Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ Clears Up His Opinions On Derby Games Or Does He

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Just watched his pre match interview for the Reading game and the good news is that at the start of the interview 1minute 12 seconds in he clarifies his opinion on derby games.

Some of the fools that are writing need to get their facts right, I never said I didn't enjoy playing in derby games it's all the crap that goes with losing derby games I don't like.

Thats fair enough Dave and thank you for making your position clear.

Now lets look at his prematch interview for the Swansea match in particular 9 minutes 30 seconds in where he gives his experience of derby matches.

I don't enjoy derby games, I DIDN'T ENJOY PLAYING IN THEM, I don't enjoy them as a manager because you don't want to lose them.

Thanks for clearing that up Dave just about as clear as mud gets I think. :? :? :?

Re: DJ Clears Up His Opinions On Derby Games Or Does He

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Quite simple - DONT LOSE THEM THEN !

Stick to the system that has worked so well throughout the season and it would have been a different result

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Dobbin wrote:Quite simple - DONT LOSE THEM THEN !

Stick to the system that has worked so well throughout the season and it would have been a different result

He also says that he didn't drop Chris Burke on Sunday he just used the squad :? :? :?

Also people should look at the bigger picture we have just won 6 games on the trott so what we didn't win the seventh. (Actually Dave it's 5 games on the trott) which by any standard is excellent but your asking us to deal with facts here.

Best of all he asked people to look back 16 games now we have played 15 league games this season so the 16 league game would be the play off final. :o :o :o

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:05 pm

castleblue wrote:Just watched his pre match interview for the Reading game and the good news is that at the start of the interview 1minute 12 seconds in he clarifies his opinion on derby games.

Some of the fools that are writing need to get their facts right, I never said I didn't enjoy playing in derby games it's all the crap that goes with losing derby games I don't like.

Now lets look at his prematch interview for the Swansea match in particular 9 minutes 30 seconds in where he gives his experience of derby matches.

I don't enjoy derby games, I DIDN'T ENJOY PLAYING IN THEM, I don't enjoy them as a manager because you don't want to lose them.

Thanks for clearing that up Dave just about as clear as mud gets I think. :? :? :?

what a shit house, i dont like derby games cos i dont like losing them. what a f*cking shit negative attitude. attitude of a manager that doesnt like big games

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 pm

milly44 wrote:
castleblue wrote:Just watched his pre match interview for the Reading game and the good news is that at the start of the interview 1minute 12 seconds in he clarifies his opinion on derby games.

what a shit house, i dont like derby games cos i dont like losing them. what a f*cking shit negative attitude. attitude of a manager that doesnt like big games

And the question is does he pass this on to our players :?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm

it seems that way :cry:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm

"All the crap that goes with losing them"?????

I think he means people like us. Who pay his wages, who keep him in a job.

People like us you see, get massively involved with a local derby, we talk about
it for weeks before, we mourn for days afterwards if we lose. We would walk
over hot coals ourselves if we thought it would get the result. We expect the
same from our players, who are living in the local area, who know what it means
to us. People like us moan complain criticise and pick holes in things after losing
a derby match.

Well thats it now, sorry Dave. I know you've gone through some right shit in your
life, and I can fully comprehend how "a football match" is just that to you, just a
game. Not life and death.

But I'm fucked if Im going to apologise for being passionate and over-excited about my
Football Club. I'm going nowhere. I'll be a passionate, over-excited Cardiff City fan long
after you are gone.

Time to get a manager who gives a f**k methinks. Somebody who will feel our pain.
Somebody who cares a f**k about the rank and file who traipse across Britain in all
weathers, despite Police bullying and despite being treated like concentration camp
internees.

Somebody who knows what Cardiff City is all about, or is at least willing to find out.

I no longer want a manager who looks down on this club and its fans because he was once
a bit part player at Everton.

f**k you Jones... Enough is enough.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm

great post taffy :D

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm

taffyapple wrote:"All the crap that goes with losing them"?????

I think he means people like us. Who pay his wages, who keep him in a job.

People like us you see, get massively involved with a local derby, we talk about
it for weeks before, we mourn for days afterwards if we lose. We would walk
over hot coals ourselves if we thought it would get the result. We expect the
same from our players, who are living in the local area, who know what it means
to us. People like us moan complain criticise and pick holes in things after losing
a derby match.

Well thats it now, sorry Dave. I know you've gone through some right shit in your
life, and I can fully comprehend how "a football match" is just that to you, just a
game. Not life and death.

But I'm fucked if Im going to apologise for being passionate and over-excited about my
Football Club. I'm going nowhere. I'll be a passionate, over-excited Cardiff City fan long
after you are gone.

Time to get a manager who gives a f**k methinks. Somebody who will feel our pain.
Somebody who cares a f**k about the rank and file who traipse across Britain in all
weathers, despite Police bullying and despite being treated like concentration camp
internees.

Somebody who knows what Cardiff City is all about, or is at least willing to find out.

I no longer want a manager who looks down on this club and its fans because he was once
a bit part player at Everton.

f**k you Jones... Enough is enough.

You've said it all there Taffy great comment :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: