Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Savage - "Pathetic Koumas"

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 am

Just watched back the match on sky plus (with sober eyes this time :lol: ) I feel like a wounded animal and didnt think i could feel any worse than what i did on sunday. A few points stick out for me.

Firstly Robbie Savage you either love him or hate him, I have felt both tbh. But his comment on Koumas and his fresh legs just letting a Swansea player go by him without getting stuck in, at first he riled me up (just defending our player) but replaying it back he is spot on its that kind of tirade that wouldnt go amiss from DJ on the touchline.

His comments on the much debated (on here) atmosphere, he repeatedly criticized the flat atmos and voiced his dissapointment at his first welsh derby. And felt it reflected on our teams play? Whats your thoughts on this, I was gutted it sounded so poor on TV this was a big day for us on the beeb, I know I cant sing anymore than I do already I never stop!!! He sure is a colourful co commentator compared to some of the numpties

Losing at home is no crime, even if its a derby with precious points at stake. But everywhere the press is saying Cardiff outplayed! It is slightly overexaggerated in my view, but large passages of play we absolutely were. How can this be? Are we a team of individuals who occasionally gel up against lets be honest Sinclair aside a lesser team of individuals who gel better. I mean they controlled the game for long periods!!!

Drinkwater should never have started, maybe thats why Oli wasnt himself

GGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Joe Allen was impressive

I could go on but it hurts to open up the wounds!

2 away wins this week and we are flying

BLUE ARMY!! :ayatollah:

Re: Savage - "Pathetic Koumas"

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:11 am

watch the last minute.which city player laid an intellient pass to blake who then plonked it on bellers head.
yes thats right Jason K.
Because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't make him a bad player.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 am

stickywicket wrote:watch the last minute.which city player laid an intellient pass to blake who then plonked it on bellers head.
yes thats right Jason K.
Because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't make him a bad player.

and one good pass does`nt make him a good player either,savage said his lack of desire to win the ball back was pathetic,and i`d have to agree watching it back,but has he`d only been on the pitch ten mins,then i would expect him to bust a gut,in every game,not just this one.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 am

Thats right JK is a lovely passer of the ball and was my fave City player once. However his lack of desire in the challenge having just come on in a derby with fresh legs is very dissapointing and concerning. I appreciate hes more of a flair player than a battler but come on!! We are losing to the Jacks at home with 10 mins left

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Is it just me or does Koumas seem like a shadow of the player he was first time round? I know he hasn't had as much game time but I wonder what the reason is? If he was the same player as last time around, he would walk into the team, no matter what our midfield currently is. Maybe his attitude, generally, isn't the same this time round