Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If/when the stadium is extended do you think..

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:57 pm

The atmosphere will improve ?

2 tiers singing together and the noise from the lower tier will stay in. Maybe also the top tier above the Grange could be the new 'Grange End' ?

Re: If/when the stadium is extended do you think..

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:28 pm

It may help to keep the atmosphere in if its extended.

By and large all seater stadiums do lack the atmosphere of those with terraces though.

It does make me smile though when people harp on about the great atmosphere at Ninan Pk . Sure it could occasionally be a seething bear pit...more often than not it was like a morgue.

The old ground was simply too open to keep the noise in.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:42 pm

thought today it was very good not sure what other fans made of it. I was in the Canton and some loud chants there today what was most pleasing was the family stand getting off their feet and singing and chanting also !! well done to everyone in that stand today credit due :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 am

alfie sherwood wrote:It may help to keep the atmosphere in if its extended.

By and large all seater stadiums do lack the atmosphere of those with terraces though.

It does make me smile though when people harp on about the great atmosphere at Ninan Pk . Sure it could occasionally be a seething bear pit...more often than not it was like a morgue.

The old ground was simply too open to keep the noise in.

there would have been a far better atmosphere at ninian with half the attendance than the ccs

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 am

thing is we needed a new stadium. how can you become a big club theses days with a stadium like ninian? although i liked it but we needed 2 move with the time

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am

bluebird7291 wrote:thing is we needed a new stadium. how can you become a big club theses days with a stadium like ninian? although i liked it but we needed 2 move with the time

i hate the ccs legoland. the boys in the canton tried their best to get atmosphere going and we can see people sing and chanting in other parts of the ground but the sound doesn't seem to travel. top be honest i thought it was one of the flatest derby atmospheres ive experienced

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 pm

i agree pridey boy. atmosphere overall has gone shit

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:thought today it was very good not sure what other fans made of it. I was in the Canton and some loud chants there today what was most pleasing was the family stand getting off their feet and singing and chanting also !! well done to everyone in that stand today credit due :ayatollah:

that was me and a few others dotted around we will get the family stand to be better than the ninian and canton soon :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:58 am

If we go up and the CCS is extended then stick all the happy clappers and women who don't like singing/shouting/breathing up in the top tier out of the way.AND LET THE REST OF US MAKE A GREAT ATMOSPHERECos I'm sick and tired of all the knobs who tut and moan if anybody shows a bit of emotion down there.FFS this is football A MANS game.If they don't like noise or swearing then why dont they all wear ear defenders or go to their local library on a Saturday afternoon and leave us get on with it.

RANT OVER

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 am

To get that place rocking you need songs, the songs Cardiff have got to me is Naf, There the same as all the other grounds.
They sing, you are my Cardiff my only Cardiff, time and time again you hear it, Then Barmy Army , or Blue Army, Come on please. Wales is the land of song ? well ok lets prove it, I my self have put up a few songs on this forum and I have seen other also. What we need is a Room on this forum where a few guys can go and come up with a few new songs.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

welshcitydragon wrote:To get that place rocking you need songs, the songs Cardiff have got to me is Naf, There the same as all the other grounds.
They sing, you are my Cardiff my only Cardiff, time and time again you hear it, Then Barmy Army , or Blue Army, Come on please. Wales is the land of song ? well ok lets prove it, I my self have put up a few songs on this forum and I have seen other also. What we need is a Room on this forum where a few guys can go and come up with a few new songs.

Give us a C..... :lol:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:29 am

Give us a C.... :lol: whats that ?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Give us a C.... :lol: whats that ?

An old song :old: :lol:

I know what you mean mate,in the old place we had 2 areas that people sang in , the Bob Bank and the Grangend now we have just the Ninian. It seems that the Bob bank singers are now scattered throughout the new stadium. So we totally depend on the Ninian for the singing. Why they don't sing the old songs I don't know.They could tinker with the words a bit or even make up a new song!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Well my seats are in the Canton stand and they sing like hell, I thought most of the songs come from there. As for new songs ,as I have said posted a few that are still in words on the forum and also chants.

Here is one of the chants, To the tune of Nick nack Paddy whack

Were Cardiff city, all in Blue , were going to take 3 points of you
With a goal from Chops Bellamy and Jay, we;ll blow you f*cking team away.

Were from wales we cant be beat, All our player got magic feet
With a goal from Jay, Bellamy and Chops, we;ll burie you in a wooden box.

Just sit there and Watch us Play, you wish you never travel today.
With a goal from Chops Bellamy and Jay, Now f**k off back up the motor way.

That was one of the chants I posted

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 pm

2 fans next to me were singing the song, who's that team we call the cardiff, etc and at the end I couldnt beleive it they sung and keeny jacketts wife is a whore !! lol he left them quite a while ago !!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

we would have a better atmosphere if more fans actually sang

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Wasnt good from where I stood.

Atmosphere disappointing, particularly for a derby game.

Think we have lost that Ninian buzz,

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:2 fans next to me were singing the song, who's that team we call the cardiff, etc and at the end I couldnt beleive it they sung and keeny jacketts wife is a whore !! lol he left them quite a while ago !!!! :ayatollah:

I was singing 'Rosie Webster is a f'ckin lesbian' to Sinclair, but no-one joined in (a few laughed)- I dont think half our fans knew he was knobbing her.

Are our fans a lot less knowledgable these days :lol: