Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO!!!!! Do NOT blame the manager!!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm

He played Drinkwater, a gamble given how long the lad has been out. But
we slag Jones enough for not taking a chance, im sure we were all chuffed
to see him in the 11. Even Hudson I thought was ok

Bothroyd, he could do nowt about.

Keogh, fair enough, he was out of his depth.

But we DID NOT PERFORM.

Today was their day. They are a f*cking good side to be honest, at our
best, With Jay, we'd beat them I reckon.

Too many players went missing today

Re: NO!!!!! Do NOT blame the manager!!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:45 pm

so all the pressing which the manager instucted to the players to do b4 kick off was the players fault for not doing it i guess or was it only me watching yet another dearby with them passing the ball around for fun :old:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 pm

taffyapple wrote:He played Drinkwater, a gamble given how long the lad has been out. But

But we DID NOT PERFORM.

This about sums it up for me :ayatollah:

The only thing I would question is whether DJ tries to take the passion out of the Derby with our boys, because this seems a common theme with our team over the last couple of years?

Does that mean I am part of the DJ out brigade? Certainly not.....

:old:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:51 pm

I love DJ...but I didn't understand why he played Drinkwater ahead of Rae & McPhail or why he kept him on when he was tired/crap :?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

i dont understand why he didnt say to anyone of them to close the ball down for 94mins thats the thing killing me i was amazed watching it.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Dave Jones is responsible for playing Keough ahead of Burke and trying to play the way we do with Bothroyd in.
It was a shocking decision as Keough is plainly not able to play that role.
What makes it worse is how long he took to change things when it was obvious that things weren't working.

He can take the plaudits when we play well but he must take the flak when we play like that.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:10 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:so all the pressing which the manager instucted to the players to do b4 kick off was the players fault for not doing it i guess or was it only me watching yet another dearby with them passing the ball around for fun :old:

See I disagree there. Over the last few weeks we have been at out best when we
have broken the other team down in our own half... it has given our pacy skilled
players room to attack defences. We just could not get the ball off them today.
They were happy to play football in their own half because they have good shape
and if they DO lose the ball, their isnt much space for the opposition

I was particularly disappointed because in the first 10 minutes Oli looked like he
was going to run the show. They just bypassed him. Danny was coming back from
injury and will obviously get back to his best. But McPhail and Rae would have been
out of their depth.

this defeat will do us more good than harm in the long run. They were better than us.

A wake up call right now is a good thing!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:12 pm

It would help if we had a decent ref. Had the pen been given in 1st few minutes and we'd scored it would have been a completely different outcome.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Why the f**k didn't we press them more.
Chopra was the only player to show any passion today.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Keli wrote:
taffyapple wrote:He played Drinkwater, a gamble given how long the lad has been out. But

But we DID NOT PERFORM.

This about sums it up for me :ayatollah:

The only thing I would question is whether DJ tries to take the passion out of the Derby with our boys, because this seems a common theme with our team over the last couple of years?

Does that mean I am part of the DJ out brigade? Certainly not.....

:old:

could have been a friday game against scunthorpe,, no atmosphere, no football, crap day

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm

vicky wrote:I love DJ...but I didn't understand why he played Drinkwater ahead of Rae & McPhail or why he kept him on when he was tired/crap :?

how about koumas :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:Dave Jones is responsible for playing Keough ahead of Burke and trying to play the way we do with Bothroyd in.
What makes it worse is how long he took to change things when it was obvious that things weren't working.

He can take the plaudits when we play well but he must take the flak when we play like that.

And you think Chopra can play that role?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 pm

But we DID NOT PERFORM.

Usually I would agree, but today, playing keogh was a mistake and most fans knew it. That was a case of DJ playing a man he brought in for no reason other than he brought him in. Did nothing and has done little since he arrived so no shock there.

I know why he played drinkwater, but to play him in a match of that intensity was plain wrong after being out for so long.

He eventually changed to the formation most fans thought he should have had from the start and we then looked like we were far better balanced and got a few chances.

Bellamy for me a major disappointment today. Lacked composure which he should have in bucket loads at this level. As usual without Jay we are a shadow of our best team. And this is a man out of contract shortly with no replacement in the squad.

DJ insists these games are just another game for 3 points. Bullshit - it is a local derby that fans deserve more respect in. Either way we dropped 3 home points today and in my mind DJ must take a large slice of responsibility for that I'm afraid.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 pm

It come down to the fact that we miss Jay more than we missed Bellamy. If 26,000 could see that drinks was given the ball away too much, and Keogh was way out of his depth and chops was not being used to his best, who is the guy that should have sorted it? Sorry I like Dave Jones always have , but he got it all wrong today.
I dont say I know better than Dave,that would be silly of me. But I would have started with Jason in for Whits, Whits out on the wing and for Bellamy give Bellamy a free run and with burke in his own position. Should never have started with Burke out of the team.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:32 pm

maccydee wrote:
Wash DC Blue wrote:Dave Jones is responsible for playing Keough ahead of Burke and trying to play the way we do with Bothroyd in.

And you think Chopra can play that role?

No I don't.
A different formation should have been adopted with balls played to feet.
You can't do that though unless you have the ball though.