Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

is swearing acceptable at football

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 pm

i sometimes swear at the ref , the linesmen and players i also sing songs which has swearing in them...
when i go to football i accept and tolerate swearing and it doesnt bother me or my kids..
what are other peoples opinions?

Re: is swearing acceptable at football

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 pm

emotions running high, swearing seems to be the norm.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Oh f**k yeah :lol: :lol: Tough one that one i have never swore in front of my nipper but when i go to Football i never stop :D

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

f*cking right

rubbish swansea city went to rome to see the pope and this is what he said ''go away deer chaps''

isnt quite the same :D

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 pm

in saying that i work with kids therefore never swear, unless there over 16 and they need a bollocking. at football though i may say the odd ''bloody'' :lol:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 am

Apart from the family stand YES .............But feelings and booze take over :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 am

milly44 wrote:in saying that i work with kids therefore never swear, unless there over 16 and they need a bollocking. at football though i may say the odd ''bloody'' :lol:
f*cking hell milly :lol:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 am

hailesy wrote:emotions running high, swearing seems to be the norm.

Thats exactly what happens, The Truth is swearing is heard at Boxing,Ice Hockey,Cricket etc etc etc, But the Difference is, you would NOT get arrested at those sporting events for it.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 am

If you can't awear at the football, where can you swear? Apart from the pub, in your own home, car and on here

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 am

Yep Its over the top, Maybe some of you have seen myself and my wife and my little boy in the Ninian pub he had his Big Red Dragon with him for the swans game and were in the canton stand. There was a Guy given it all the C and fk ct he could. I my self use O shit no! or christ things like that but this guy was really OTT. My son is only 4ys and my wife didnt even know that word till she went to the Cardiff games, as she is Filipino. She ask me whats that word that guy use? I just made out I didnt hear her. We all use O fu-k it,or shit or jesus Christ but surley there no need of the big C word with kids around, as he speaks welsh he thinks its a new welsh word. So come on guys tone it down a little hu ?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 am

Well I guess you can say its the booz and I also remember what my father told me, When boys got money they think there men, But when the money is gone there only boys again!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:Apart from the family stand YES .............But feelings and booze take over :lol: :ayatollah:

I have been in the family stand a couple of times recently.

I find it quite amusing as all these young boys with there dads (or girls with there mums) are the first to jump up and give it the wanker sign. I think parents let it go at the football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

Yes. Not even debateable.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Yer we all let it go a little at games, But shouting out the C T to me is not really called for. But i guess it makes some guys feel big

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:28 pm

better than not being able to hear atall(Deaf). :!:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 am

jinks/cwm wrote:i sometimes swear at the ref , the linesmen and players i also sing songs which has swearing in them...
when i go to football i accept and tolerate swearing and it doesnt bother me or my kids..
what are other peoples opinions?

they can get fucked if they don't f*cking like it...i like my match day tourrettes