FOR THE AUSSIE Game.
SELLOUT for the welsh derby.

Blues can,t fill a stand at CCFC
FOOTBALL or rugby
the most popular sport in wales

need i say more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Re: 21,000 EGG TICKETS LEFT !!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I suspect that the underlying issue is ticket prices and the combined cost of the whole "day out". The WRU have pushed it too far and even some hardcore fans have decided that a better deal is to watch it on television. It only takes an economic downturn to bring the matter to the surface. If they want to fill the stadium, they just need to make it affordable.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:I suspect that the underlying issue is ticket prices and the combined cost of the whole "day out". The WRU have pushed it too far and even some hardcore fans have decided that a better deal is to watch it on television. It only takes an economic downturn to bring the matter to the surface. If they want to fill the stadium, they just need to make it affordable.

they are playing one of the best teams in the world (there are only 10 country that can be arsed with the game) you would think a rugby mad nation like wales would be fighting over the tickets :D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:42 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:I suspect that the underlying issue is ticket prices and the combined cost of the whole "day out". The WRU have pushed it too far and even some hardcore fans have decided that a better deal is to watch it on television. It only takes an economic downturn to bring the matter to the surface. If they want to fill the stadium, they just need to make it affordable.

they are playing one of the best teams in the world (there are only 10 country that can be arsed with the game) you would think a rugby mad nation like wales would be fighting over the tickets :D

I agree. Considering the opposition it should be a sellout, but the key issue here is cost and the economic times we are now in. If the WRU had a marketing team worthy of the title, they should have seen the writing on the walls for these Autumn Internationals as they were never an easy sell in better times.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:45 pm

we should swap grounds for these games then they could both be sellouts :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:we should swap grounds for these games then they could both be sellouts :lol:

Indeed! :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:28 pm

totally agree. after the grandslam prices went up about three times the amount before and have continued to increase despite the teams poor showing over the past few years.

Going to Six Nations games used to be the highlight of my year, buh its not possible cos of the massive prices :cry:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

at their prices i'm surprised they have sold as many as they have....

only one result matters this weekend and we all know which one that is :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 pm

How much are the egg tickets ?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:25 am

Australia at the moment are the best side in the world. The WRU are going to use all sorts of excuses but the reality is they have fallen well short.

Fact is ticket prices are not the priority with any sporting event. The will to go to that event is always the main priority. That doesn't matter if it's football, rugby or anything else.

I can remember, not that long ago, going to a cup final in the old national stadium. It was Neath v Ponty and you could not get a ticket for love nor money.
These days if Neath were playing Ponty in a cup final, be that region or club, you could play it in my back garden. Not that Ponty has a region anymore.

I can also remember the All Blacks going to play Cardiff at the Arms Park, another game which was a sell out. Back then all rugby games were well subscribed. But Welsh rugby being Welsh rugby it is not surprising that they are dying a death. They are so arrogant and so far up their own arses that they don't even realise how arrogant they are. That arrogance starts at the top and filters down to every back street rugby club all over south Wales.

What they don't realise is Welsh doesn't mean rugby and rugby doesn't mean Welsh. Rugby is a minority sport in Wales, live with it.