Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST MY OPINION

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 pm

If DJ does not get Cover and I mean a Quality player for Jay, Then I really believe we struggle to make the Top 6, thats how important Jay is in My Opinion.
Any other Opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JUST MY OPINION

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Jason Roberts is on his way. ;)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

i wouldnt be suprised to see the jacks comfortably in the top 6, if not the top 2, if they add a 15/20 goals a season man to there squad in jan.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

milly44 wrote:i wouldnt be suprised to see the jacks comfortably in the top 6, if not the top 2, if they add a 15/20 goals a season man to there squad in jan.

Yes I believe the Jacks will make the top 6, they looked very comfortable in their play, never panicked and theres No pressure on them.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If DJ does not get Cover and I mean a Quality player for Jay, Then I really believe we struggle to make the Top 6, thats how important Jay is in My Opinion.

Jay is such an important player to this team, and yet again it was proved on Sunday, without him our forward line seems very lacklustre and we look a weaker side.

We urgently need cover for Jay or we will definitely struggle to win games without his services if he was to get injured.

Ishmael Miller or Nile Ranger would do or someone else better hopefully, but we need cover NOW.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If DJ does not get Cover and I mean a Quality player for Jay, Then I really believe we struggle to make the Top 6, thats how important Jay is in My Opinion.

Doubt you'll get many arguments with you Annis, seems that everything revolves around a big target man. :( :oops:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

While we missed Jay, I still think we'd have been totally different if we had stuck with the same system.

Throwing DD back in when he wasn't ready was a big mistake, as was leaving out one of the most creative influences the squad has.

Swansea did well, but they hardly carved us open, though to be fair, they were comfortable.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 pm

I think Jonsey just needs to stop tinkering with the team.

If he had burke on instead of Keogh, leaving chops up front on his own, I think we would have got at least a point out of Sunday.

The problem we have is that Jay is so good that, if he is not in the team, there is nobody to replace him. I cant even think of someone who we could buy and be happy on the bench.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 pm

We all know No Jay No Play.

The question is why can't DJ see this and do something about it. :?: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Jay is central to the way we play. On Sunday he was missed big time Keogh although winning every flick on he didn't match Joys other skills and not playing regularly looked out of sorts. Given DJ thinks its just another game, and to him, it is. I had hoped Craig Bellamy's first Welsh derby experience might have rubbed off on the rest of the team. Unfortunately we were second best all over the place including the technical area.

Now the positives we are second in the league and have a team capable of beating anyone (on their day) and have a fantastic chance of promotion so lets put Sunday where it belongs, in the past, and get right behind the boys tomorrow night. I'm going to be there along with 2999 others.

Onwards and upwards guys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:10 pm

I also Have said this,But will he have the money ? or just another loan player? I Reckon Dave have done great with nothing.
At the start of this season Im sure there are many on here that would have settled for the place we are in now. But we really need to bring in someone of quality, problem is Quality means money.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I also Have said this,But will he have the money ? or just another loan player? I Reckon Dave have done great with nothing.
At the start of this season Im sure there are many on here that would have settled for the place we are in now. But we really need to bring in someone of quality, problem is Quality means money.

Also, that type of Quality, wont be happy sat on the bench waiting for Jay to either be suspended or injured

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Jay is the only player in the team for whom we cannot cover his absence

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

i think TG & Co will know how vital a player like Bothroyd is to our team & that when he's not playing we need someone who can fill that role more effectively than what weve currently got.

Money talks, if they are serious about getting us promoted this season then theres only one option.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Who would you seriously sign though because for a price that isn't in the realms of silly money, I'm struggling to think of anyone who comes remotely close

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

how bout someone like rooney (no not the shrek lookalike, prozzie shaggin one) the inverness player or even david goodwillie of dundee utd both pretty physical guys who can also play very good football.

goodwillie's a loose cannon off the pitch but he is a very good player

not gonna be huge transfer fee's with them being in scotland.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm

would jay have played as well as he has all season in the system we played on sunday?

Keogh had no chance as he had no support its all very well trying to win flick ons and hold the ball up but when you got 3 defenders round you and no support whats the point?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:50 pm

I agree. Our team that played on Saturday played no better than our team that played Blackpool last May. November is, Historically a bad month for City results [under DJ anyway], too many more abject performances between now & Xmas & i think we could struggle into the new year.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm

sack wrote:

would jay have played as well as he has all season in the system we played on sunday?

Keogh had no chance as he had no support its all very well trying to win flick ons and hold the ball up but when you got 3 defenders round you and no support whats the point?

On that Issue maybe not, Hmm.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 pm

the problem that i can see is that we have a quality squad,and for whatever reason they just dont seem to perform without jay. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:how bout someone like rooney (no not the shrek lookalike, prozzie shaggin one) the inverness player or even david goodwillie of dundee utd both pretty physical guys who can also play very good football.

goodwillie's a loose cannon off the pitch but he is a very good player

not gonna be huge transfer fee's with them being in scotland.

Goodwillie is a decent player, but a bit of a headcase, and probably best avoided - was arrested again last week.

Not seen the boy Rooney, and thought about going to Pittodrie to see them tonight but to be honest, I can;t be arsed, especially with them getting humped 9-0 on Saturday!!!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I think Keogh could be a good player for us if he was given game time in the right position, the problem is he wont get it unless Jay is out for several weeks, the same will be said for anyone we sign as cover because Jay is so important.

compare it to the chops / rosco situation , Ross did not become a bad player because we signed chops. he did not get games (up front) lacked match fitness & sharpness (oh and he spent a bit too much time watching re runs of the krankies drinking guiness and driving range rovers into roundabouts)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Agreed, if possible get a loan player in with a view to sign in Jan.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Annis I think that we are strong enough to make the top 6 without like for like cover for Jay however I don't think there's any way that we will make the top 2 and that means we will be vulnerable to a possible play-off situation without Jay....and we all know what that means. I know what you are saying and feel that it is vital that DJ brings in a quality striker in the Bothroyd mould, however he's a stubbon bloke and I don't think that he sees this as a priority. I really think that we need to convince him directly or indirectly via TG that we are likely to fail in our quest for promotion unless we invest in a top notch target man in January. Does anyone have any ideas how we can best make representations to TG in order that he fully understands what is needed so that he may "persuade" DJ to recruit the best guy. If it takes £1m then so what..... that's peanuts in order to virtually guarantee a top two finish.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 pm

We are a good team even without Jay, but with him we are a VERY good team.

We have to get past this idea that we can't win without him before it rubs off on the players and has them convinced as well that they can't win without him.

We aren't going to get a replacement this side of January and we have to bear in mind that he could get injured or suspended again before then. We won't get a Jay "replacement" as it would be too expensive and someone of that ability is already likely to be playing elsewhere. A fairly experienced target man who can hold the ball up like Steve howard would be OK, but I don't think he is as good as he was 2 years ago.

DJ just has to make sure we have a workable alternative formation for when he is missing - I think that's what he had in mind on Sunday but Swansea were too good as a team for us to get past. I stand by what I said in another post somewhere on here that the team we put out and the way we played on Sunday would have been good enough to beat half of the teams in our division. (Although I would not have played DD)

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 am

krab wrote:

the problem that i can see is that we have a quality squad,and for whatever reason they just dont seem to perform without jay. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DJ needs to address this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:57 am

Jay is our key player, we struggle without him (jacks on sunday & play off final )
We need cover for jay however DJ needs to adapt to games without him we have the strength and depth but without jay our team struggle. Personally I think DJ got the tactics completely wrong on sunday.

Bring on tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 am

Been this way for the last 2 seasons Annis dont you think , and DJ and all at CCFC know this . IMO Keogh is cover for Chops which allowed the quick sale of Mc Cormack to Leeds and we now desperately need cover for Bothroyd . Steve Thompson would do a job but its not me who picks the team or the wanted list is it ????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 am

Vintage 63 wrote:

Been this way for the last 2 seasons Annis dont you think , and DJ and all at CCFC know this . IMO Keogh is cover for Chops which allowed the quick sale of Mc Cormack to Leeds and we now desperately need cover for Bothroyd . Steve Thompson would do a job but its not me who picks the team or the wanted list is it ????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Martyn, I agree, DJ causes his own problems in my opinion.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:18 am

I honestly find it hard to believe that Jones cant get to sign a decent centre forward or loan or permanent ............ just look around the Championship to see which managers have done it tho ! Stead at the Wurzels ,Iwelumo at Burnley , Scotland at Ipswich and even Emnes at Swansea . BUT saying that these teams manage without their players too coz they have a plan B which seems to work too :ayatollah: