Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Keogh did NOT play well

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I've read comments of people defending Keogh, saying he had a good game, etc.

This is NOT true. He had an awful game.

Most of it was down to him being played as a target man, when he is clearly not one.

However, every time he had the ball, he either had a stupid over-touch on him, or his passing was awful.

As for the shot he had when we should've had a penalty (keeper dragging back Chopra), he shot is straight at the player.

The same could be said for H2O. His first game back, and he clearly wasn't ready to play for so long. His first touch was abysmal, and he just didn't up for such a big appearance after such a long time out.

Re: Keogh did NOT play well

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 pm

not being funny but keogh aint played well in any of the games he s played for us its as simple as that he s full of running but thats easy to do any one of us would run about all game but he s got a poor touch cant pass or shoot and as for being a target man well enough said really

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Keogh ran his socks off to be fair, the problem is more for all Dj's vaunted "we can change the way we play", he was expected to perform exactly as Bothroyd does, which isn't Keogh's game.

First half, Keogh was winnning the headers - with absolutely zero support, nobody running onto them. That tends to make his performance look worse.

Would I have started him? No. I can understand the extra body in midfield, so would have had Chops up front with Burke in the role Chops played first half. I'd have gone with McPhail rather than Drinkwater too.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Should we be asking what Keogh does well and what does he positively contribute to this team? Should we be asking why DJ didn't go with a direct Bothroyd type as a loanee? They may be few and far between but there must be someone somewhere in the world who can hold a ball up and lay it off. You could argue not of the standard of Bothroyd but then you might as well compare Keogh's scoring ability to Chopra's/Bellamy's or wing play ability compared to Burke, Whitts or Bellamy. :roll:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm

From what I have seen so far, No wonder MM wasn't bothered loaning him out. I dont think he's good enough for Championship football - where you aren't given as much time on the ball as you are in the Prem. Loses possesion easily, and yesterday, gave the ball away far too often.

midfield should have been Bellamy, Whitts, Olly, McPhail, Burke, Chopra up on his own...

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Keogh ran his socks off??? i did not see him run once, he was shocking and he should be sent back to wolves and free up a loan where we can have a decent target man when bothroyd is out. As i said i didnt see him run if he had been running the jacks wouldnt have had that much time on the ball like they did at the back

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:32 pm

I guess it s all about opionions I thought he had his best game in a city shirt !! looked better movement and won his headers !!! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:Keogh ran his socks off??? i did not see him run once, he was shocking and he should be sent back to wolves and free up a loan where we can have a decent target man when bothroyd is out. As i said i didnt see him run if he had been running the jacks wouldnt have had that much time on the ball like they did at the back

Keogh did what he was asked to do. Can't blame *him* when he's asked to play a role he's not suited to.

If Chops was asked to play in goal, he wouldn't get pilloried when things went wrong. :lol:

Keogh is by no means a target man. That's abundently clear. The problem was, we had NOBODY breaking from midfield to support. Bellamy and Chops seemed to be staying wide, so Keogh was asked to basically take on their defence with little to no support.

Keogh won the ball in the air. The way the side played the first half, ball lumped in air to him, he'd have had to have headed it to himself...

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I thought he did ok, having again been played out of position.

He won a few knocks on that no one anticipated and although he gave the ball away once or twice, he was no different to anyone else in the side.