Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE HAD JOY, WE HAD FUN.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:20 am

We had joy, we had fun, when we seen the Jack scum run.
Made us laugh, made us smile, seeing them do the Canton mile.

Re: WE HAD JOY, WE HAD FUN.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 am

BigGwynram wrote:We had joy, we had fun, when we seen the Jack scum run.

:roll:

Not a patch on the swim-away though isit? We all know how much that gets under your noses

swim away, swim away, swim away - swim away, swim away, swim awaaaaaay! got a much better ring to it :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

["nct68"]["BigGwynram"]We had joy, we had fun, when we seen the Jack scum run.
Made us laugh, made us smile, seeing them do the Canton mile.[/quote]

Not a patch on the swim-away though isit? We all know how much that gets under your noses

swim away, swim away, swim away - swim away, swim away, swim awaaaaaay! got a much better ring to it :lol

trouble is though mate you got no real evidence to support your fantasy wheras your canton mile experience is there for all to see in glorious video.
you even argue over what year the swim away was suppossed to have happened

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 am

nct68 wrote:

swim away, swim away, swim away - swim away, swim away, swim awaaaaaay! got a much better ring to it :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just look stupid doing it!!

How many in a crowd of 25,000 actually did go in the water? Gets under our noses? f**k off will ya!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 am

nct68 wrote:

I, like many others, have never swam away from you so couldn't give two fucks about it. I'd love to see you try to make me though - and I've had many a leisurely stroll along Oystermouth road on our match-days. Very pleasant experiences there :lol:

And as for that pensioner with the armbands - yes, he was truly terrifying and didn't make you look a bunch of pricks, honestly :roll:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am

I have seen the video of the Canton mile, and I've also read the Jacks account of it, and they differ enormously, only you can decide which one to believe,the one you've seen with your own eyes off the CCTV cameras, or the one made up in some Joke book.

I 've yet to see footage of the famous swim away victory where a vastly outnumbered small band of Jacks forced a huge number of Soul Crew into the sea to escape a good thrashing, and I watched every episode of Fantasy Island but must have missed that epsiode, Da plane, Da plane.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 am

Why didn't they go in after them?
Why didn't they wait for them to come out?
Why bleat on about it - when in a fair toe to toe ( Kingsway ) they were no-where to be seen?
Why don't they turn up more after matches on their way home from their travels ( got to be some easy pickings there )?
Why throw seats at children or OAPs in the grandstand?
Why not come on the pitch when offered?
Why did they run when Bristol went to their main pub ? :oops:

There are lots of question but I'm not hearing answers

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:53 am

stan106 wrote:Why didn't they go in after them?
Why didn't they wait for them to come out?
Why bleat on about it - when in a fair toe to toe ( Kingsway ) they were no-where to be seen?
Why don't they turn up more after matches on their way home from their travels ( got to be some easy pickings there )?
Why throw seats at children or OAPs in the grandstand?
Why not come on the pitch when offered?
Why did they run when Bristol went to their main pub ? :oops:

There are lots of question but I'm not hearing answers

I wonder why Stan? Gwyn got it right. :D "We had joy, we had fun" .

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:I, like many others, have never swam away from you so couldn't give two fucks about it. I'd love to see you try to make me though - and I've had many a leisurely stroll along Oystermouth road on our match-days. Very pleasant experiences there :lol:

And as for that pensioner with the armbands - yes, he was truly terrifying and didn't make you look a bunch of pricks, honestly :roll:

The thing is, it's all about reputation. Whatever happened that night (was it 30 Soul Crew v 100 Jacks or 10 v 1500) All is remembered is the FACT that cardiff swam away instead of fighting. The very notion of it gets you lot all worked up. You pretend it doesn't but we all know different.
A mate of mine is an avid Arsenal fan who was walking down the road minding his own a few seasons back (when you played them in the cup?) when a bus full of Cardiff fans drove past. He did a quick 'swim-away' which led to the bus stopping and the 53 incumbants (with the driver) chasing him up the road! Is that something that they would do if they wern't 'bothered' by the insult to their hooligan status?

Let's face it, wherever you go the ledgend of the 'swim' will go before you. I bet that hurts ;)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 pm

On the Canton mileToozey and his so called mob waited for the main city boys to leave, then got run by a couple of local boys and bingo ladies :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 pm

""Let's face it, wherever you go the ledgend of the 'swim' will go before you. I bet that hurts""

Errr no, not one little bit. But I bet it's what you'd like us to think! :D :D :D :D

Do one peg seller. Vegetation is so pale in Swansea because of it being in the shadow of Cardiff. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lot are an embarresment to Wales. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 pm

blue nile wrote:On the Canton mileToozey and his so called mob waited for the main city boys to leave, then got run by a couple of local boys and bingo ladies :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone have a link? I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPPPn8liE3o

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:29 pm

blue nile wrote:On the Canton mileToozey and his so called mob waited for the main city boys to leave, then got run by a couple of local boys and bingo ladies :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whether or not that is true is debatable. It's not what every away fan talks about around the country when you visit them though is it? Cardiff will be forever known as the firm that swam away and you really do not like it one bit - as some of the comments on this thread show.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm

nct68 wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:I, like many others, have never swam away from you so couldn't give two fucks about it. I'd love to see you try to make me though - and I've had many a leisurely stroll along Oystermouth road on our match-days. Very pleasant experiences there :lol:

The thing is, it's all about reputation. Whatever happened that night (was it 30 Soul Crew v 100 Jacks or 10 v 1500) All is remembered is the FACT that cardiff swam away instead of fighting. The very notion of it gets you lot all worked up. You pretend it doesn't but we all know different.
A mate of mine is an avid Arsenal fan who was walking down the road minding his own a few seasons back (when you played them in the cup?) when a bus full of Cardiff fans drove past. He did a quick 'swim-away' which led to the bus stopping and the 53 incumbants (with the driver) chasing him up the road! Is that something that they would do if they wern't 'bothered' by the insult to their hooligan status?

Let's face it, wherever you go the ledgend of the 'swim' will go before you. I bet that hurts ;)

Dream on fella.

And don't worry, wherever we go there are different legends that go before us. And these ones are well-earned, not bullying - look that up in the dictionary mate as its a new concept for you lot :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 pm

love it :ayatollah:

BLUE ARMY!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:17 pm

nct68 wrote:

Whether or not that is true is debatable. It's not what every away fan talks about around the country when you visit them though is it? Cardiff will be forever known as the firm that swam away and you really do not like it one bit - as some of the comments on this thread show.

Whether or not it's true?, ffs have a look at the youtube link posted in the reply above you, you dopey inbred c**t

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 pm

You are showing your age now, Gwyn.

StT. <><

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 pm

nct68 wrote:Whether or not that is true is debatable. It's not what every away fan talks about around the country when you visit them though is it? Cardiff will be forever known as the firm that swam away and you really do not like it one bit - as some of the comments on this thread show.

Cardiff will only be known as the "firm" that swam away by Swansea... :roll:

I don't see a bunch of inbreds chasing a whole "firm" into the sea... Can you?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:05 pm

They dont get any more embarrassing than Swansea `91,you were still playing with lego then jack,ask ur dad who took liberties in Swansea that day! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:06 pm

Thats why ur ground is called The Liberty :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKW_13_M ... re=related :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cOcgE2UME

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Not as bad as knowing your wasting your money tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Why didn't they go in after them?

It would have been an equaliser thats why. Like standing in a train carriage when your outnumbered or on a bridge.
12 young lads average age 15/16 - as I said in a previous post - I was 16 and was in the group surrounding by the OB by the petrol station. A young group who had the bottle to take the fight to the jacks an hour after the game on their home patch. Proud of us all.
Webber(RIP) was not quite 15 at the time but was standing in the water singing 2-0 2-0 2-0 etc to the jacks and beckoning them to come on in.

And it honestly doesnt bother me now swim away - it was a long time ago and I was a kid who had double geography in the morning.
I loved the revenge in 91 and that was a long time ago too.
The jacks haven't changed tho still snivelling slimy cowards lol :D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:21 pm

nct68 wrote:

nct68 I think you are starting to call the shots here, I dont think that is acceptable. What i suggest is, you and I re create the swim away thing on the beach, just you and I, and see who the better swimmer is. Anytime to suit you, I can be there in 10 minutes.
If you dont take up my offer then i suggest you shut the f**k up.

Put up or shut up.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Great song Gwyn must stick on sunday to the pikey cunts :ayatollah: remember the Fa cup game at swansea when we smashed the f**k out of the pikey cunts now that was poetry, even the town centre looked better with thousands of Bluebirds on the rampage.. :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 pm

nct68 wrote:

This just confirms the standard of education in your rat infested shit hole! Now jog on just like your 'lads' did in Canton :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
nct68 wrote:

nct68 I think you are starting to call the shots here, I dont think that is acceptable. What i suggest is, you and I re create the swim away thing on the beach, just you and I, and see who the better swimmer is. Anytime to suit you, I can be there in 10 minutes.
If you dont take up my offer then i suggest you shut the f**k up.

Put up or shut up.

Be fair that is not good odds for them, one on one :lol: