Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT HURTING BUT I HAVE PUT IT INTO PERSPECTIVE

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 am

We have just had Internet restrictions lifted after 3 days so its the first time I could post. I am now glad BFBS didn't show the game i'd normally have been suicidal and would have had the samaritans on speed dial. But life for me changed Sunday and thought i'd share it with you after reading some of the comments on here. Football and cardiff City are an important past of my life and i'd always support them but since sunday the battle over here has ramped upconsiderably and although no-one has died over the past 3 days 7 British Soldiers have had their lives changed forever after engagements with the enemy. So football is still important but life is even more important.

I hope those going on Wednesday have a great time its one of the away games i alaways travel to from Colchester. Its approx half way from colchester to cardiff.

Bloooooobirds.

p.s I stiill hate the Jacks :ayatollah:

Re: IT HURTING BUT I HAVE PUT IT INTO PERSPECTIVE

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Big Ceri wrote:We have just had Internet restrictions lifted after 3 days so its the first time I could post. I am now glad BFBS didn't show the game i'd normally have been suicidal and would have had the samaritans on speed dial. But life for me changed Sunday and thought i'd share it with you after reading some of the comments on here. Football and cardiff City are an important past of my life and i'd always support them but since sunday the battle over here has ramped upconsiderably and although no-one has died over the past 3 days 7 British Soldiers have had their lives changed forever after engagements with the enemy. So football is still important but life is even more important.

I hope those going on Wednesday have a great time its one of the away games i alaways travel to from Colchester. Its approx half way from colchester to cardiff.

Bloooooobirds.

good post mate.
i have family out there fighting for us in afgan at present and i for one realise as we all do what a fantastic job your all doing. stay safe :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:32 pm

should get the people of swansea out to afghan, form a wall around the troops, strap them to the tanks etc

they aint good for anything else :lol:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Good post mate, keep safe :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Well said.

Was talking to a few of the Welsh Guards in The Corp on Sunday night, telling me what job they do and was shocked when they told me the pttiful wage they get for it.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Brings things to earth with a bump, when reality is brought about by folk in "other" situations. :oops:

To be honest, I was gutted all day Sunday, but come Monday, I was over the loss as I don't intend giving other clubs fans the satisfaction of seen me hurt! :D

Sad to hear about the injuries and hope for the best as can be expected to all concerned.

Keep your head down Ceri! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Big Ceri wrote:We have just had Internet restrictions lifted after 3 days so its the first time I could post. I am now glad BFBS didn't show the game i'd normally have been suicidal and would have had the samaritans on speed dial. But life for me changed Sunday and thought i'd share it with you after reading some of the comments on here. Football and cardiff City are an important past of my life and i'd always support them but since sunday the battle over here has ramped upconsiderably and although no-one has died over the past 3 days 7 British Soldiers have had their lives changed forever after engagements with the enemy. So football is still important but life is even more important.

Bloooooobirds.

:lol: :ayatollah:

Great to hear from You Ceri :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks lads for the messages of support, Life out here is hard, working very long hours sometimes a 16-17hr day - go to be d and do it all over again.When people hear "Today in Afghanistan" on the Tv what everyone is not heaaring about is all those inured and maimed by a clever and devious enemy who make the IRA look like the boy scouts.

That said i'll be logging on Thursday morning to find out he score (we are 4 and a half hours ahead) so have a good time at reading its one of those eaasy palces to get to. I remember going to Elm Park when they played there and parking was a nightmare. Happy days when I was Cpl in Aldershot. :old:

Regards to you all Lads, your messages of support mean alot!

Ceri :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Bloooooobirds.

Well said Ceri and this is the sort of reason I loathe the salaries of people playing just a game,even though it`sa game we like.
Tossers like Rooney should take a long ,hard look at themseves as they are not fit to tie the laces of most in the Forces

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

great post mate. STAY SAFE :ayatollah:
just to cheer you up some of our youngsters spotted a jack flag flying in someones garden near to our local after the game
so they liberated said flag and we had bonfire....childish i know but funny as f**k and it cheered me up :lol:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Bloooooobirds.

ceri will have a couple of pints for you m8 keep you head low and your wits high,Robbie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm

cheers ceri, your doing a great job out there,,,, and i bet the soldiers, who are cardiff fans, are the best :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

[quote="Big Ceri"]Thanks lads for the messages of support, Life out here is hard, working very long hours sometimes a 16-17hr day - go to be d and do it all over again.When people hear "Today in Afghanistan" on the Tv what everyone is not heaaring about is all those inured and maimed by a clever and devious enemy who make the IRA look like the boy scouts.

That said i'll be logging on Thursday morning to find out he score (we are 4 and a half hours ahead) so have a good time at reading its one of those eaasy palces to get to. I remember going to Elm Park when they played there and parking was a nightmare. Happy days when I was Cpl in Aldershot. :old:

Regards to you all Lads, your messages of support mean alot!

Ceri

Stay safe feller. Nice to see you posting!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Bloooooobirds.

Perspective Indeed. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Great post and glad you did it. You guys are doing a fantastic job and please extend that to all the guys out there no matter who they support. That Cardiff city fans are thinking of them. Come back safe and make an appearance in the Ninian Pub and i will gladly buy you a pint.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: