kemy Augustien in front of the back four.

Expect to see Dyer, Sinclair and Emnes swapping positions causing havoc like it did against Leicester. Naylor may have to face all three of them during the game.

your star players may have caused havoc against leicester but dont forget your playing cardiff on sunday :D