Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATMOSPHERE (Again)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Sat on the train back from London and I've been giving this a lot of thought.
Are we trying to create the impossible? I think one of the biggest problem is the stadium itself with its high upward sloping roofs, it just need a lid on it
To contain the noise. I bet its bouncing on the roof.

In the Canton where I am it has moments when its jumping and the atmosphere
Is great at least from there it is but listening to the rest of the ground its always muffled and far away.
What's it like from the other end, is the Canton end loud?

Shit design if you ask me and were stuck with it at least for the next 20 years or so!
Plus the fact everyone is so much more spread out.

Hopefully the new fans will have a bit more confidence to be more vocal next season.

You lose count of new faces that find it a bit intimidating I get new people every game around my seat.

joining in is the only way.

We need to be more ascertive and ask anyone one who's not singing to join in and encourage them.
Work is needed in 104 big time, shouting 'Come on you F****rs join in' from the back just don't work.
Not to mention all the other blocks that are vacant most of the game (or is it we just can't hear them).

Like is said were stuck with this lemon, maybe another tier will help if that goes ahead. All we can do is get everyone on board.

SING AND WIN simple init! Print it on every ticket, season ticket post it in the bars watever it needs to get this message across, to all new and quiet fans.
Its not f'in hard is it?
At least then we can just blame DJ and or the players!

Rant over going back to sleep.......... :ayatollah:

Blackberry phones are also shit for writing on message boards, I'm in Swindon now.

Re: ATMOSPHERE (Again)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I like the canton as you can stand and sing when people can be arsed. sometimes on my own is embarrassing. i would go to the ninian stand by the away fans but is hard to get tickets.

From the canton end i struggle to hear the away fans (apart from that massive roar at the end against the jacks) so i feel all banter and childishness has gone.

I love the quick witted songs about an away fan/fans or a response to them singing. even the odd five mins when something happens and you forget the game is on as the singing back and forth is so funny.

When we sing " you what, you what, you what you what you what? " it is genuine. we cannot hear from so far away.

almost like the spar stand at ninian park. used to take ages for them to reply to do the ayatollah or give us a song.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry to be a myth buster but what songs are actually sang? A few chants of that der der der crap and the same two anthems, We are the Greatest over and over again and The Barmy Army bollocks. There are no actual songs being sung. Must be this X Factor crap that todays youngsters watch because we do not sing anymore. At least back in the 70, 80, 90.s etc we had a vibrant music culture which spawned many tunes on the Terraces. Even all the chants for our players apart from Burkes are the same tune.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

The singing from the Canton sounds great from where I am in the Grandstand. The atmosphere was good just before kick off.... but when I watched the game onTV the following day, god it sounded quiet...

Playing crap didn't help. We need something to get us going, and the players gave us nothing I m afraid.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:13 pm

my season ticket is in the canton stand, and we genrally sing all game. im up the top behind the goal and the atmosphere is decent, even if the songs become repetitive and boring.

but at half time sunday and the millwall game i have ventured around to the ninian stand by our away friends and you cant hear as peep from the canton. but i know there singing as i stand there every week, but you cant hear f**k from the canton all down the otherside of the ninian stand. annis doesnt believe we sing in the canton but i keep telling him we do :roll: :cry:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm

looking back at the leicester play off game last year can anyone say that the atmosphere was rubbish??????????? or how about when we beat the jacks???????????because at both games the ground was rocking. there is a point in the ground being big and spread out but the truth is when everyone gets up and sings the place is full of atmosphere which as be proven so its us as fans that make that difference ,the only way forward is to try and get as many singers together as possible like they tried to for the welsh games

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 pm

All seater stadiums kill atmosphere.
We have produced cracking atmospheres last year at the CCS, one against the Jacks and the other game against Leicester in the play off game, so we can produce the atmosphere.
The canton stand where I was last Sunday, the atmosphere was great, unfortunately, you cannot hear it as loud if you are at the other side the ground, and im sure the away supporters dont hear us in the canton either.
It would be nice to swap ends with the Canton swapping with the family stand to banter the away fans and vice versa.
We need to make CCS a fortress, but unfortunately seating kills atmospheres unless we swap with the family stand.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: